PDA

View Full Version : Theory base on an ABC spoiler

Betsy3491
05-17-2009, 06:28 PM
The bomb didn't go off. The island would have been destroyed by a hydorgen bomb (1000 times larger than an atom bomb) and the island wouldn't have allowed it. The white out has always been used to indicate time travel--they're all going back to 2007.

WHO IS THE STATUE?

Somewhere on the ABCs website--at least for a time--there was a mention that the statue is Taweret, an Egyptian goddess. This goddess always carried two ankhs, has four toes, and an elongated snout. (Lots of others are saying she/he is Sobek, but I'm going with ABC.) She was the guardian of the underworld, a goddess of fertility and the protector of mothers and children. She also guides the dead to the underworld.

Here's my theory--Taweret's statue was destroyed at some point, and now she's gone or not able to fulfill her function. The consequences are that children conceived on the island die before they're born.

WHAT IS THE ISLAND?

The island is the entrance to the Egyptian afterlife (or maybe the underworld). It's also the current abode of the Egyptian dieties.

People who die on the island or whose bodies are brought to the island become ghosts or, more likely, spirits of some sort who can be taken over by the island dieties. They can't get to the underworld? afterlife? because Taweret's statue has been destroyed and she's either gone or rendered impotent.

Anyway these people don't age and can appear to the living, both on the island and off--think Christian, Alex, Charlie?, Claire?, Locke, Horace, Locke's father, Ben's mother, and others. Maybe Juliet will become one of them.

WHO IS JACOB?

Not sure. I think he's probably one of the deities--but which one? I think he's likely to be either Shai or Set. Shai is the god of fate and destiny. Jacob (Shai) may be trying to get at least one character to overcome his/her fate. He's related to birth in the world or rebirth in the underworld. He may protect an individual, or he could bring misfortune down on someone. He seems to be an ambivalent deity, and the Egyptians believed that he followed a person from the moment of birth through to the judgement in the afterlife.

Jacob could also be the god Set, who in Egyptian mythology is the lover of Taweret and also the god of chaos and confusion. (Everyone who comes to the island seems to end up in a violent conflict). He and Horus are in eternal conflict (Jacob's nemesis?). In fact, maybe Jacob is Horus and the other one is Set. Who knows? The point is that these two gods stand in opposition to each other.

It's hard to get the identities of these gods straight, but I'll bet Season 6 will be based on an Egyptian theme--with the statue being that of Taweret.

jamey
05-17-2009, 08:10 PM
i think you're on the right track, but i'm wondering if there'll be such a one to one correspondence. but the egyptian theme, it appears, will be strongly present. that and star wars.

indy42
05-18-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm more inclined to think it's a non-religious "battle-of-life-and-death" island as opposed to simply an Egyptian one, but most of this theory seems at least partially correct.

swiss473
05-18-2009, 02:25 AM
why would the entrace to the egyptian afterlife be on some island near indonesia?

If the statue is Tawaret and look slike the Egyptian god, how come Jacob and the other guy looked like regular people, and nothing like any depiction of HOrus or Set or Ra or any other egyptian god?

jamey
05-18-2009, 05:57 AM
because getting to the egyptian afterlife is a long arduos journey lol.

Betsy3491
05-18-2009, 07:05 AM
The island moves around, both in space and time.

Don't forget Jacob and his friend are deities. They take on the appearance of people who have died. Or something like that. I haven't worked out the details.

Jacob is not necessarily benevolent. He's does things that could be considered harmful or even evil. Such as:

1. Jacob let Nadia be killed without showing any compassion whatsoever.

2. Jacob was dressed in white at the beginning (vs. his opponent dressed in black)--and he was cooking a red herring. The white/black thing is a little too obvious for the writers of LOST. I don't think he's a good character, or totally good anyway.

3. What he did to little Kate. He paid for her lunchbox, therefore letting her think she could get away with taking things with no consequences. That's not how you stop someone from stealing.

