View Full Version : 4x09 The Shape of Things to Come

tohdom
10-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Lost Rewatch Episode Discussion for "The Shape of Things to Come"
(Oct 26 - Nov 1)

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Shape_of_Things_to_Come

Dr. Chameleon
11-05-2009, 06:00 PM
One of the most critical episodes of the series. What's amazing watching it now is that the big reveal of Widmore vs. Ben seems overshadowed by "The Incident" reveal of Jacob vs. ... that other guy. How closely related are these two rivalries, and which will play the greater role in shaping the endgame?

So much other stuff here: we learn how Sayid started working for Ben (although we still won't learn the specifics of Nadia's fate until S5).

In light of what's to come, why does Ben think that it's so important for Locke to survive? Especially after he tried to kill him not all that long ago?
BEN: It's very important that you survive what's about to happen here, John. So I need you to stay close to me.

A bunch of 815 survivors get mowed down here. There was so much going on that I didn't really grasp this the first time I watched. I think this plays into Hurley's apology to Jack for going with Locke. Also, I know it's not official yet, but I don't see how you can possibly think Claire survived this. I know she's walking around and talking for awhile, but between the explosion she was in and the way Miles acts around her afterward, it's pretty clear that she's not *dead* dead. She's Christian dead. I expect we'll find out what this means before the show is over.
SAWYER: You all right, sweetheart?
CLAIRE: Yeah, a bit wobbly, but, uh, I'll live.
MILES: Well, I wouldn't be too sure about that.

What rule did Ben think would protect Alex, we all wonder? Is this the only time we've seen adult Ben cry in the series? More fodder for my smoke monster theory, Alex doesn't get buried and she later appears as an apparition out of the smoke monster.

There's still mixing of Dharma vs. Others stuff that doesn't make sense. Did Ben modify this house, because otherwise Dharma had a secret room that led to a place where you could summon the smoke monster....

Any significance to Widmore's nightmares? And why does his focus shift to getting the O6 back to the island after his Kahana mission fails and Ben moves the island?

Smaller observations:

More weirdness with time when the doctor's body washes up on shore, the island and the Kahana not in sync. Why does Miles keep lying?

Hurley's "luck" on display again with his game of Risk.

Meanwhile, Keamy actually does become scary here after coming of like a non-threatening dimwitted thug. How in the hell did he survive the monster attack? Note the lightning-esque flashes this time, any relation to the flashing it did when it "scanned" Juliet and Kate? Does it matter?

Love the shotgun in the piano bench. We won't find out the particulars of Ben "landing" in Tunisia for a few more episodes. Between Ben and Locke (and the polar bear skeleton), it seems like turning the wheel sends you to the same exit point every time. Any special significance to this location?

Is there any significance to the "Jack becomes ill" subplot? It doesn't really go anywhere. Is the island/Jacob punishing him in a similar manner to Ben and his spinal tumor?

I think Ben's statement "every single one of my people is prepared to die in service to this island" is interesting. Obviously we've seen some evidence of this with young Charles and Bea/Mikhail, but what makes these people so dedicated, if not brainwashing?

Were any of the Kahana crew told/warned about Jacob and the MiB? Certainly Charles would have known about one or both of them. Or do they not directly intervene in the lives of mortals ;) so knowledge of their existence would be irrelevant?

Nathan182
11-09-2009, 03:28 AM
Yeah the Dharma/Smokey thing really annoys me, if they had a fence to keep it out, why could they summon it from under one of their houses.

Dr. Chameleon
11-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Yeah the Dharma/Smokey thing really annoys me, if they had a fence to keep it out, why could they summon it from under one of their houses.

Seems like a pretty major plot hole, although with the amount of Dharma/Others melding throughout the series I wonder if we'll find out that Dharma was somehow related to the Others all along. Perhaps the Dharma Initiative was started by some exiled Other, in which case it's possible that some members might have been up to as-yet-unknown shenanigans. We've seen in both organizations (and amongst the Losties) how some members are doing stuff that the rest of the group knows nothing about, so there's certainly an in-show precedent for it.

tohdom
11-10-2009, 06:33 AM
"MILES: Well, I wouldn't be too sure about that."
just brilliant! We thought he referred to the treat from Keamy, but it is very possible that he sense that Claire is not very alive :)

JulietDetonatesMyHeart
11-15-2009, 05:26 PM
This episode to me is so sad for the fact of the way Alex is killed. Absolute tragedy. Such a great girl, I mean some of her last words were begging Keamy and his men not to kill Aaron.

