PDA

View Full Version : Richard

Matthew Abaddon
03-10-2009, 08:09 PM
From a guy who knows some of the LOST production crew (has been wrong once in the last 3 years)

SPOILER:
Another board member writes:
"When Horace, Sawyer and the lady were discussing Alpert wanting her husband's body... I just thought automatically that somehow Alpert represented the dead and he was their leader. I think the guys body represented him crossing over to their "dark side" with Alpert and the "hostiles" rather than just trading "one dead body for the two people that you shot" - deal.

Alpert did say that the sonic wave system did not keep them out and they could visit wherever they wanted. I think that Alpert and them all are dead. I was leaning more towards the idea of Alpert being from the future, hence he hasn't aged in the 30 year span they've showed him in, but I don't think that's the case because dude never has an idea of who people from the future are... Locke, Sawyer.. "

The insider responds:
"Dude with the theory about Alpert being dead or "crossed-over" is pretty accurate or that's what it is so far from what I've been told. I REALLY hope they don't change any plans with Alpert, because his story is cool/amazing/stranger/interesting. Also, there will be an Alpert centric episode coming up. Just to let you guys know, Marvin Candle/Halliwax/Chang will be back for the next episode and he will have a scene with Jack."

And

"Alpert is stuck in time, dude isn't necessarily dead per se, but he is not in the same state as everyone else"

And

"Alpert is def an indigenous being of the island". Egyptian????

Any thoughts based on these tidbits???

Vincent Fan
03-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Intersting
An Alpert episode would be pretty awesome.

Eklypze
03-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Dude i seriously hope this is true!! I could really see them explaining Alperts agelessness as him being "Stuck" in time.

carbonem
03-11-2009, 09:46 AM
is it then possible that sawyer, kate, jack, hurley,jin and maybe juliet and miles are going to be "stuck in time" too in the sense Richard is (we know they are now stuck in 1970) so they will no longer age?

Maybe the same thing that happened to the losties above may have happened to Richard in his egyptian era (Richard has the funny makeup)?

Matthew Abaddon
03-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Maybe it's Maybelline

is it then possible that sawyer, kate, jack, hurley,jin and maybe juliet and miles are going to be "stuck in time" too in the sense Richard is (we know they are now stuck in 1970) so they will no longer age?

Maybe the same thing that happened to the losties above may have happened to Richard in his egyptian era (Richard has the funny makeup)?

I don't think the others will join Richard in whatever "state" he is in. My source said he was in a state that was different than everybody else.

Also, I hate to tell you this, but Richard doesn't wear eyeliner! (he just has pretty dark features). From the Michael Emmerson interview posted on LOSTPEDIA homepage today:

Liz (Washington Post): Is Nestor Carbonell -- who plays Richard Alpert -- wearing eyeliner?
Michael (Ben): No. But he has a kind of genetic beauty that is a rare thing in men or women. No, that's what he looks like when he wakes up in the morning. It's hard not to study his face and admire it.
Liz: Well you've probably just put to rest several theories about Alpert being a transplant from ancient Egypt.
Michael: Ah. Well, hold that thought about Egypt. That's all I'll say.

Henry Gale 108
03-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Maybe it's Maybelline

I don't think the others will join Richard in whatever "state" he is in. My source said he was in a state that was different than everybody else.

Also, I hate to tell you this, but Richard doesn't wear eyeliner! (he just has pretty dark features). From the Michael Emmerson interview posted on LOSTPEDIA homepage today:

Liz (Washington Post): Is Nestor Carbonell -- who plays Richard Alpert -- wearing eyeliner?
Michael (Ben): No. But he has a kind of genetic beauty that is a rare thing in men or women. No, that's what he looks like when he wakes up in the morning. It's hard not to study his face and admire it.
Liz: Well you've probably just put to rest several theories about Alpert being a transplant from ancient Egypt.
Michael: Ah. Well, hold that thought about Egypt. That's all I'll say.

Yeah, Richard (Nestor Carbonell) looked the same way when he was on an episode of Scrubs and also in "the lost city". He doesn't wear eyeliner but it sounds like Michael Emerson has a guy crush on him.

SolutionFinder
03-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Is it just me, or can anyone remember the advert for season 5, with Richard and Locke running through the jungle? We haven't seen that scene yet, do you reckon that will have more answers about Richard?

Henry Gale 108
03-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Is it just me, or can anyone remember the advert for season 5, with Richard and Locke running through the jungle? We haven't seen that scene yet, do you reckon that will have more answers about Richard?

If you are in england you might have a different promo than we do in the US. I don't recall the scene from a preview or an episode.

SolutionFinder
03-15-2009, 08:43 PM
If you are in england you might have a different promo than we do in the US. I don't recall the scene from a preview or an episode.

I swear that it was at night, and they were running through the jungle and were asking 'When are we?'
I will try and look for it.

Baljangy
03-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Yeah, Richard (Nestor Carbonell) looked the same way when he was on an episode of Scrubs and also in "the lost city". He doesn't wear eyeliner but it sounds like Michael Emerson has a guy crush on him.

How can you not?

Ive started wearing eyeliner to look more like him.

Henry Gale 108
03-16-2009, 12:58 AM
How can you not?

Ive started wearing eyeliner to look more like him.

Too funny.... but maybe I'll try some too:p

Sawyers_Stash
03-16-2009, 09:15 AM
I swear that it was at night, and they were running through the jungle and were asking 'When are we?'
I will try and look for it.

I don't recall the running..but Locke did ask him "When am I?' when he busted his leg near the drug plane.