PDA

View Full Version : Is this an ARG or a bluray bonus feature?

TimeforTravel
08-04-2009, 05:59 PM
http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2009/08/lost-blu-ray-release-of-complete-5th.html

?

I don't understand it anymore.

I can't buy a blu-ray disc for many reasons:

1. I have no HDTV
2: I have no blu-ray player
3. I like borrowing my Lost DVD's and noone I know got a blu-ray player.

TimeforTravel
08-05-2009, 06:14 AM
Someone? I'm talking about Lost university. Maybe a mod could move it if the topic is in the wrong spot?

reverendmilo
08-05-2009, 03:26 PM
It appears to be ARG-ish. Much of the content is going to be delivered through BD-Live meaning you need a network enabled blue ray player (PS3 is the easiest option) AND to purchase the Blueray season 5 set when it is released.

How much it is made available to non-blueray homes is up for debate.

hope that helps

R7i1c3K
08-05-2009, 05:33 PM
1. I have no HDTV
2: I have no blu-ray player
3. I like borrowing my Lost DVD's and noone I know got a blu-ray player.

1) Blu-Ray works perfectly fine on standard 4:3 & 16:9 SDTVs.
2) They're dropping in price. Wait. PC Blu-Ray players are < $150 now.
3) You don't know a single person with a Playstation 3?

I think you're missing the point as to what an ARG is. "Alternate Reality Game". If it's purpose is to sell discs, it's still functions as a game for the time being. All the other LOST ARGs were to basically sell a rating boost. The "I Love Bees" ARG was to sell Halo for Xbox360, the "Year Zero" ARG was to sell Nine Inch Nails CDs... But, they were still ARGs.

TimeforTravel
08-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Okay, that cleared it up, thanks. Looks like my hopes of my first ARG are crushed now. I will not buy a blu-ray player if I can have more value for my money with the DVD set.

neo12345292
09-29-2009, 12:33 AM
I say this is a "buy our blu-ray hotness or u get no ARG awsumness" scheme. Pay-2-Play. Shame on you, Disney, after banning this elsewhere, you yourself allow it?

DM613
09-12-2011, 07:08 AM
thanks for sharing it with us,we appreciate it very much ,you are so kindly,we will go on look your post ,welcome more new information from you ,thanks again.

I have the same opinion as you ,I think your words is reasonable and meaningful.

tqtq56
09-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Blu-Ray works perfectly fine on standard

David101
01-17-2013, 09:46 AM
It seems to be ARG-ish. Much of the content is going to be offered through BD-Live importance you need a program permitted red ray dvd player (PS3 is the most practical option) AND to buy the Blueray interval 5 set when it is released. How much it is designed available to non-blueray homes is up for conversation . . . . . . .Business Marketing (https://www.facebook.com/BusinessMarketingServicesAustralia)