This is a REALLY important episode, I feel. I think it's the 'turning point' in season 4. LOL I guess hence the title.

tohdom
11-16-2009, 06:50 AM
what breaks my heart is that the last thing she heard IN HER LIFE:
"She's not my daughter. She means nothing to me. So if you want to kill her, go ahead and do it.."
so cruel!!!

MM0602
11-19-2009, 03:19 AM
^ That is so true :(

I don't think Claire died, it seems like they would have made it obvious if she did die rather than hinting at it, making her disappear for a season, then coming back 3 years after the attack and being all "oh yeah, btw, I died 3 years ago when the Barracks were rocket launcher'ed." Although Miles does become creepily interested in her after this. I wonder why Sawyer didn't try to look for her after the time flashes? Or perhaps she was part of the "people" that Jin was looking for.

I've always loved all the details in Ben's first flashforward in the desert and how it seemed so confusing the first time, but after the finale it makes perfect sense. His talk with Charles and the fact that he couldn't bring himself to kill Penny in the end really make me think Widmore is the bad guy. These two need to meet again before the end.

One of the best episodes of the show :) Awesome scenes at the Barracks.

Dr. Chameleon
11-19-2009, 07:52 PM
I've always loved all the details in Ben's first flashforward in the desert and how it seemed so confusing the first time, but after the finale it makes perfect sense. His talk with Charles and the fact that he couldn't bring himself to kill Penny in the end really make me think Widmore is the bad guy. These two need to meet again before the end.

That was some pretty cool storytelling, although it was somewhat lost on me the first go-round, because there was so much going on and my brain is tired and slow. You've just reminded me, though, of how terrified I was for several episodes in S5 that Ben had murdered Penny -- from the moment we saw Ben bloodied at the pay phone...my partner actually burst into tears when I guessed what happened. Fortunately it turned out differently!

For me, I'm guessing it can't be so cut and dried as Ben = good, Widmore = evil, as they've both done terrible things. Should be interesting to see if that holds true for Jacob vs. X, Jack vs. Locke, etc. in the end, or if Eko rides in on a dragon and smites them all with his Jesus stick in the last 15 minutes.

karategrrl
11-20-2009, 10:51 PM
A few things that stood out for me...Why didn't sawyer get shot? The freighter people were good shots...It seemed like the bullets bounced off him...Was the island keeping him alive. There were a lot of shots directly at him...

The frightened look on the receptionist in Tunisia when she saw the name on the ledger...

Aaron crying...I found it odd that he cried when Charlie died...could it be he cried when Claire died as well...

MM0602
11-21-2009, 01:49 AM
The frightened look on the receptionist in Tunisia when she saw the name on the ledger..

Yeah, what was up with that? I think we need a receptionist girl flashback :p No but really I also wondered if it meant anything. She obviously recognized the name right?

karategrrl
11-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Not only did she recognize it, but she lost her casual nature...

Richard Was Here
12-01-2009, 04:55 AM
This is a great episode. So much important stuff happens!

We get to see Ben in Tunisia...we get to see how Sayid comes to work for Ben...we (unfortunately) see Alex's death, we get to see Ben v. Whitmore, and we get what are probably the coolest shots of Smokey in the entire series.

But oddly, my favorite part of this episode is none of those things. Instead, I LOVE the part where Sawyer takes control of the situation and and breaks away from Ben and Locke with Claire, Aaron and Miles to head for the beach...and also stands up for Hurley against Locke. That little scene is one of my favorite Sawyer scenes in the entire show, because I see this as the place where Sawyer turns the corner and becomes a leader among the group..willing to go out on a limb for others.

"He ain't goin' anywhere with you, you crazy sonofabitch!"

GO Sawyer!

I also like the bit where Bernard calls bull-ony on Daniel's 'translation' of the morse code message. That was awesome!

JulietDetonatesMyHeart
12-01-2009, 05:59 AM
But oddly, my favorite part of this episode is none of those things. Instead, I LOVE the part where Sawyer takes control of the situation and and breaks away from Ben and Locke with Claire, Aaron and Miles to head for the beach...and also stands up for Hurley against Locke. That little scene is one of my favorite Sawyer scenes in the entire show, because I see this as the place where Sawyer turns the corner and becomes a leader among the group..willing to go out on a limb for others.

