PDA

View Full Version : Hurley was supposed to see himself

Deyve
07-06-2009, 12:37 AM
Q&A With Darlton and Bender (http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2009/07/curzon-q-with-darlton-and-jack-bender.html)

According to this, Hurley was supposed to see himself in Jacob's Cabin and the network pushed for Christian Shepherd?

What does this mean!?!?!?!?

Also, possibly a clue that Esau is the Smoke:

Q: Keep the Smoke!
DL: You’ll be seeing the smoke in a probably interesting character in itself

---

Also, on a funnier note. Darlton thought Libby and Ana Lucia's characters were flops:

So we’re certainly proud of the way that one worked out, and as for the ones we’re not proud of, we bury alive...or have Michael shoot them.

:D :D :D :D

mungo57
07-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Smokey is Jack's beard! I knew it all along lol

Elge
07-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Darlton have also said on other occasions that Michelle Rodriguez only wanted to be on the show for one season, so whether her character was accepted or not by the fans didn't matter.

Deyve
07-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Yeah, but she didn't make it an entire season, hahaha.

Space Lizard
07-07-2009, 02:12 PM
It was written into her contract that her character would die before the end; and yeah, she did get killed off with only three episodes remaining (though she's in "?" as a dream).

But Hurley seeing Hurley? That's just...:eek: Possibly just too odd for Lost.

fast1
07-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Smokey is Jack's beard! I knew it all along lol

lol.http://photosnag.com/img/3322/n09x0302vnsn/clear.gif

lostfandawn
07-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Even though we didn't see Hurley in the cabin it was an idea from the writers which gives us a little insight. There were whispers when Hurley saw the cabin. Could this mean that Hurley was seeing something from the future or more likely the past. And maybe that says something about the whispers being from the past or future also. OR. Hurley sees dead people. Maybe he died at some point before he saw the cabin - in another timeline. Could that mean he died before he got back to 2008? Just thinking out loud.

Zyph
07-08-2009, 05:59 AM
after re-watching this place is death, i'm pretty positive that the numbers were broadcasted by Hurley... maybe that would have related?

sorry to bring up old stuff:)

BurningDeathHole
07-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Jorge Garcia mentions this fact in the episode commentary for "The Beginning of the End". Well actually he sez he was supposed to see himself, the network sed no way(no elaboration as to why) and they changed it to some one else. Garcia sez he didnt know it was Christian till he saw the episode with the rest of the world.

I'm also convinced that it's Hurley's voice broadcasting the numbers in TPID..haven't the foggiest as to what thats about tho'.....

lostfandawn
07-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Maybe Hurley seeing himself and transmitting the numbers is a hint that Hurley and maybe other 77 losties stay in that time and wait it out.

loranna238
07-16-2009, 01:27 AM
I think that means...

That Hurly died in 1977/78 to pre-plane crash, and whomever Jacob's adversary is was taking on his form there.

Of course, its funny but they said they changed the ending of the episode "Dave" too because it would give too much away - so its kind of funny how he's turning out to be of big importance, at least in terms of not giving anything away.

I also think that Jacob's adversary (who is not necessarily the smoke monster, btw) was animating John Locke's legs, and that's why when John fell down into the cave he could no longer walk when he met Christian Shepherd.

jamey
07-16-2009, 05:59 AM
he's not necessarily the smoke monster, but i'm wondering if he's not nec. EVERY manifestation (of christian, yemi, etc.) we've seen so far. don't have any evidence to back this:i'll be looking. anyone know of any scenes that would suggest these manifestations are sometimes mr.x and sometimes jacob? just a thought i had recently; now i have to do the painful research of re-watching. damn my life sucks:D

Daniel1302
07-16-2009, 01:50 PM
I also think that Jacob's adversary (who is not necessarily the smoke monster, btw) was animating John Locke's legs, and that's why when John fell down into the cave he could no longer walk when he met Christian Shepherd.

I'm pretty sure that John couldn't walk when he fell down into the cave because he had a compound fracture of his tibia or fibula.

loranna238
07-18-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that John couldn't walk when he fell down into the cave because he had a compound fracture of his tibia or fibula.

Yes, but remember - John Locke hurt his legs twice before this - and they also stopped working just for no reason before that.

Crash doors fell on his legs during the lockdown in the Hatch. He was able to walk after that.

There was another instance in the jungle when he was looking for Jacob's cabin where he had a bone sticking out of his leg for God's sake. Yet he could still walk.

Mysteriously, he wasn't able to walk and Boone had to climb up in the plane to try to get the radio. This was not provoked. His legs just stopped working, suggesting that whatever animated his legs had abandoned him at that point, probably because it would be too dangerous.

So don't tell me that a compound fibula fracture would have caused him not to be able to walk - to me, what caused him not to be able to walk is that whatever was animating him couldn't be in two places at the same time.

So Neh.

Daniel1302
07-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Crash doors fell on his legs during the lockdown in the Hatch. He was able to walk after that.

When the blast doors crushed his legs, he was on crutches for quite a while afterwards.

There was another instance in the jungle when he was looking for Jacob's cabin where he had a bone sticking out of his leg for God's sake. Yet he could still walk.

What? When?

Mysteriously, he wasn't able to walk and Boone had to climb up in the plane to try to get the radio. This was not provoked. His legs just stopped working, suggesting that whatever animated his legs had abandoned him at that point, probably because it would be too dangerous.

This is true, and while it can be interpreted in different ways, the point is that at that moment, there was no obvious, physical reason for his inability to walk.

So don't tell me that a compound fibula fracture would have caused him not to be able to walk - to me, what caused him not to be able to walk is that whatever was animating him couldn't be in two places at the same time.

So Neh.

Sorry, but that's exactly what I'm telling you. Of course it's significant that John, once paralyzed, loses the use of his legs again. But when he has a bone sticking out through the skin, there's really no need to look for a "magical" explanation for his inability to walk. If it were solely the fact that something was "animating" him and no longer could, why not just have him lose feeling again, like in season one? Why go to the trouble of breaking his leg?