PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR Spoilers regarding Episode 3 (Detailed)

KennyJS
09-19-2009, 01:19 AM
Episode 3, as already mentioned, will be entitled "What Kate Does."

Apparently Kate ends up in a cab with Claire, who is on her way to sign the papers to the adopted family Richard Malkin told her about. Then, this happens...
------------------------------------------------------------------
“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,” she says. “I really wanted this. But my husband… I just can’t have the baby right now.”

There’s anguish. And awkwardness. They’re not invited inside. But after a few more words are exchanged, it’s Claire’s turn to cry out. She cringes, and bends over, apparently and suddenly going into labor.

“Call a doctor!” Kate urges.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow!

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2009/09/episode-6x03-set-report-and-filming.html

There is DEFINITELY some kind of reset or alternate reality.

Saeed
09-19-2009, 08:04 AM
But still kate and claire are together for bringing the baby to this world

RectP
09-19-2009, 08:26 AM
What Kate Does????

First its "Who " and now its " What "? I dont even wanna know Kate. Geez!

Jacob's Nemesis
09-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Kate's story is the most annyoing of all. Whenever it's her centric episode, I groan when I hear the noise that comes before a flasback.

Ricardus Alpert
09-19-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm actually starting to warm up to the altered timeline idea, if it's true. We are probably seeing the original timeline, that X and Jacob didn't interfere in. The altered one timeline is the one we've been watching for five seasons.

orsonkidd
09-19-2009, 03:15 PM
i'm really surprised there isn't more people in the spoiler section freaking out now that it seems that "alt time line/reset" is pretty certain........season six can't start quick enough.

KennyJS
09-19-2009, 03:15 PM
I've always enjoyed the Kate character. I wasn't aware anyone hated the Kate-centric episodes until the other day.

New Otherton
09-19-2009, 03:24 PM
i'm really surprised there isn't more people in the spoiler section freaking out now that it seems that "alt time line/reset" is pretty certain........season six can't start quick enough.

I'm intensely disappointed that they seem to be wasting valuable screen time with "what if?" scenarios from what the timeline would have been like if none of this had ever happened. Who cares? It did happen.

KennyJS
09-19-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm intensely disappointed that they seem to be wasting valuable screen time with "what if?" scenarios from what the timeline would have been like if none of this had ever happened. Who cares? It did happen.

I don't think it's going to be that simple. Something is still different.

One thing I have noticed is that from the spoilers I've read so far, Locke has not been mentioned. Neither has Sun or Jin. I'm wondering how that's going to play out and I'm sure we'll find out on the season premiere.

orsonkidd
09-19-2009, 11:13 PM

I agree "if" it is a "what if" scenario, i will be confused/upset....however, I think the creators won't do something for nothing......If there is a "reset/alt. time line..I think it will be handled in a way that will mess w/ us and not be anything like we think it is going to be....I can't believe they would throw away all 5 seasons or make anything that has happened less important because there are multiple versions of the Losties running around....that would be a huge cop out,imo...and lets not forget that when Jorge put forth this same idea at comic con...they said to "trust them", and that is what i am choosing to do...fro right now at least:p

boyd18
09-20-2009, 05:24 AM
us seeing a alternate reality in season 6 is pretty certain at this point...however, whats less certain is whether or not this alternate reality will be the main story...we know a new flash scene format will be used this season, so its possible we'll see this alternate reality in flash scene's while the main story will pick up where jughead left off...

KennyJS
09-20-2009, 03:25 PM
I think you're right. Matthew Fox said in an interview a few months back that the season premiere would be very confusing.

If they're still in 1977... that's not too confusing.

If there's a reset, that's not too confusing either.

On the other hand, if they're in 1977 and then it flashes to an alternate reality... that's a pretty WTF moment.

DarthGollumOJG
09-20-2009, 06:28 PM
I will be extremely disapointed with a "reset", unless its executed in a fasion that makes sense and doesn't just make seasons 1 to 5 seem like a big waste of time.

BobW
09-20-2009, 07:17 PM
What's weird about this is that previously we were led to believe that there was no couple in LA waiting to adopt Claire's baby. Malkin was insistent that she get on the flight 815 and no other, because he knew it would crash and force Claire to raise the child herself. Now it looks like there really was a couple after all...

Nateiums
09-21-2009, 04:58 AM
As far as filming reports have gone, we've heard about 815 being reconstructed, but also reports from the beach scene with Richard, Flocke, and Ben continuing, plus the scene right after the bomb explodes continuing as well. They're not sticking to one direction and running with it, they're going with every direction, but it'll undoubtedly somehow gel back into on island action.

Fanshawe
09-21-2009, 01:04 PM
By definition a reset makes no sense. The only way any of these rumours would occur is if they go down the multiverse route. The writers like to stick to popular theoretical science, and that's one of the biggest, so don't be surprised if it comes up. It makes more sense, ie. any change creates a new universe, rather than resetting (which would render all 5 years of Lost absolutely pointless).