GO Sawyer!

I also love this moment. I love when THAT Sawyer (pre-neutered, DHARMA Sawyer) shows just how much he actually DOES care about other people.

"You touch one curly hair on his head...and I'll kill you.":)

Dr. Chameleon
12-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Not only did she recognize it, but she lost her casual nature...

I assumed her reaction was based on the date of his last stay, not the name.

karategrrl
12-02-2009, 03:46 AM
I assumed her reaction was based on the date of his last stay, not the name.

Interesting thought...

Richard Was Here
12-10-2009, 02:18 AM
I also love this moment. I love when THAT Sawyer (pre-neutered, DHARMA Sawyer) shows just how much he actually DOES care about other people.

"You touch one curly hair on his head...and I'll kill you.":)

Totally agree. This quite seriously might be my favorite Sawyer scene in the entire show. It's one of those scenes that I rewind once or twice, every time I watch it...just cus it's so good.

And yeah...that last line was awesome. Especially about Hurley, who he had spent the first 2 seasons making fun of.

Sawyer sticking up for him in this way was all kinds of awesome!

Jacob'sWiseOldMother
12-10-2009, 07:38 PM
I still have trouble watching this episode because of the scene with Alex, Keamy and Ben. The thing that really bothers me is that Ben knew exactly what kind of man Keamy was but he decided that she wouldn't be harmed and it was only a ploy to get him to surrender. Ben underestimated this man and that cost him her life. Whatever connects Ben to this island became much more important than this girls life at that moment and that is really, really sad. :(

We were given proof of a different time line between the island and the freighter by having Doc Ray's body wash up even before he was killed on the freighter. Daniel probably knows the exact difference but he isn't telling us what it is or the losties either!

Then we get to see Ben in the Sahara Desert in his smoking parka as he fights off some Bedouins. Ben always is a step ahead and has a plan. I would have liked the explanation for the deleted scene of Ben gathering his bag of money and passports from the rock because we see him actually look back at the spot he landed and there he is still laying. :confused: Is this time catching up after he comes through the wormhole?? We know that he left the island around the end of December 2004 but ends up in Tunisia on October 21st, 2005.

Sawyer gets to take a new role of protector on this episode and he does a great job of it!! I love that he gets to slowly become the leader of a group and that it carries over into season 5. I thought the scene of Claire's feet sticking out of the debris of the house was right out of "The Wizard of Oz"!! I don't think she is dead though and I'm not sure how they are going to explain it this season if she really was killed. This show has been pretty good about showing us who is really dead....dead and who is not so I hope they don't try to pull off her as being this zombie gal walking around talking to everybody. I just think they "want" us to believe she is dead by all the little hints they drop but that these all mean something else. Miles line about not being sure if they will live only meant that Keamy was probably going to kill them all in the end because he had just shot Alex dead.

As for the guy Sayid kills for Ben, I still think that Charles only had his people watching the 06 and nothing more. The guy doesn't even know who Ben is when he confronts him and I would think Charles would have made sure his people knew who Ben was. Ben is good with his cons and used this to fabricate the story of the man running Nadia down. In turn, he got Sayid to be his personal assassin and we get to see his little smirk after Sayid "sells his soul" to help Ben out with the next person. He always knows how to get exactly what he needs by controlling the situation. Except for Alex.

It didn't take Ben too long to jump back into action and release the BSM. I think they have some sort of connection that we haven't seen as yet. All Ben wants at this point is to get John to the cabin because I think that is the next part of the plan.

The best scene was between Ben and Charles in London. Lighting these 2 men in both light and dark was great!! Are they both bad guys or is only one of them?? The line that really caught my attention through this whole episode was from Charles. "I know who you are boy. What you are. I know that everything you have, you took from me." I thought of when Richard took young Ben to heal him and told them that he would be changed. This was also a kind of comparison of the finale of Jacob and the MIB here as well. Two opposing sides discussing the island and who controls it.

DS123
12-14-2009, 03:27 AM
To sawyer not getting shot...he had work to do. He had to be lafleur in the 70's.

As to the monster summoning thingy underneath the house; that was always there. when the initiative came in, they not only built their barracks over the tunnel system where jughead was kept (unknowingly), but they probably found the passageway, couldn't figure out what it was used for and kept it blocked off for alter study....which is when all their attention was put on time travel.

