PDA

View Full Version : Latest from E online

Zyph
04-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Believe it or not, Jack's plan to uncrash Oceanic 815 may not be foolproof! "If you're wrong, everyone dies," says Kate. Not so much, it's just that one cascade of mistakes that leads to that one person tragically dying. Of course, someday we'll say that person's death was necessary and right, and that it closed certain important chapters in the story, and gave certain other season-six stories the launching pad they needed to really take off, but for now...it's going to suck. As we've said in the past, brace yourself for pain on the scale of Charlie's death.
Posted By: The ODI

DARKUFO

umm....i'm going to guess that it's sawyer again.

John Locke is Kobe Bryant
04-30-2009, 01:46 PM
But it says everywhere that Kate makes her decision in season 6... If only Jack is alive than it won't be much of a choice. It could be Sawyer, he's as good a guess as anyone, I sure hope it's not though

indy42
04-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Pain and magnitude as Charlie's? We already had that. When Mr. Faraday departed.

Baljangy
04-30-2009, 02:57 PM
its Sawyer FTL

Deatzo Seol
04-30-2009, 04:36 PM
My guess it's Hurley ... that would suck beyond belief.

BobW
04-30-2009, 04:41 PM
I wonder why Jack even wants to "erase" the crash of Oceanic 815. It won't make any difference for him. He's in his own present and this will change something 25 years in his future. It's not going to affect him even if it works. Maybe he's just trying to be a nice guy.

Zyph
04-30-2009, 05:07 PM
no way not jack or hurley....hmmm

dlpb
04-30-2009, 06:50 PM
I wonder why Jack even wants to "erase" the crash of Oceanic 815. It won't make any difference for him. He's in his own present and this will change something 25 years in his future. It's not going to affect him even if it works. Maybe he's just trying to be a nice guy.

I would've thought a 'man of science' such as Jack would have an inkling that the act of stopping 815 crashing would preclude his ability to do so = paradox.

The Continental Op
04-30-2009, 06:56 PM
I would've thought a 'man of science' such as Jack would have an inkling that the act of stopping 815 crashing would preclude his ability to do so = paradox.

seriously. maybe he's been hitting the hash pipe. it is the 70s after all.

pags
04-30-2009, 06:57 PM

or it would change his past up until the paradox

i.e. his life would resume back on the plane.

dlpb
05-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Even if you say that under the assumption of the many worlds interpretation, it wouldn't be "his" life that would resume on the plane. He would either remain in the 70s or cease to exist, and a new 'him' who never crashed would be created in the 00s.

I don't like the MWI in real life or in fiction. A universe for every possible outcome? So there are infinite universes for each possible movement I could make while typing this? Even reality in its broadest sense must have some limits, whereas that suggests the existence of an infinite number of 'junk universes'. Then you have the conundrum of quantum immortality… (Perhaps Richard has just been lucky in traversing those rare universes where his cells for some reason don't age? I jest)

Nah, though I contradict the very nature of the universe by saying it: I don't like the idea, and it doesn't seem intuitive to me.

Even WHH is being stretched now in my opinion; they're making things happen, but what made it happen before they went back and made it happen, when their going back depended on it having already happened? Haha… For example, there must have been a 'first cause' for Ben being so manipulative before he provoked Sayid to go back and shoot him. I suppose you could quite neatly shrug it away using the idea of course correction, but the sooner they stop the almost circular storylines the better in my opinion.

quadrophenic
05-01-2009, 01:59 AM
I'm standing by the idea that Sun's going to die, right before she reunites with Jin...maybe even while they're running toward one another in slow motion.

(Just a feeling I have, based on nothing.)

Watcher
05-01-2009, 03:16 AM
Hmmm this sounds off i doubt the new Jack would accept this unless Jack was the one dying .

Daniel1302
05-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Even if you say that under the assumption of the many worlds interpretation, it wouldn't be "his" life that would resume on the plane. He would either remain in the 70s or cease to exist, and a new 'him' who never crashed would be created in the 00s.

I don't like the MWI in real life or in fiction. A universe for every possible outcome? So there are infinite universes for each possible movement I could make while typing this? Even reality in its broadest sense must have some limits, whereas that suggests the existence of an infinite number of 'junk universes'. Then you have the conundrum of quantum immortality… (Perhaps Richard has just been lucky in traversing those rare universes where his cells for some reason don't age? I jest)

Nah, though I contradict the very nature of the universe by saying it: I don't like the idea, and it doesn't seem intuitive to me.

Even WHH is being stretched now in my opinion; they're making things happen, but what made it happen before they went back and made it happen, when their going back depended on it having already happened? Haha… For example, there must have been a 'first cause' for Ben being so manipulative before he provoked Sayid to go back and shoot him. I suppose you could quite neatly shrug it away using the idea of course correction, but the sooner they stop the almost circular storylines the better in my opinion.

Two things: 1) Why would reality have limits? What would be outside of those limits?

2) There was no "first time." I think, to understand any of this, people need to let go of the concept of a linear timeline, or of a "time line" altogether. There was no 1977 in which Jack, Kate, Sayid, Sawyer, Juliet, et al. were not on the Island. Eloise Hawking was on the verge of tears when she told the child Daniel that he had to devote himself to science because she knew that his path led to his inevitable death at her hands in 1977. It always did. Her past, his future, their present, all = one dimension of reality. We experience time linearly, and causally, but that doesn't mean that that's a true representation of time. We perceive lots of things otherwise than their true natures (like the fact that, to us, the Earth doesn't move, and other things move around it, or that we only perceive a small portion of the light spectrum). While it seems illogical given our experience of time, it's no less true.

