PDA

View Full Version : s6 CLUES FROM POSTER HUNT-WARNING SPOILERS

Just Thinking
12-17-2009, 12:43 AM
So we've got the last poster and some video stills from the Spin reveal that may give us S6 clues-

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv350/sueandrea/16poster.gif

Here's the poster, and some close ups are on ARgs at http://www.lostargs.com/

Darlton have said there are 2 clues in the poster, one being the Ankh torch that Hurley is carrying. The glyphs in the sky seem to be from the Swan station, and there is a small plane in the clouds with two red dots on it. There is discussion about the lower right figure- that it might not be Richard or Ben- but might be the new figure seen in the Spin still.

IChangedTheRules
12-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Have we seen all of those Dharma symbols before? (yea, I know "enough Dharma arready!") I can't get a close-up of too many of those.

Just Thinking
12-17-2009, 01:16 AM
His is patmc's closer look at the bottom of the one given away-http://twitpic.com/tpzot

scruff_uk
12-17-2009, 07:55 AM
I really don't understand how the ankh torch is a clue. Either it's the ankh itself that's the clue - which isn't much of a clue, considering we saw at least three ankhs in one episode - or it's the fact that Hurley's holding it. Maybe this one will make sense after S6?

As for the other clue, I've got no idea. Could be the figure in the bottom-right? Also Lostargs have some close-ups of it, and there's definitely a tiny letter F hidden on the T in LOST. Don't know what that means.

28Down
12-17-2009, 05:03 PM
so i don't know if this means anything, but i've been staring at this poster for like 15 minutes now.

characters who are dead seem to be facing one way (posters right): charlie, daniel, shannon, ana lucia, and mr. eko.

other characters who are alive are facing the opposite way (posters left).

so there are a couple problems w/ this theory: ben and kate are facing the right, and michael and boone are facing the left.

so, maybe my theory is wrong, but maybe kate and ben are dead!

(i know, this is probably ridiculous, but it's all i could come up with).

mn77393
12-17-2009, 07:20 PM
so i don't know if this means anything, but i've been staring at this poster for like 15 minutes now.

characters who are dead seem to be facing one way (posters right): charlie, daniel, shannon, ana lucia, and mr. eko.

other characters who are alive are facing the opposite way (posters left).

so there are a couple problems w/ this theory: ben and kate are facing the right, and michael and boone are facing the left.

so, maybe my theory is wrong, but maybe kate and ben are dead!

(i know, this is probably ridiculous, but it's all i could come up with).

i think i mentioned this same thing in the dc&pb thread. considering kate's eyes are facing toward the "alive" side, i think it's a tough call to say she might be dead (maybe she will die, though). you also forgot that walt is facing the "dead" side, and he is probably not dead, while john locke is facing straight ahead (as are sawyer, jin, and sayid). also, juliet's being alive would probably involve a reset. i think jacob's followers are more on the left side, while MIB's followers are more on the right side (vincent has been a bad dog :p). there seem to be exceptions, though.

i think the ankh-torch in hurley's hand suggests that he will be guiding the way for jacob's side. after all, hurley's ability to communicate with the dead means jacob could relay information to his followers through hurley. maybe it's time for hugo to be the king, as his last name suggests :p

28Down
12-17-2009, 07:34 PM
. also, juliet's being alive would probably involve a reset.

eh...i don't know the rules exactly about spoilers (i'm new here) but there is an article on tv guide (i think) where carlton or damon (or both) mention something about this. um...i guess that's all i can say for now.

Just Thinking
12-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Here is the link to Args Spin City video and stills- scroll down a little-http://www.lostargs.com/2009/11/barracks-round-up.html

Some thought the the Asian character may be the figure lower right in poster 16. I don't think the hair looks right though.

KerrMetric
12-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Is it me or does the figure in the bottom right resemble Richard Alpert?

Just Thinking
12-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah- Richard isn't anywhere else- the hair and clothes look right- looks like he is carrying a rifle.

About the small "F"- for "Found" as in the 16th will be found? (The poster hunt was announced with -"15 will be Lost the 16th will be Found")

The division into two sides might be right-2 torches on either side- also 2 smoke monsters on either side. Could Jacob and MIB both have their own?

Sox Girl
12-18-2009, 02:09 PM
How many stations have we seen? There are 16 symbols shown across the bottom. Somehow I don't recall nearly that many. Could this be the clue?

island
12-18-2009, 04:37 PM
havent seen this asked anywhere - not sure where i should... but...

what is the deal with the "squashed" looking statue at the gallery...

As in... all of the unique tawaret/sobeks have been painted, a couple have had bits changed, but the one looks like a fat buddah crocodile/king koopa.???

is it just an artists "vision" or is it somthing else? clue to different statue in s6?

or am i being stupid... again... :)

Just Thinking
12-18-2009, 05:21 PM
How many stations have we seen? There are 16 symbols shown across the bottom. Somehow I don't recall nearly that many. Could this be the clue?