4. What he did to little Sawyer, giving him a pen to write a vengeful letter.

4. Illana's crew keeps telling everyone they're the "good" guys and they're allied with Jacob. But someone else (Miles?) notes that if someone keeps saying they're the good guys, they usually aren't.

5. Jacob's uncaring attitude toward Ben, who's served him so loyally. In a previous episode (can't remember when) Ben mentioned that if he crossed Jacob "he'd kill me."

John and Ben are just pawns in this game, whatever it is.

ben_linus
05-18-2009, 11:08 AM
I dont think Jacob showed any malice towards Ben whatsoever. He looked genuinely sympathetic to him when he said "what about you?" It seemed more like he was asking Ben to ask a few questions about himself rather than seeking recognition and attention from others, and it also seemed like he was telling Ben to make his choice.

haquim
05-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Jackob's "What about you" was his answer's to Ben's. And it meant he had to choose for himself and from that decision determine what kind of person he was. Ben's actions give him the answer to his questions to Jackob.

moosetastic
05-18-2009, 05:01 PM
I like this. It seems like it would explain a lot.

mungo57
05-18-2009, 05:57 PM
I like this too.

And it was Frank I think who made the comment about those claiming to be the good guys never usually BEING the good guys

m8o
05-19-2009, 02:37 PM
The bomb didn't go off. The island would have been destroyed by a hydorgen bomb (1000 times larger than an atom bomb) and the island wouldn't have allowed it. The white out has always been used to indicate time travel--they're all going back to 2007.
ok, but in no way a 'major' spoiler. More of the main discussion section. I know this is your 2nd post so just an FYI. Spoilers are known insider info, or info in some way witnessed by someone, or theories based on info from insider info, etc. There's postings everywhere detailing the spoiler policy and what makes a spoiler.

Also if you missed it, they never were going to set off the H-bomb... that's 12 feet long and 40,000 lbs. Jack's not that strong. :rolleyes: A fusion H-bomb is set off by setting off a fission bomb, the core that Jack was carrying.

Expect the exotic electromagnetic anomoly to control/absorb that detonation and the area imploded, as we saw happen in 2004 when Dez turned the failsafe key. I suspect 1977 in Season 6 to show an imploded crater where the Swan imploded in 2004 that we saw.

And with that, WHH still remains upheld -- The area where the SWAN lies is an imploded crater. Just the 'when' changes. In the larger picture of things of how the universe self-corrects, that [the 'when' of when it happens] may not matter to the 'ends once' conclusion Jacob had mentioned.

BCampbell
05-19-2009, 06:11 PM
I've long suspected the Temple, once we get to see it, is actually a pyramid.

But I've also been thinking that the island will be revealed as Atlantis. Perhaps the island once occupied some space in the Meditaranean and then vanished to the pacific when someone turned the frozen donkey wheel.

It would certainly appear that it flooded, or as Plato wrote of Atlantis,
sank into the ocean "in a single day and night of misfortune".

It would fit in with both the latin and the egyptian influences.

This passage from wikipedia on Atlantis caught my eye. Sound like the Dharma logo could be a map of Atlantis?

"Poseidon carved the mountain where his love dwelt into a palace and enclosed it with three circular moats of increasing width, varying from one to three stadia and separated by rings of land proportional in size. The Atlanteans then built bridges northward from the mountain, making a route to the rest of the island. They dug a great canal to the sea, and alongside the bridges carved tunnels into the rings of rock so that ships could pass into the city around the mountain; they carved docks from the rock walls of the moats. Every passage to the city was guarded by gates and towers, and a wall surrounded each of the city's rings. "

masana82
05-21-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm more inclined to think it's a non-religious "battle-of-life-and-death" island as opposed to simply an Egyptian one, but most of this theory seems at least partially correct.

Indy42, Faraday was born in 78, not in 68.
Your signature has the wrong date.
I just wanted to let you know.
Cheers.