View Full Version : 4x12 There's No Place Like Home, Part 1

tohdom
11-03-2009, 06:08 AM
Lost Rewatch Episode Discussion for "There's No Place Like Home, Part 1"
(Nov 2 - Nov 8)

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/There's_No_Place_Like_Home,_Part_1

Dr. Chameleon
11-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Just a few questions, no major observations.

Does Juliet honestly not know what the Orchid station is?

Why does Dan know about the secondary protocal? This suggests that he knew Keamy's team was there to kill everyone from the outset, so I still don't understand why he lies to all the 815 survivors the whole time.

Are Ben's mirror signals to keep them from getting shot at? Or is it to get Alpert to go help Kate and Sayid? Did Ben have some foreknowledge that he would need that mirror at that location at that time? Or is it just sort of a standard Others signaling point related to some perimeter around the temple?

Also it seems like Sun's vendetta against Ben was awfully short lived, although I guess once she believes Jin is alive she sort of needs Ben. Still, disappointed the way she got shortchanged in S5, and they still haven't been reunited!

tohdom
11-16-2009, 06:21 AM
Writers said that Dan knew about the Orchid because of his notebook.

I have another question, but maybe it would be answered in the next episode and i am just forgetting things.
How Keamy planned to torch the WHOLE island?! Or kill everyone on it?

oh and it was odd to see the Christial memorial after 100 days since he died!! No one would bother? Or it was a re-memorial just for Jack? And I am thinking after 100 days they all should have their funerals done by their families.

MM0602
12-03-2009, 04:36 AM
Very nice opening :)

I wonder if the temple is in the mountains where Ben was mirroring to? We saw that the temple WALL is in the jungle, but just how deep inside is the actual temple?

Black_Rock
12-03-2009, 06:18 PM
How about this....Why are the Other's clothes now complete rags, if we assume they left the barracks for the temple a few short days go?

Simon
12-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Yeah I've wondered why they changed back into the rags. The Losties already know the big secret anyway. I guess it's to fool the boat missionaries and keeping an essense of vulnerability about them.

Black_Rock
12-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Yeah I've wondered why they changed back into the rags. The Losties already know the big secret anyway. I guess it's to fool the boat missionaries and keeping an essense of vulnerability about them.

I was thinking maybe it had to do with some form of worship. I am just tossing this out, but maybe Jacob/Mr X requires it from his "subjects" while chilling in the Temple for some reason.

JD84
12-07-2009, 02:55 AM

Why does Dan know about the secondary protocal? This suggests that he knew Keamy's team was there to kill everyone from the outset, so I still don't understand why he lies to all the 815 survivors the whole time.

Are Ben's mirror signals to keep them from getting shot at? Or is it to get Alpert to go help Kate and Sayid? Did Ben have some foreknowledge that he would need that mirror at that location at that time? Or is it just sort of a standard Others signaling point related to some perimeter around the temple?

Also it seems like Sun's vendetta against Ben was awfully short lived, although I guess once she believes Jin is alive she sort of needs Ben. Still, disappointed the way she got shortchanged in S5, and they still haven't been reunited!

Juliet was just a Baby Doctor in the others she wouldnt know of the Orchid.

Dan knew form his notebook about the orchid. He probaly didnt know about the bomb, thats why he was shuttling people and himslelf to the freighter he knew the island was going to move but not that the ship was rigged.

I think the mirror was used in the fued with dharma. 15 years would've been 1989 a few years b4 the purge when times were tense. I agree its probaly a standard others lookout point.

Richard Was Here
12-10-2009, 03:05 AM

<snip>

These were two of my chief questions about this episode as well - especially that bit with the mirror. Who was up there? And for what purpose? I mean, there has to be a REASON why someone would be sitting up there, because it seems like a tremendous waste of Otherpower to have a guy just sitting up there on the off chance that Ben would come wandering along and signal.

I'm guessing 'permanent temple perimeter': that someone is always stationed up there and it's always manned - kinda like at the Looking Glass and the Flame.

But who knows?

Jacob'sWiseOldMother
12-14-2009, 07:13 PM
I didn't enjoy this part as much as the second part probably because there was just so much going on in the story line that it was crazy to follow!!

What I got from Daniel is that he knew of the secondary protocol that Keamy mentions to Captain Gault. I don't think he had the information in his journal about the secondary protocol from the folder on the freighter but he did have all the information about the Orchid and what it was. I'm sure he knew that it was vital to get people off the island because of Keamy and that he knew it was vital to get the science team off the island because of what the Orchid could do...move the island.

