PDA

View Full Version : the ajira 10

Chioma
02-21-2009, 03:18 AM
[putting it here: don't want to confuse the MF over the #10 or bicker about spoilers/canon/etc]

[new thread: didn't want it to get lost in ajira thread, plus it's prob more show related than promo ARG related]

there's a joke in the MF about abbadon being on the flight...i laughed, then counted, then imagined our 10th is that bald watcher dude from fringe LOL...

ok-ok do we have our 10 passengers?

1. jack
2. kate
3. hurley
4. sun
5. sayid
6. ben
7. frank
8. caesar (sp?)
9. ilana
10. ?

Q. hurley would have been required to purchase 2 seats yes?...so is that it or do you think they will spring another passenger on us?...

i think it's all set, but something lingers in the back of my mind...when the 06 were rescued who did the rep acknowledge before talking to the losties in the back of the coast gaurd plane?...it doesn't seem like something they would revist, so i don't think it's a mystery to get hung up over, but it makes me feel like something weird is being hidden under our noses again...

Q. did you like how it went down?

when the ajira info suggested 10 adults i wasn't keen on it, having them all on the same plane to return seemed too simplistic at face value...the proxy thing was great, provided some necessary resonance, rather than just "be on this flight at this time"...actually it was very smart...i've seen complaints about the proxy concept but it could very well have manifested electromagnetic resonance (which is a real thing)...the window was not enough to get back, together by proxy they hit a certain pitch and that's what places them on the island...sweet...and it seems like the end result of the flight is that they have been split into groups/seperate eras...cool :)...the spoiler saying they would not go back together was intriguing...very happy it's turning out to be complicated...i like that they are dabbling with frequencies!!!

dalarro
02-21-2009, 05:10 AM
I think #10 is Frank.

Lost Lost Lost Lost
02-21-2009, 05:50 AM
10 would be Locke, wouldn't it?

theotherbilly
02-21-2009, 05:52 AM
What about Locke or would he be considered baggage at this point?

Chioma
02-21-2009, 06:06 AM
I think #10 is Frank.

huh? i had frank accounted for...

since i'm here more on the 316 event:
hawking mentioned unpredictibility if they didn't all go back together...i think their proxy attempt was enough to get them all "transported" but it was not 100% resonant frequency, 815 compared to 316 (could it be tho?) and/or ben being aboard was a glitch (personally i think it's ok he was part of it) -and that's why they arrive on island in different groups/places/times...jack, kate, hurley in 70s, the rest crash in current year...

Chioma
02-21-2009, 06:09 AM
What about Locke or would he be considered baggage at this point?

doh!

i'm usually all about dead things...

i was just thinking where's theotherbilly, he'll sort it out and here you are...nice...:D

but good Q, he doesn't really count as a passenger but totally ties up the 10th spot in a way i suppose...

theotherbilly
02-21-2009, 06:34 AM
I was just thinking about the magnetic resonance thing.
815 broke up over the Island because Desmond failed to input the Numbers. If Desmond had put the Numbers in would those on Jacob's List, i.e. those special to the Island, have suddenly vanished from the plane?
Or would they all have continued on their merry way to L.A. never having known the joys of an Apollo Bar?

I bring this up because of 316.
I know some people assume that since there was an Ajira water bottle in that canoe the plane must have crashed.
I'm not so sure.
Could be that it simply kept flying, minus Jack, Kate, Hurley (and whoever just happened to be holding an Ajira bottle).

We know that humans generate magnetic fields of their own. Babies tune their own field to their mother's (helps in the bonding process or some such).

Maybe people who are born on the Island (and those that manage to make it there) have their magnetic fields adjusted so that now they belong to the Island.
This field change might also be passed from parents to offspring.

One other thing. Was Hurley holding that guitar case when they flashed?

saxon. the don.
02-21-2009, 06:41 AM
i definitely don't think hurley would be counted as 2 adults just because he bought two seats :p and remember he didn't just buy 2 seats, he bought all the rest of the seats.
i don't think abbadon would be able to work on both shows full time like that, although that would be cool if he made it to the island. it is always possible but not likely that Ms Hawking or even desmond came but way more likely that it is another new character we have yet to meat.

anyone else have a feeling that someone working for widmore probably made it onto the flight somehow?

Lost Lost Lost Lost
02-21-2009, 01:34 PM
I just thought of something, Frank is the pilot, he wouldn't need a ticket booking. Locke is cargo, I don't think he rides for free.

I just the booking thing again, now there a video shown after entering all the data. It's just the attendent calling passengers to board, maybe a clue?

