PDA

View Full Version : The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne

gilgamesh
04-04-2009, 01:37 AM
any other LOST fans read this one?

There is an organutan named Jupiter who is nicknamed Joop.

Blost14
04-05-2009, 05:35 AM
I'm actually reading this as we speak. I'm going rather slowly because I'm consumed with work/school, but I just began reading part 3 of the book and I am enjoying it. Sometimes the storyline moves a little slowly because of the amount of detail put into some of the storytelling, however it was still able to keep my interest.

Blost14
04-20-2009, 04:10 AM
Sorry for the double post...

But I finally finished this book tonight, and I thought the ending was mediocre. Overall it was a great book I thought, I just saw the ending as typical. And so that I don't spoil for anyone who hasn't read it yet...

I was mad that they killed off Jup at the end of the book. After all the characters survived the whole book, and after everything they went through, I thought it was stupid to kill Jup off right at the end. That just didn't sit well with me.

Other than that, I really did enjoy the book.

TallerGhostTreefrog
03-26-2010, 04:20 AM
I'm trying to read this one right now, and not getting through it too well. I think I would have an easier time of it if I thought there were going to be more significant parallels to Lost, but aside from them being stranded on an unidentified island where a few odd things have happened (I'm almost at the halfway point), I'm wondering if there will be enough interesting parallels to keep my interest to the end. I want to finish it eventually, just for the sake of reading it (I am enjoying the story in and of itself), but there are so many other Lost book club picks that I would like to get to before the end of the season. I wonder if I should move on for the time being?