I liked the flashforward of the 06 arriving back and the press conference. It starts to fill in all these details slowly as we head into season 5. It was nice to see the little scenes of their lives off island and once again, it is only pieces of the puzzle. I especially enjoyed Sun and Jack's. Sun shows us that she doesn't intend to fall back to the same person she was before with her father and that was refreshing to see. Jack finally gets the reveal that Claire is his sister and I would have loved to see how Claire's mom came out of her coma but I suppose that won't ever be told. My theory is that "Christian" tells Claire her mother would be healed if she comes with him and leaves Aaron behind in the jungle.

I don't think that Juliet would know anything about the Orchid because Ben would have kept that a secret from most of the recruited Others. He told Hurley that going there and moving the island was a "measure of last resort" so it probably wasn't a place that was visited much during the days after the Purge.

Ben's purpose to signal the Others at the Temple(?) was probably his way of letting the Others know what was going on down below. I'm sure it was a message that was received by Richard and this is why we saw them show up to help Ben. Later on when Ben sees Richard he says, "Thank you for coming Richard." I think this explains the signal mirror and why the Others showed up when they did. Hurley also asks Ben about moving the island with Keamy on it and Ben replies, "I'm working on it." which to me says that Richard and the Others were needed to help kill Keamy and his group. The box of things was interesting. We know it had been 15 years since it was last used by Ben(?) and that would be roughly 1989 or after the Purge. We know that Charles was still on the island as leader since Alex would have been a baby still at this point. I just have to believe that this is where the Temple really is and that we will find out all about it in season 6.

After all the trekking going on at the island in this episode, I really wanted to see how they were going to pull it all together in the next one!!:)

Dr. Chameleon
12-16-2009, 02:26 AM
Juliet was just a Baby Doctor in the others she wouldnt know of the Orchid.

Dan knew form his notebook about the orchid. He probaly didnt know about the bomb, thats why he was shuttling people and himslelf to the freighter he knew the island was going to move but not that the ship was rigged.

I suppose that makes sense about Juliet, we've certainly seen a lot of secret keeping among the Others, the Dharma Initiative, and the 815 survivors as well.

I don't really understand where all the info in Daniel's journal comes from, so I'm hoping that will be explored a bit further, at least in terms of Eloise and her role in all this. There's that weird thing with the page of his journal in the Hydra, too. I just got S5 and need to get back on the rewatch soon!

locke-n-load
01-08-2010, 01:41 AM
One thing i got bugged about is jack. After learning you've been raising your nephew and abandoned your sister on the island, I was expecting him to be pretty gung-ho on finding claire all of S5

MM0602
01-08-2010, 04:20 AM
That's true, I wonder why nobody even mentioned Claire after they got back. Kate didn't even ask about her. Not to mention, none of the "left behinders" seemed to notice Aaron didn't come back.

Dr. Chameleon
01-08-2010, 06:23 PM
One thing i got bugged about is jack. After learning you've been raising your nephew and abandoned your sister on the island, I was expecting him to be pretty gung-ho on finding claire all of S5

Yeah, Jack's total interness upon arriving at the island is maddening. And he just takes it on faith that he's gone 30 years back in time? How very un-Jack like.

alexandra13
01-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Weird thing to me. They discover the fake aircraft and count bodies. Then the Oceanic 6 show up. No reporter questions this ?

sdorian
01-10-2010, 04:43 PM
What would Keamy do at the Orchid?

sdorian
01-11-2010, 12:05 AM
In the flashforward with Paik, do you think that "whoever did it used five different banks" means anything? maybe Paik ties into Widmore and Ben...this Hanso we never hear about... I like angry vengeful Sun. She's powerful - in a way that's much stronger than guns and fists. Someone mentioned earlier that she has reason to hate the other Losties: Charlie kidnapped her, Sawyer planned that, maybe Jack and Locke trusting Juliet and Ben...or Jack trusting the freighter people or...they suggested that Sun might have reason to make a deal with Widmore against the other Losties.

I also wonder if the next generation will come into play: Sun and Jin's daughter Ji Yeon, Des and Penny's little Charlie (I thought that naming was sweet). Sawyer's Clementine. and of course Aaron and Walt. Walt's special. We're told Aaron's special, and his mom is the daughter of Christian, who has a connection to the island. Ji Yeon was conceived on island. Little Charlie might have been born in orbit of the island, his mom is the daughter of Widmore, an Island original and his dad time travels. Clementine has no real direct specialness I guess. all have dad issues: Aaron (dad out of the picture), Walt (orphaned), Ji Yeon (kind of orphaned, parents separated in time), Clementine (Sawyer out of the picture). ok, I guess little Charlie's got a family.