The booking aicraft seating (two aisles) is not what we saw on the show (single isle).

theotherbilly
02-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Yes! The plane on the show was much smaller. There are 268 seats in total on the Ajira seating chart. The plane on the show looked like it was half that size.

Chioma
02-22-2009, 04:08 AM
plane size:
ha ha...yeah that's why i was eager to count up the 10 now that the episode aired...i can accept some amount of leeway when it comes to full blown ARGs if they are super involved, but with smaller promo things like this i expect the info to be solid...it's supplemental, there's no excuse for it to be wrong...

frank:
pilot, minus him from the list...

locke:
cargo, wouldn't count him...

hurley:
it's still fair to count him twice, however they flew in business class...i'm unsure of airline practices regarding obese passengers while in business/first...i don't think they have to double book since seats are larger but it may depend upon the airline ???...i realize i'm overthinking this, if they can't get a seating chart that's close in size to the fake plane, practices prob don't figure in :o...but then we are left with another open spot on our list...

abbadon:
nah i don't think he was there but i'm very excited about his character, well minus the abba part...

10:
including frank and locke we have the 10 that seem to matter...if the game is going to be imperfect then maybe the jig is up...

theotherbilly:
didn't hurley put the guitar in the seat next to him?...i don't recall if it was in the shot when he tells the other guy to buckle up...seriously they wouldn't let him keep it there but i'll let it slide for a tv show...either way it sounds right, he could have grabbed it at some point while the plane was shaking...same for the bottle and any passengers/property that arrive on island since it's an established flash "rule"...i will be fine if they show us another plane crash too...appears they left room for both to happen...

how bout jack and the letter?...i thought it was interesting only a portion of the letter arrived..."i wish" is a fairly important statement...intent is huge when dealing in energy...

i like your ideas about adjustments having to do with island contact or families...another thougth i had was about the frequencies coupled with triangulation...ultimately i hope they do put their own spin on real life science since that's what makes it entertaining...i mean i could be reading text books right now -which can be fun sometimes- but i'd rather watch attractive people run around an island...ahh the desmond system failure, you've got a point...i'd speculate but i'm gonna wait and see what happens with 316 first...

Chioma
02-22-2009, 05:02 AM
the last part was directed but i hope eveyone chimes in...

i keep thinking more about the letter...ok speculation floodgate open!

the newbies are a mystery but we know the rest were bracing for impact...we have to question wishing/desire/expectation while factoring in the tech side of things...first off the sequence started as jack finished comtemplating the letter, synchronicity...the island flashed while the plane was physically there/in the window...that alone could be enough to bring it down...it does sorta match the des non button pushing moment since both could be described as electromagnetic anomalies...while ignoring specifics/real science (can that down a plane?) i say the frequency of the important passengers is definately key...now, what did they wish for while bracing for impact?...would be interesting if jack, kate and hurley were thinking the same thing and wound up together because of that...previews show 2 other passengers together and i can totally reason out that they may have been on the same wavelength so-to-speak, thus they wind up together...

to keep an audience i supposed they will have to give a more simple reason for them to be back, that's why another crash seems likely...but i hope they give it a spin and use the resonance material as the true reason...i don't expect it in the next episode but at some point they have to share why some people go there and live while some die...jacob's list seems to be an organizational thing only...the childbearing fatalities are something else (side effect of something)...there must be larger reason for life and death there...

note: i use the term death loosly cause being a zombie is where it's at :cool:

theotherbilly
02-23-2009, 05:46 AM
An EMP can bring down a plane, no problems with that...but, it shouldn't break one up like it did with 815.
Unless it was so strong of a magnetic field it literally tore the plane apart.
Yet if that is the case I would imagine a human brain being exposed to such a field would cause catastophic side effects.

I guess at some point we have to concede that not everything on TV makes perfect sense :p

Anyway, Jack holding that letter fragment might be an indication that 316 broke up just like 815.
If they were being tossed about like before the letter could have gotten snagged on any number of things and ripped.

Did anyone else think that Jin showing up at just the right time was odd?
(Maybe Daniel had that in his note book?)