Careless
12-22-2009, 03:04 PM
As to the monster summoning thingy underneath the house; that was always there. when the initiative came in, they not only built their barracks over the tunnel system where jughead was kept (unknowingly), but they probably found the passageway, couldn't figure out what it was used for and kept it blocked off for alter study....which is when all their attention was put on time travel.
But they must have built the house around the entrance. That's a strange thing to do. He didn't go downstairs before getting to the original stone wall, so his house either backed up to it (in which case everyone would know it was there) or was built around it.

What really bothered me about this episode is that smokey is such a crappy security system, if he was ever intended to be that. All that noise and fuss and the mercenaries come out of it basically ok except for one guy.

Dr. Chameleon
12-23-2009, 12:09 AM
What really bothered me about this episode is that smokey is such a crappy security system, if he was ever intended to be that. All that noise and fuss and the mercenaries come out of it basically ok except for one guy.

Yeah, I suspect in the end that the idea of it being a "security system" will prove to be either totally wrong or a woefully inadequate description of its purpose, but who knows?

imbeanie
12-23-2009, 04:31 PM
"...or if Eko rides in on a dragon and smites them all with his Jesus stick in the last 15 minutes. "

Funniest thing all day. Thanks!

Dr. Chameleon
12-23-2009, 04:48 PM
"...or if Eko rides in on a dragon and smites them all with his Jesus stick in the last 15 minutes. "

Funniest thing all day. Thanks!

You're welcome! If someone could please turn that idea into a t-shirt and send me one I'd be most grateful.

Lost Fan 4815162342
12-27-2009, 06:37 AM
I would have liked the explanation for the deleted scene of Ben gathering his bag of money and passports from the rock because we see him actually look back at the spot he landed and there he is still laying. :confused: Is this time catching up after he comes through the wormhole?? We know that he left the island around the end of December 2004 but ends up in Tunisia on October 21st, 2005.
I've wondered about this myself. I decided it was cut because perhaps as a plot point it would have made things too difficult. This was the season that was cut short due to the writer's strike and I think a lot of things got lost due to their own lost time, so to speak, from the strike.

It didn't take Ben too long to jump back into action and release the BSM. I think they have some sort of connection that we haven't seen as yet. All Ben wants at this point is to get John to the cabin because I think that is the next part of the plan.
We have more clues now. I think when Richard took Ben into the Temple, he was giving Ben to the island, which would include Smokey. All of the Hostiles/Others seem to belong to the Island. I think that they had infiltrated the Dharma Initiative, which would explain the Smokey hole in Ben's house. We would see in Season 5 that Dharma wife Amy took an Ankh off her husband, Paul's, body. The Dharma symbol is Taoist or Eastern in religion or philosophy, whereas the Hostiles were more oriented toward the Eqyptian religion and mythology. The comparison of Smokey to the fire god who seemed to be doing Anubis' bidding seemed clear in the Season 5 ep "Dead is Dead." So I'm not bothered as some others that Ben has a tunnel to Smokey under his house.

The best scene was between Ben and Charles in London. Lighting these 2 men in both light and dark was great!! Are they both bad guys or is only one of them?? This was also a kind of comparison of the finale of Jacob and the MIB here as well. Two opposing sides discussing the island and who controls it.I go back and forth on this. Is Ben with MIB or Jacob, and Charles vice versa? You could argue both. The fact that Ben "killed" Jacob, doesn't necessarily mean he's his enemy. And Widmore's promise to try to keep Locke alive goes against the words of Richard that Locke needs to die to bring the O6 back to the Island. So I'm not sure it's clear who's with whom, and I think that is where the action shifts to in Season 6.

Dr. Chameleon
12-28-2009, 11:55 PM
I go back and forth on this. Is Ben with MIB or Jacob, and Charles vice versa? You could argue both. The fact that Ben "killed" Jacob, doesn't necessarily mean he's his enemy. And Widmore's promise to try to keep Locke alive goes against the words of Richard that Locke needs to die to bring the O6 back to the Island. So I'm not sure it's clear who's with whom, and I think that is where the action shifts to in Season 6.

Yeah, those are some of the big questions right now in terms of trying to figure out what the heck is going on. I'm still of the mind that you can draw a few clear lines based on Ilana and Bram. Jacob asked Ilana to help him, and Bram is working with Ilana. Bram tells Miles that Widmore is on the wrong side. Now, assuming Bram knows anything, which is probably a dangerous assumption, that pretty clearly puts Widmore on the side of "X".