Is the brown car Hurley's driving a Camaro?

Ben: Charles Widmore knows about [the Orchid] and knows that what we need is inside. So did Widmore send Keamy to the Orchid to stop Ben from turning the wheel? or to get Keamy to turn the wheel? something about the Orchid is going to kill everyone on the island and/or secondary protocol? We also know that Widmore wants to get to the island because he wants to get control of it back from Ben. I wouldn't think this would involve killing people on the island - so I think Ben made that up to keep everyone from handing him over to Keamy. Keamy did say he was going to torch the island...whatever that means.

Or primary protocol is to send the science team in to find and bring back Ben peacefully. Secondary is to send the army guys in to bring Ben by force. Weapons to overpower the Others. and Orchid because Charles knows Ben will head there to escape. and yet, Charles isn't surprised when Ben shows up in his room off-island, rather, expecting it. So he didn't need to send anyone at all if he knew Ben would come to him? or it was a plan to get Ben to come to him. (scratches head)

And the Orchid itself, the greenhouse cover. Dharma hiding stuff from the Hostiles, or DI hiding stuff from other DI? DI might not have known about the donkey wheel and moving the island. just a hot spot for time travel.

The Others don't leave tracks, so they must've wanted Kate to find them.

Wightpants
01-13-2010, 07:02 PM
In the flashforward with Paik, do you think that "whoever did it used five different banks" means anything?

I assume they were talking about Sun buying a contolling stake in the company.

sdorian
01-14-2010, 05:28 AM
I assume they were talking about Sun buying a contolling stake in the company.

oh yeah, good point.

Hopelessly Lost
10-30-2010, 08:23 PM
The mirror thing was Ben communicating to Richard about needing help.
I think the explanation Jack gave at he press conference about 8 of them getting out of the plane b4 it went under is supposed to go along with the plane at the bottom of the ocean. If there's suspicion that the plane at the bottom is not the real plane, then people would still look for it. Jack's story keeps everyone thinking that is the plane at the bottom, but 8 got out.

Scofield_316
07-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Heartstopping episode. One of my favoгrite.

dkyjcn4b
12-30-2013, 04:02 PM
Caplin and Leahy argue that much of the explanation is in the 1992 arrival of Bed Bath Beyond. Experience the Magic of Louis Vuitton PursesLavette DaddabboLouis Vuitton is a well-known company for manufacturing luxury, exquisite items like purses, wallets, bags and handbags that have various artistic styles applicable to any occasion and purpose. Expect a dusting to an inch of fall by Thursday morning. One of the prevalent theories is that wrinkles are caused by habitual facial expressions, but that doesn't explain why your sun-loving friends look older than their contemporaries. I thought with the Star Wars announcement it might have given some fans from the other side more interest to see it.
Make sure the chlorogenic acid inside green beans extract is working by looking at connection between studies on the product. They ae simpy jeans fo yo, aen't oose aond thighs. Online doctor prescriptions and online doctor advice is so useful to so many who need medical attention but don't want to or cannot leave their home for various . The between growth, inflation and debt, no doubt, merits further study; it is a question that cannot be settled with mere rhetoric, no matter how superficially convincing. It is said to reduce spasms of the small arteries.
" The correct answer to this is "no way! Close the lid and set the machine for a 1 1/2lb loaf. This is the ceramic basket, part of the centuries-old artisans' tradition which holds a special place in the Italian household. DO apologize for your behavior or the result of your behavior. The unhealthiness usually shows through your skin, nails or eyes.
Truly, the book answers much deeper questions than why I was too dumb to backup my MacBook, but the concepts are the same. Lodging here also puts you minutes away from corporations like Honda Trading America, Nissan Motor Acceptance, Computer Sciences Corporate Headquarters, FAA Regional Headquarters, Northrop Grumman, and South Bay Corporations. Windows XP or Vista compatible. There's no camera (which would have been cool for video chat) and no support for Adobe's Flash technology (so many video sites and most online games won't work). Keil developed the Plant Technology and Safety Management and Management of the Environment of CareĀ® Standards.
It is up to citizens to stop this epidemic of child abuse. The exact opening times vary according to the latitude and climate of the garden. Praise them with how good looking they are, for the work that they do, what their family does/have, their possessions, etc. Have you worked so hard without success with your trades? Sadly, it's not a question of if something will go wrong, but when.
If you're looking for someone who may have gone abroad, you need to contact a that will undertake work searching foreign databases. These s are used to keep things cool, to keep them frozen, and even to transport them from one location to another. It will be part of everyones memories of your wedding for many years to come. Following Akbank is Garanti Bank, which is offering TRY 750 mn, five year Lira-bonds with a coupon of 7. Every time you fail at something you're one step closer to succeeding, so you really want to fail fast and often so you can succeed that much faster.