Chioma
02-24-2009, 08:26 PM
what, that losties would be back and have need for a taxi?

plausable

saxon. the don.
02-25-2009, 01:44 AM
I still don't see why they would count Hurley as two different people even if he did purchase two seats, which he didn't, he bought ALL of them. does that mean he counts as 70 something people? :rolleyes:

and I agree that Frank and Locke probably will not count.

so that makes it:
1. jack
2. kate
3. hurley
4. sun
5. sayid
6. ben
7. ceasar
8. ilana
9. ?
10. ?

two other unknown characters. probably either new characters or redshirts. definitely not abaddon since he is on Fringe... I am excited to find out who they are though

theotherbilly
02-25-2009, 02:34 AM
I can't remember...did Hurley have to purchase two seats on 815 or did he have to purchase two seats when he was flying to Australia?
If he had to purchase them on the 815 flight then I'd say he probably purchased two for the 316 flight in order to recreate the circumstances that got them to the Island in the first place.
Though if that is the case I don't know why TPTB didn't include that in the ticket counter scene :confused:

saxon. the don.
02-25-2009, 02:39 AM
I can't remember...did Hurley have to purchase two seats on 815 or did he have to purchase two seats when he was flying to Australia?
If he had to purchase them on the 815 flight then I'd say he probably purchased two for the 316 flight in order to recreate the circumstances that got them to the Island in the first place.
Though if that is the case I don't know why TPTB didn't include that in the ticket counter scene :confused:
that was on 815 that he had to buy two tickets because I remember the lady selling him the tickets had a thick Australian accent.

you are missing the point though, even if he did purchase two seats, why would that make him TWO PEOPLE?? not only that, we KNOW how many seats he bought and it was way more than two, so if they are going based on how many seats you bought (which makes no sense) then hurley would count as 70-something (?) people!

theotherbilly
02-25-2009, 03:34 AM
that was on 815 that he had to buy two tickets because I remember the lady selling him the tickets had a thick Australian accent.

you are missing the point though, even if he did purchase two seats, why would that make him TWO PEOPLE?? not only that, we KNOW how many seats he bought and it was way more than two, so if they are going based on how many seats you bought (which makes no sense) then hurley would count as 70-something (?) people!

I understand your point and I agree with you, there are 2 people unaccounted for. I'm sure that all will be revealed tomorrow? At least I hope so :rolleyes:

However, one thing we might want to keep in mind is that the Ajira site is an ABC site. It's not officially an ARG and so far only looks like a glorified promotion to watch LOST.
I really wouldn't be surprised if the 10 number is something concocted by whoever made the site and will later turn out to have absolutely no corrolation to the show.

saxon. the don.
02-25-2009, 04:46 AM
I understand your point and I agree with you, there are 2 people unaccounted for. I'm sure that all will be revealed tomorrow? At least I hope so :rolleyes:

However, one thing we might want to keep in mind is that the Ajira site is an ABC site. It's not officially an ARG and so far only looks like a glorified promotion to watch LOST.
I really wouldn't be surprised if the 10 number is something concocted by whoever made the site and will later turn out to have absolutely no corrolation to the show.

that's a good point, for all we know it could be a number that those ABC people pulled out of their a** from adding oceanic 6 with frank and 2 new people :rolleyes: I hope that is not the case though. hopefully there are at least a few new people

Chioma
02-27-2009, 03:02 PM
i've reached the conclusion the 10 are accounted for -sadly ABC chose to be untechnical and are including frank and locke...

chalk it up as a poorly executed promo from the start...we were expected to enter "10 adults" prior to the seating chart where we were shown pics of the unintroduced characters of ceasar and ilana and would know to count them...did they actually expect us add in the babies or walt then by accident come up with a random number of ten to advance???

this is illogical and lame...

since frank is a kick ass pilot who brought the bird down in one piece it's possible future shows will prove otherwise, maybe we'll get a couple more new and important characters from the ajira flight...however i feel it will be a stretch to pin future characters to the list...square peg, round hole...i'll give a pass to ceasar and ilana since they showed up in the promo itself, but seriously don'tcha think the 10 should have been obvious after the 316 episode aired?...

*waits patiently for a sound LOST activity*

Lost Lost Lost Lost
03-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Things change, maybe Aaron and Desmond were to be included in the 10. Maybe TPTB wanted to give that impression.

jksl
03-02-2009, 07:38 AM
Things change, maybe Aaron and Desmond were to be included in the 10. Maybe TPTB wanted to give that impression.

It can't be Aaron because the pass was for 10 adults.

andbagsmbrt
02-24-2014, 08:22 AM
this is Buy HGH per day. it?s not stored in the body. . Could HGH supplements extend the human lifespan or even reverse the aging process?What is one of the first things you think of when you think of old age As people age, These supplements work with your body and actually enhance the proper functioning of the pituitary, To summarize.
Part of the allure of intermittent fasting HGH Injections is that it switches the body into a mode complimentary to burning fat if an HGH supplements individual eats before 8 hours is up, and sometimes continues till the age of 24-25 for some individuals. Increase your height by 3 to 6 inches. High levels of human growth hormone can also increase the size of Human Growth Hormone the mammary glands in men. edema, there will be no hgh for sale more glucose left in the body to get stored as body fat.