But while that could work, it's difficult because we're then a situation where there are infinite universes for every possibility. So why bother telling the story of one or two of them!

After 5 years of Lost, and listening to interviews, podcasts etc., it's clear the writers love to play with the fans. And some of the people on sites like this are ridiculously easy to trick. So you spend all summer promoting the idea of a reset. As if they'd give anything away. Say the final series is going to be like season 1, bring Charlie out at events, keep dropping hints. The fact is, we had a season of 2007 on the island with Ben, Sun, Richard, Locke etc. That storyline had a cliffhanger and we will clearly, clearly return to it. So no, we aren't having a reset, because then the 2007 storyline didn't happen, and they've wasted everyones time and destroyed a brilliant show.

So to conclude, people will drone on about resets for month after month, say it wouldn't work, THEN, when there is no reset, they'll moan that they now wish there had been.

Daniel1302
09-21-2009, 01:34 PM
The fact is, we had a season of 2007 on the island with Ben, Sun, Richard, Locke etc. That storyline had a cliffhanger and we will clearly, clearly return to it. So no, we aren't having a reset, because then the 2007 storyline didn't happen, and they've wasted everyones time and destroyed a brilliant show.

Unless there's a reset that still leads to the same point in 2007, which is what some of these seem to be pointing toward.

Overlord
09-21-2009, 03:43 PM
By definition a reset makes no sense. The only way any of these rumours would occur is if they go down the multiverse route.

There could be both a reset and WHH. The two "universes" could be linked at the Temple which might be a magical place powered by the exotic energy where people can view the future. For example the Incident allows for two realities, one where 815 never crashes and one where the Losties, KJSJHM, are still on the Island. Think of it as reset vs WHH.

Through the power of Jacob and the Temple, the Island Losties can witness what their lives would be like had they never crashed. The whispers are simply commentary by those viewing an alternate reality. Jacob presents them with a choice--proceed with life outside the Island as if 815 never crashed (reset) OR take the life they are experiencing on teh Island (WHH).

The choice given people at the Temple is what maddens "X" because he has grown weary of Jacob giving people a second chance on life when in "X"s mind people are really no different whether they are given a second chance on lifeor not. This is why he wants to end this reductio ad absurdum by killing Jacob. But for Jacob, redemption is the name of the game, as long as someone gets it right sometime.

So back to season six, the first episodes show how the Island losties make their way to the Temple believing that nothing happened as a result of the Incident that WHH. However Jacob or his emmisaries intervene and give them hope that if they make it to the Temple they can view their lives reset and make a choice. Making it to the Temple will occupy several episodes and will be frought with obstacles and danger that they will have to overcome, including its impending destruction at the hands of "X" and his allies in the war. Some won't make it to the Temple and will sacrifice their lives so others can make it.

Dharma Ranch Dressing
09-21-2009, 04:07 PM
There could be both a reset and WHH. The two "universes" could be linked at the Temple which might be a magical place powered by the exotic energy where people can view the future. For example the Incident allows for two realities, one where 815 never crashes and one where the Losties, KJSJHM, are still on the Island. Think of it as reset vs WHH.

Through the power of Jacob and the Temple, the Island Losties can witness what their lives would be like had they never crashed. The whispers are simply commentary by those viewing an alternate reality. Jacob presents them with a choice--proceed with life outside the Island as if 815 never crashed (reset) OR take the life they are experiencing on teh Island (WHH).

The choice given people at the Temple is what maddens "X" because he has grown weary of Jacob giving people a second chance on life when in "X"s mind people are really no different whether they are given a second chance on lifeor not. This is why he wants to end this reductio ad absurdum by killing Jacob. But for Jacob, redemption is the name of the game, as long as someone gets it right sometime.

So back to season six, the first episodes show how the Island losties make their way to the Temple believing that nothing happened as a result of the Incident that WHH. However Jacob or his emmisaries intervene and give them hope that if they make it to the Temple they can view their lives reset and make a choice. Making it to the Temple will occupy several episodes and will be frought with obstacles and danger that they will have to overcome, including its impending destruction at the hands of "X" and his allies in the war. Some won't make it to the Temple and will sacrifice their lives so others can make it.

^ this is the most reasonable and realistic explanation of the reset I've read so far. Well done. I still don't like the reset idea, even in this construct (I still think it's a copout), but at least this gives the opportunity for a return to the island.

NoMoreFun
09-23-2009, 06:31 AM
My theory:

They pass out in 1977 after the bomb goes off (and the magnetism stops) and experience this reality "flashes before your eyes" style. Some important lessons are learned in the flash, including that it's their destiny to save the island or fight the war or whatever. They then wake up in 2007, in different places and are picked up and recruited by different factions. It is later revealed that someone (I reckon Miles, in his centric episode) turned the wheel in the orchid (the wheel hasn't finished doing it's full turn, it's just on a stable wrong track). If my Miles theory is correct, he will emerge from the orchid at the end of the episode before his centric in 2007, as a correct turn of the wheel doesn't send the person away to tunisia. No idea if they actually changed the future or not.