I don't think Ben is on anyone's side but his own, which should hopefully make him a fairly interesting player/agent of chaos in the endgame of S6. But we shall see. I do think it's interesting that Ben and Widmore were working toward the same end in S5, in terms of helping John get the O6 back to the island. The question is if they both wanted him dead or not (i.e. did Widmore lie when he promised to keep John alive?).

sdorian
01-10-2010, 05:06 AM
Almost every time I wonder if the authors of the show are just making it up as they go along, I find a hint that it's connected. (unless, in future episodes, they're very careful about looking back over what's transpired) anyway...flashforward of Ben in the Tunisian desert with a parka. Perhaps we're meant to think he's one of the Oceanic 6. (I thought he'd been somewhere arctic first, hence the parka, and the last thing we saw in the Tunisian desert was a polar bear, like there's some wormhole from the north pole to here) Just now I notice the Dharma orchid logo on the parka.

I liked the bit with Risk. Hurley says the key to everything is Australia. (I think that's true for the game, it's been a long time since I played Risk) but, in light of the show, I wonder if this is true. If Australia will come to have some importance. Issac of Uluru was there and he was supposedly over an electromagnetic hot spot.

It's so fitting that Ben's playing Rachmaninov. And I absolutely love the shotgun in the piano!

First thing I'd do finding myself in the Sahara..take off the parka and find myself some sunglasses. :)

awesome kickass Sawyer scene!!!!

Ben says it's not his first time in Tunisia. We figure he gets off the island as an adult, pre-Oceanic crash. Has he turned the wheel before? Is he an embodiment of someone else, Jacob's Nemesis is Ben? (just a thought) and isn't Dr. Moriarty the evil villain from Sherlock Holmes, Holmes' nemesis?

Now it looks like Ben himself couldn't have killed Nadia, but he could've arranged it with his people on the outside. Because he knew he'd be leaving and knew he'd need a hit man. Although Ben's great at thinking on the spot. He could have fortuitously seen the funeral, and then planned to use that, and made up a line about her death being a murder. I still wouldn't put it past him to get someone to murder Nadia. The jarring thing about all this is that Charles and Ben want the same thing: all the Oceanic 6 alive and on a plane back to the island. as for why: so ben could get back to the island (but then he should've had Locke turn the wheel...unless Ben needed to get off the island to kill those people) and widmore...maybe so he could find the island again? or help Locke kill Ben or Jacob?

Ben probably meant to have Locke turn the wheel, but then needed to do it himself so he could hunt down Penelope. And Widmore and Ben are obviously fighting over the island. leading the others or something...

either Ben is so selfish, that he'll save his skin at the expense of his daughter. or he thought that by saying she meant nothing to him, that she'd be safer. still...I can't see why Sawyer doesn't just pick Ben up and hand him to Keamy. This is also probably the first time someone hasn't fallen for one of Ben's cons.

If Ishmael Bakir worked for Widmore, wouldn't he have been informed of what Ben looks like? and other people on Sayid/Ben's list, would know what Sayid looks like...

this episode felt like a season finale.

sdorian
01-10-2010, 05:11 AM
In light of what's to come, why does Ben think that it's so important for Locke to survive? Especially after he tried to kill him not all that long ago?
BEN: It's very important that you survive what's about to happen here, John. So I need you to stay close to me.

I know Ben wants Locke dead badly. So my guess is that he needs Locke to translate Jacob to him. Hurley to lead them to Jacob and Locke to talk to Jacob, since Ben can't do it himself. Or...Ben knows now he's on a mission to get off the island and go kill Penny, so he needs someone to "lead" (I think Ben's thinking Locke would do what he says) the Others until Ben can return to the island. As soon as Ben figures out how to return to the island, then he doesn't need Locke any more (so I guess he didn't know that Locke should've been alive to recreate the conditions of the original flight)

sdorian
01-10-2010, 05:17 AM
There's still mixing of Dharma vs. Others stuff that doesn't make sense. Did Ben modify this house, because otherwise Dharma had a secret room that led to a place where you could summon the smoke monster....

I think Dharma happened to build their barracks over some significant island stuff (maybe "good energy" there)...the jughead's buried there. There's ruins and tunnels under the barracks. I think all that temple-related stuff has nothing to do with Dharma, but part of the ancient civilization on the island. That the Others may or may not be descendants from. So I think when the Others moved in, they knew the barracks were on top of this, so I think Ben modified the house to connect to the old tunnels.