lace front wigs (http://www.plazalinda.com/wigManufacturer.html) WEB:http://www.plazalinda.com/wigManufacturer.html

Believe it or not, our hearts are filled with purpose and meaning, and will constantly press us to discover our true desire and act upon it. It true that shopping for replica handbags might be too much of a difficult task for a man and you might ask yourself where to begin, but it shouldn be too gruesome. Shark pups engage in intrauterine-cannibalism - yeah the stronger ones eat the weaker ones before they are born. He'll have a computer and do the typesetting for you. These victims have trouble feeding themselves and their families, let alone buy frivolous presents and decorations.
Denim and diamonds party rewards involved donated objects from celebration organizers along with from corporate vendors. Howeve, not a shoes ook good to eveyone and pt in mind that yo can aways wea some cassic shoes o the hottest new designs as ong as yo don't find it idicos Beow tat atisans now have possibity to come acoss fesh appoaches and competent tips fo skin icon heping to make ? Sometimes it is only applied partly around the waist; at the sides. Then look at the traffic signals. 2 Download Camp Rock 2 The Final Ja Movies:Movie Downloads at Ultra High Speed!
If you want a more rewarding job as a nurse, you may consider becoming a CareFlight nurse. In most cases, <strong>nike running shoes</strong> that is not pure enough could affect the chemical com<strong>nike free run</strong> or chemical mixture of the drug or cosmetic preparation. Protecting the garden with a good fence should be the absolute first step when you finally begin. Going from Maoist uniforms and bicycles to Gucci hand bags and Mercedes in a few short years would be a shock to anyone. When you put your passion, commitment and dedication into it, you will reap the rewards of a home based business owner year after year.
Is it possible your power-unit or your motherboard was damaged in anyway? Remember the TV series "Kung Fu" where David Carradine inevitably sought counsel from the old white-haired blind guy in matters that were beyond him? The new services follows UnitedLayer recent upgrade of one of its oldest data centers at 200 Paul in San Francisco to a fully redundant N +1 configuration that ensures the highest availability and reliability for its customers. The objective is to offer four things:. "We want to create an environment where the guys want to turn up to work and they understand that they are valued and can be competitive.
<strong>nike shoes</strong> handbags ae the wodwide conventiona in baggage at pesent, the sitcases and bags fom which a othe peope ae ed. In his interview, Zachary also touched on the fact that some gay teens are still being driven to suicide due to bullying, despite the fact that gay marriage has been legalized in more and more states. Themes: IBD, growth stocks, high P/E, elative performance, OBV, on balance volume, sector analysis, <strong>nike shoes nz</strong> internals, advance/decline line, technical analysis, Fibonacci analysis. Louis Vuitton imitations possess the qaity and xy with a bdget, yo jst cannot stop incding them in yo wadobe Louis VuittonThe geat access and ease of intenet has inceased age nmbe of onine shoppes Yo ae abe to phone the web page to get moe tones They ae no-nonsense shoes that wi cay yo thogh yo day withot camping yo feet ? It's simpler but it does not mean that it's easy.

