PDA

View Full Version : "Carrie" in cinema

belle42
08-14-2008, 07:22 PM
I don't know if we want to discuss the movie versions (as they do vary from the books). However, I saw the more recent version this past weekend and noted a Lost cast member as a main character. Emilie de Ravin played Chris in the version I saw.
While I watched, I wondered if perhaps this was coincidence or if Claire in some way connected with Chris in the book/movie versions.
My $0.02...

chebang
08-28-2008, 06:37 PM
I just saw the new version and the old version as well. I thought watching them might be an interesting pairing with reading the book. It does seem strange that Emile plays Chris in the 2002 version. I know that Lost aired in 2004, so it's possible that there was some overlapping in the initial filming of the show Lost and the movie Carrie. Who knows? It could also be a coincidence. But either way, it's still interesting to find similarities between Chris and Claire.

Here is a list of what I can think of as character ties/links/similarities:

Chris-hot shot lawyer daddy, spoils Chris
Claire-hot shot surgeon daddy, though not present in her life until after the car accident with her mom, which put mom in a coma for 5 years

Chris-total jerk, meangirl, homicidal
Claire-on island super sweet & kind, off island we see two sides to her, before the car accident with her mom she is spoiled and rebellious & doesn't want to face her part in the accident, after she gets pregnant she is remorseful and changes her ways

Chris-dies in a the car with Billy, accident caused by Carrie's will
Claire-mom dies in a car accident where Claire was driving and had been fighting with her mother and said she hated her and wished her dead

Chris-boyfriend Billy a crazy homicidal druggie
Claire-off island boyfriend Thomas, painter, normal guy but leaves her when she gets pregnant, on island boyfriend Charlie, drug addict, irrational at times, liar and thief

Robbyn
08-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Claire's mom's not dead

chebang
08-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Claire's mom's not dead

is she still in a coma?

Robbyn
08-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Season 4 Episode 12 at Christian Shepard's Eulogy

Ten months after the crash, Jack delivers a eulogy at his father's memorial service. He expresses remorse over not having his body present, saying he loved his father. After the ceremony, Carole Littleton approaches him. She explains her story, revealing to Jack that Claire - whom she believes he never met - was his half-sister and was also on the plane. Jack is obviously shaken at the news. Carole then approaches Kate, complimenting Aaron, unaware that he's her grandson.

The Tempest
09-13-2008, 03:07 AM
Even though it was released in 2002 it doesn't mean that Emilie de Ravin was cast in Lost at that stage and she was only cast as a recurring character anyway, so she may have pursued other projects in between filming scenes in Lost. But its more than likely they began production for Carrie, well before 2002.