Zyph
05-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Who ever said that FAradays death was as big and impactful as Charlies, I have to disagree with you! Charlies death was probably the biggest and most sad thing I've seen on this show!

boloboffin
05-01-2009, 03:54 PM
"Pain on the level of Charlie" sounds like Season One character. That rules out Juliet.

Sun and Locke are in the future. That means Jin is safe.

Sawyer, Jack, and Kate are the main triangle of the show. It won't be them.

If it's Hurley, that means Lost fans rise up in an angry mob and destroy every theater running Star Trek.

That leaves Sayid.

ETA: My guess? Sayid is dismantling Jughead. He manages to separate the trigger charge from the main payload, stopping the nuclear explosion. But then the trigger explodes, killing him.

3RingCircus
05-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Why do you think Jin is safe?

boloboffin
05-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Why do you think Jin is safe?

Because killing off Jin without some opportunity for resolution with Sun is not Lost's style.

lostfan108
05-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Mike and Walt? I don't see any resolution coming there...

3RingCircus
05-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Maybe Sun is more important than Jin to the overall story of Lost. Maybe never finding Jin causes her to go crazy (like the gun-toting, manipulating O6, off-island Sun) and that is what is needed for the Lost story. Not Lost's style? Since when has this been a "happy ending" type of show?

I don't rule anyone out for end-of-season exit except for Jack and Locke. The "leaders" are still needed.

Henry Gale 108
05-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Maybe Jack needs to die to become Jacob.

quadrophenic
05-01-2009, 07:41 PM
I think Jin's safe just because they've already faked us out on him dying TWICE. It's the whole "boy who cried wolf" thing...

Elge
05-01-2009, 07:46 PM
I think Jin's safe just because they've already faked us out on him dying TWICE. It's the whole "boy who cried wolf" thing...

Charlie, Locke, etc.

Zyph
05-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Actually if it was Desmond it would have just as big of an impact as Charlie.

Sawyers_Stash
05-03-2009, 12:37 AM

I agree.. I loved Jin in past seasons..I probably love him still..just haven't seen to much of him. I need more so I can care more..

I wouldn't be to upset if they killed him just because I can barely remember him...I need more lostie interaction.

m8o
05-03-2009, 03:39 AM
My guess it's Hurley ... that would suck beyond belief. I hated his character @ the onset of this season but am really liking him now. He's embraced his fate being thrown into the past and making the most of it seemingly most quickly.

I can't see Sawyer's death as a 'launchpad' for other stories next season...Hurley? more I guess, but I don't see just yet how any of the major character's death would/could be [now Ben on the other hane?! or dare I say Richard? I dunno, death of either won't rise to the level of Charlie's].

...but if it is Hurley, who's going to teach the Hurley bird his name? ["Polar Bear poop, got it"] Hey, actually, it makes more sense if it is Hurley who dies that one of the Losties teaches Hurley bird his name in loving memory of Hurley.

Lindsaynickel
05-03-2009, 04:08 AM

Yes, this isn't Heroes. :rolleyes:

Henry Gale 108
05-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Yes, this isn't Heroes. :rolleyes:

hahahaahhahhahaha he can dance with Parkman as they float around in the sky over Paris....

Lindsaynickel
05-03-2009, 02:13 PM
hahahaahhahhahaha he can dance with Parkman as they float around in the sky over Paris....

Yes, and Nathan as he ends each season being mostly dead, lol.

mungo57
05-04-2009, 01:54 PM
I have felt for a long while that the death will be ben, but now I think Hurley/Sawyer will die.

If any of these three die I will be sad, especially if its Hurley or Sawyer

m8o
05-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Actually if it was Desmond it would have just as big of an impact as Charlie. I'm beginning to think "+1" to this. Perhaps the most likely?

We've seen Mrs. Hawking to be one for "letting on" to this whole "I know because of time travel" idea as to what she's said to Dez about the ring and his life on the Island, or stopping when that's appropriate as she was a bout to spill the beans to Danny about all the women in his life. ...Meaning, she isn't one to make "idle reference" to such matters.

In that regard, she did make quite the prediction to Dez that the Island isn't done with him. Charles may be a witness to where Dez fails to take a critical action, and his "you'll never be a great man" may come from this; or he says this specifically to give Dez drive to do the one greatest thing in his life, costing him that life. Further, his death may be instrumental in causing Penny to act and do major things that affect next season (how does she know? Is she there?). I believe she's the mostly likely person to be able to do "major things". I just don't see who else's death can lead to major events next season; not that I'm trying that hard... I'd rather leave it to tptb to give me a great story and not write it myself. ;)

So, that's my speculation presently. And it's probably where I'm going to leave it.

demens
05-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Does she really says IF you're wrong. I dont here the IF, and either way from that to.....everyone dies, is a long way to go, can have plenty of edited out info.

jamey
05-04-2009, 11:46 PM
now when have they ever edited out info in the promos to fool us? :rolleyes:

PseuMdoYnym
05-05-2009, 02:22 AM
I bet its Juliet. Otherwise how does Kate have a choice to make? Sawyer would be off the market.

Sawyers_Stash
05-05-2009, 04:32 AM
I bet its Juliet. Otherwise how does Kate have a choice to make? Sawyer would be off the market.

This is what Im thinking as well. That whoever it is opens the way to the Sawyer Kate hook up.

Jack has never really been in the way of that sooo