EDIT: The reason Miles doesn't pass out is because the whole deal with the freighter would have still happened without the plane crash for some reason. The only difference is Widmore's pretenses for getting people to the island.

NoMoreFun
09-23-2009, 06:39 AM
The lamest possible twist: The events in the first 2 episodes are what would have happened if the bomb didn't go off. But it did, so they're still on the island in '77. Enjoy the show.

jamey
09-24-2009, 11:33 PM

who says we're not?:D

jamey
09-24-2009, 11:34 PM
The lamest possible twist: The events in the first 2 episodes are what would have happened if the bomb didn't go off. But it did, so they're still on the island in '77. Enjoy the show.

seems like if the bomb went off, they wouldn't be on the island...

jamey
09-24-2009, 11:37 PM
I think you're right. Matthew Fox said in an interview a few months back that the season premiere would be very confusing.

If they're still in 1977... that's not too confusing.

If there's a reset, that's not too confusing either.

On the other hand, if they're in 1977 and then it flashes to an alternate reality... that's a pretty WTF moment.

yeah, my wife and i were talking about this last night. we figured you'd hear the sucky flashback noise in the la airport, then see the 77 crew alive -- which wouldn't make sense if there were a reset but NOT an alternate/multiverse timeline thing going.

bacchini
09-25-2009, 08:57 AM
kate and claire's conversation seems to be a nightmare. maybe claire's. and then she wakes up. possibly.

Mazzle
09-28-2009, 03:23 PM

If we knew even a little bit about the temple, maybe it would be plausible. But, I don't know. That seems a little too deus ex machina for me. It's almost as if the Temple is some sort of holodeck and the main theme of the show will be resolved by a questionnaire after they get there and play through a scenario. :p

Personally, I think it's going to be a loose version of both WHH at ALT. Stuff in the real world will proceed normally at first. It will seem that everything is hunky dory at first and that nobody remembers anything. Meanwhile, the island's "time bubble" makes everything on the island exempt from the reset. On the mainland, new versions of the original tragedies/relationships will start happening and the crap will start to really hit the fan. Perhaps it will even get worse than it was in the original timeline. And then, over the next three years, their memories will start to come back in small bits and pieces. At the end, Desmond, who is the one person who remembered everything because of his special exception status, helps them fully remember everything too. Perhaps things get so crappy that they realize that they have to go back, hop on the Ajira flight and meet up with the non-reset happenings on the island.

Then again, that might mean 2 Ben's, 2 Sun's and 3 Locke's on the island, which would be a bit odd. :o

loranna238
09-29-2009, 12:35 AM
Episode 3, as already mentioned, will be entitled "What Kate Does."

Apparently Kate ends up in a cab with Claire, who is on her way to sign the papers to the adopted family Richard Malkin told her about. Then, this happens...
------------------------------------------------------------------
“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,” she says. “I really wanted this. But my husband… I just can’t have the baby right now.”

There’s anguish. And awkwardness. They’re not invited inside. But after a few more words are exchanged, it’s Claire’s turn to cry out. She cringes, and bends over, apparently and suddenly going into labor.

“Call a doctor!” Kate urges.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow!

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2009/09/episode-6x03-set-report-and-filming.html

There is DEFINITELY some kind of reset or alternate reality.

I think what Kate does is take Aaron, just as she did before...

Remember, Claire does not want him initially. Malkin warned that the child would need Claire's goodness, however, it seems that Aaron is always destined not to be part of Claire's life for very long. If it is a different timeline but still observing the whole course correction thing, Kate would help deliver and then take the baby - because she selfishly did that in the timeline on the Island. To me, Kate has some good qualities but her mother was right in that she did what she did (initially) for herself. So she will do what she does, for herself. At least that's my thought.

I suppose the difference between a reset and a multiverse is that in the reset they crash on the island, but I don't see how the multiverse makes people feel so much better, really, because it is kind of a reset as well - because the bomb goes off they never crash. Either way, I think there will be some conciousness jumping around, because there is too much foreshadowing and setup for there not to be.

Of course, this all depends on these being good spoilers and not a ruse to confuse us so they can go in a different direction.

Overlord
11-11-2009, 01:14 PM
If we knew even a little bit about the temple, maybe it would be plausible. But, I don't know. That seems a little too deus ex machina for me. It's almost as if the Temple is some sort of holodeck and the main theme of the show will be resolved by a questionnaire after they get there and play through a scenario. :p

Yes to deus ex machina, and "holodeck" type apparatus is exactly what I envision. Haha on questionnaire, but point taken.