Although I do think Dharma built a lot of secret rooms. Their hatches have a penchant for secret rooms, trap doors, blast doors. Maybe for experiments. Maybe to hide from the Others. Maybe as Chernobyl type protection.

Just Thinking
01-13-2010, 03:34 PM
A late rewatcher comment- I thought Hurley was great here- smashing the window to let Sawyer in, even though both the crazy Locke and scary Ben were holding guns on him and saying no. Then, keeping the peace by getting Sawyer and Locke to put down their guns- just telling them calmly that's what they should do, and offering to go. Yeah Hurley!

Hopelessly Lost
10-28-2010, 08:06 PM
I love Sawyer in this epi when he's protective over Claire & Hurley!

Get_A_Klugh
11-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Yep, Sawyer really had come along way since the days when he'd pretended to hold a (non-existent) inhaler for ransom so he could con a kiss out of a hot chick. :D

ZeroPoint
01-17-2011, 06:31 PM
A real pivotal episode that just gets better the second time around. On my initial viewing, it didn't dawn on me but I think Ben planned on something intentionally happening to Alex, Danielle and Karl by Keamy's team. When Keamy hold's her at gunpoint, Ben is so adamant that it almost feels like he believes the island will not allow her to die. Then he is proven wrong.

That moment he see's Alex tumble to the ground is one of Michael Emerson's most powerful acting moments in the series as the camera pans around the actor, time seemingly frozen for many seconds. The first time I saw this scene I thought that Ben was holding the line with regards to Keamy's demands by denying any emotions he has for Alex so they would not be manipulated. This is followed by his sheer awe that Keamy had the audacity to actually pull the trigger. Part of me now wonders if Ben was confident that the island would protect her and when it didn't, he was in serious doubt as to where he stood in the grand scheme (the island not healing his tumor, John hearing Jacob, Hurley & John being able to see the cabin). Was this a sign of him falling more out of favor?

The rest of the epsiode was a non-stop action roller coaster! I loved the scene where Sawyer was standing next to one of the cabins while one of the 815 survivors walked out. *Twip*, down he goes followed by another ("what was that?" *twip*) followed by a third. Reminds me of that scene in the Steve Martin classic, "The Jerk" where the sniper is trying to shoot him from afar. Steve is working at a gas station and noticed a hole suddenly appear in an oil can. He bends over to examine it and suddenly a second and third hole appears. It takes him sometime to realize he is being fired upon :-)

I love Ben's line to Sayid when he recruits him. "Don't let your grief turn into anger" mirroring his own feelings over Alex's death. Sayid plays right into his hands :rolleyes:

Hopelessly Lost
01-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Part of me now wonders if Ben was confident that the island would protect her and when it didn't, he was in serious doubt as to where he stood in the grand scheme (the island not healing his tumor, John hearing Jacob, Hurley & John being able to see the cabin). Was this a sign of him falling more out of favor?

I like this. More & more Ben realizes other people are special. By the time he gets back to the island, his importance is pretty much diminished.

Dr. Chameleon
01-18-2011, 09:43 PM
The rest of the epsiode was a non-stop action roller coaster! I loved the scene where Sawyer was standing next to one of the cabins while one of the 815 survivors walked out. *Twip*, down he goes followed by another ("what was that?" *twip*) followed by a third. Reminds me of that scene in the Steve Martin classic, "The Jerk" where the sniper is trying to shoot him from afar. Steve is working at a gas station and noticed a hole suddenly appear in an oil can. He bends over to examine it and suddenly a second and third hole appears. It takes him sometime to realize he is being fired upon :-)

"He hates these cans. Stay away from the cans!"

pinccadillac
03-21-2011, 01:22 PM
This is a great episode. So much important stuff happens!

We get to see Ben in Tunisia...we get to see how Sayid comes to work for Ben...we (unfortunately) see Alex's death, we get to see Ben v. Whitmore, and we get what are probably the coolest shots of Smokey in the entire series.

GO Sawyer!

I also like the bit where Bernard calls bull-ony on Daniel's 'translation' of the morse code message. That was awesome!

awesome episode !!!

and go sawyer

( but its "you touch one hair on his curly head", which is even funnier, lol)