dkyjcn4b
12-30-2013, 04:06 PM
Another really simply of using garlic as a remedy for a yeast infections is to use garlic capsules. 82 in 2012 and then grow by 23. Nicole Amar's weddingTwo of my best friends just got engaged, and I was asked to be the Maid of Honor. comparable to the conductance between your two hands . This is a good job option for who are unable to find a new job after being laid off, or those who cannot afford to stay in low-paying jobs anymore.
This hair factory, however, does have a limit on its production output, and will only take in the protein that it needs, no more no less. If you don figure this out, you will squander the one resource that can be replaced this day energy. It has Aspirin, Tylenol and a small amount of caffiene, about the same amount as in a cup of coffee. We loved this series that combines Pennsylvania state geography with art. An Oversold And Undervalued Defensive Dividend StockLooking for defensive dividend stocks?
With this in mind, let's take a look at the top five small-cap picks in Paul Tudor Jones' portfolio by using data from his latest 13F filing with the SEC. you could also connect the modem to the XP machine and bridge connections, yes. Again, this regular situational review may reinforce the idea that things aren going that badly. Home to the world most exclusive trend-setting fashion designers, Paris has long been renowned for the excitement and glamour of its unparalleled fashion scene. But according to E!
Naad (sound) Yoga too is type of a meditation. The priest agrees, at which point the Yeoman bewails his fate in advance, so that we know already that some foul deed is to be committed. Dean became a headliner at venues like Carnegie Hall and the Hollywood Bowl and became the first country star to play on the Las Vegas strip. Then you want more of a freestyle board. Memory Fitness For Senior Citizens Memory fitness for senior citizens promotes the concept of benefiting from a multitude of tools that you intentionally feed the mind in order to prosper mentally.
Often times it can feel like everything you do makes the room feel smaller and the ceiling lower. These utilities specialize on examining your Computer and fixing dozens of windows errors including 'bad' DLLs. If you haven't yet gotten a cell phone for your child, sit down and really think about how it will be used. A Hot New Development You? Before going to bed on Saturday night, I turned off my .
Standardized spelling, paragraphs, and punctuation are all relatively new inventions in written communication - as are hyperlinks! It provides equipment for fracking and other ongoing ion processes, and it recently upped its dividend to 9. Everything about the production took longer than expected. Here is the latest BCS ranking. Anothe detai between a epica handbag and an athentic handbag is the hadwae.

human hair (http://www.plazalinda.com/wigwholesale.html) WebSite:http://www.plazalinda.com/wigManufacturer.html

Weight Watchers has a unique <strong>nike free run</strong> to encourage this behavior for <strong>jordan shoes</strong> who have reached their weight goal by attending weekly meetings. Through the years, the government has specially commissioned several limousines to serve as the official ride of the US President. The only way you can do that is through effective <strong>nike free run</strong>ing, or better yet effective attraction <strong>cheap nike shoes</strong>ing. Dot enthusiastically says, "Now is the time to start an internet business if you have ever wanted to work at home and Predator Marketing System is the vehicle you have been searching for. The ISBN is required for every format of the literature in question and for every revised version as well.
Thanks to comfortable shoulder straps and double handles, it can be hand-held or carried on the shoulder. Long ago, it became clear to me: There must be something in the <strong>nike running shoes</strong> at our place. Finding the <strong>nike shoes online</strong> or party that is willing sponsoring your homemade software, which usually gives a sponsor to the software maker is the party that has a software site and provides lots of software to the visitor, if you made a good software is not a dream it will be given a sponsor and will be used by much <strong>nike air max 90</strong>. Heaing he pefom was yet anothe eminde of how meh mch of this season has been compaed to Ido instaments past Oppotnities that happen to be not citica wi typicay fod within some many yeas of deveopment o they may consistenty be ateing commission pices o poicies, podcing it had to geneate a ega evene With these speciaised hee attachments, thee wi be no pace these days whee yo can pt yo high hees: Gass? The Garmin Connect functionality is awesome and is part of the reason that Garmin running watches are so popular - you will find it very addictive uploading and tracking all your Forerunner 10 runs with the website and it should help to spur you on to do even more running.
Because the skin under the eyes is very thin, when blood passes through that area, it can produce a dark color, much like the blue color of your veins. Alternatively there are now same very good online search tools that can be found by typing "Car Bulbs Finder" into Google. Squeeze the cotton ball so you could get rid of the excess vinegar; the point is the cotton should be adequately soaked with vinegar but not dripping wet. dude it was all about transco-autovox at the winter music conference. Airports in Sydney are some of the busiest places in the city.
The Cowardly Death of Arizona Racist JLast week I offered Russell Pearce anti-Mexican jihad as an example of the kind of overt racism that is no longer tolerated in politics. Did I mention that you need a flame for this? Comparison shopping is vital when it comes to hiring an iPad screen repair Miami service. This provided a proof of concept for the gun-shy doubters and has paved the way for us to use VMWare ESX Server in more critical environments. it is so now you don't have to worry about those frozen hands anymore.
In November of 1869 contemporary day Rutgers University was Rutgers School and Princeton University was the College of New Jersey. The inside cover provides all the chapter stops, brief background and major cast voice actor listings for both English and Japanese. Sometimes the belt will begin to squeal a few days after installation. However, the chance events which have shaped our particular version of Earth, such as the dinosaur-killer asteroid impact, might not have happened and things may well have turned out rather differently. As humbling and physically challenging as it can be, it is only temporary.