Here is Rev Millos high res photo of the litho poster he got at the G88 show. You can see all the logos on the bottom- some of them are from the 70's DI- like the school and the motorpool. I think they all are accounted for. The LU Dec 16 tutorial is all about the stations and patches- and they are all there.

http://dcaapb.com/poster16/posterversion.jpg

Just Thinking
12-18-2009, 05:28 PM
havent seen this asked anywhere - not sure where i should... but...

what is the deal with the "squashed" looking statue at the gallery...

As in... all of the unique tawaret/sobeks have been painted, a couple have had bits changed, but the one looks like a fat buddah crocodile/king koopa.???

is it just an artists "vision" or is it somthing else? clue to different statue in s6?

or am i being stupid... again... :)

I think when people were trying to decide what Tawaret was supposed to look like, because the name was in a script, someone found a fat statue like that named Tawaret. They said sometimes the same gods were depicted differently? Will have to see If I can find that picture.

REDSHIRT FOREVER
12-20-2009, 10:32 PM
eh...i don't know the rules exactly about spoilers (i'm new here) but there is an article on tv guide (i think) where carlton or damon (or both) mention something about this. um...i guess that's all i can say for now.

The rules are pretty simple.

Rule 1)-Anything about a episode that has not yet aired is a spoiler.
Rule 2)-Spoilers can only be posted in the spoiler forum.

NMaudlin
12-21-2009, 04:11 AM
I really don't understand how the ankh torch is a clue. Either it's the ankh itself that's the clue - which isn't much of a clue, considering we saw at least three ankhs in one episode - or it's the fact that Hurley's holding it. Maybe this one will make sense after S6?

As for the other clue, I've got no idea. Could be the figure in the bottom-right? Also Lostargs have some close-ups of it, and there's definitely a tiny letter F hidden on the T in LOST. Don't know what that means.

As a member of the Spoiled I can personally assure you that Hurley and the Ankh will make sense after S6. ;)

Just Thinking
12-21-2009, 02:43 PM
As a member of the Spoiled I can personally assure you that Hurley and the Ankh will make sense after S6. ;)

OK- but don't tell us - we just want to guess, not to know!

DJCowboy
12-21-2009, 10:48 PM
The more I stare at this poster, I can't help but feel a striking similarity to those old "puzzles" where there is some drawn out picture that has hidden items in it that you need to find, some are more out in the open than others and others that are like drawn within larger parts of the picture

Hollow Point
12-22-2009, 01:27 PM
This don't might be something important, but Sayid is two times on the poster: One big version and then one time carrying dead Shannon.

Just Thinking
12-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Here is what we should look for according to TPTB-

TVGuide.com: We hear there are some little hints in the final poster. What should fans take away from viewing this?
Cuse: I think you should look in there and there will be a couple of clues to the final season that are embedded in that poster. It will make a lot of sense once you've actually seen a few episodes of the show.
Lindelof: You should look at the poster and think of the things you've seen on the show, and then whatever else is left, that's a clue for Season 6.

PsYfY
12-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Things I noticed that we haven't seen before on the show...

Jack alone at the crash site. He came out of the jungle in the pilot, but in the picture he is seen alone at the crash site.

Richard at the crash site. As far as we know, Richard was never at the crash site.

Less confident on this one, but I don't recall the scene with the person in the hazmat suit dragging what appears to be a body.

silentounce
12-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Things I noticed that we haven't seen before on the show...

Jack alone at the crash site. He came out of the jungle in the pilot, but in the picture he is seen alone at the crash site.

Richard at the crash site. As far as we know, Richard was never at the crash site.

Less confident on this one, but I don't recall the scene with the person in the hazmat suit dragging what appears to be a body.

Good call on the first two, but the third was when Kelvin found Desmond.

Although, after Jack did come back to the beach there is a shot of him standing in roughly the same position if I recall correctly. Here's the first few minutes of LOST as a refresher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mdZeJsuHns

See around 7:40.

scruff_uk
12-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Yeah, I think the Jack thing was just an iconic moment, and they isolated him rather than including the whole scene.

I'm very intrigued by the person in the bottom-right, whether that's Richard or someone else.

Can't work out if double Sayid and double Shannon is supposed to be a clue or whether it's just lazy poster construction :confused:

alwayslost01
12-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I think the Jack thing was just an iconic moment, and they isolated him rather than including the whole scene.

I'm very intrigued by the person in the bottom-right, whether that's Richard or someone else.

Can't work out if double Sayid and double Shannon is supposed to be a clue or whether it's just lazy poster construction :confused:

It's not lazy poster construction in the slightest. Loads of artists do that, and it's very much in Stout's style. Check out his 'Warriors' movie print, he has the same character on that three times - all from different scenes.

I'm pretty sure really well known artists don't have 'lazy poster construction'. :rolleyes: ;)

IMO, the second clue (the first being the Ankh) is the Flight815 plane going overhead in the clouds perfectly fine (top right). Though it'll be a whole lot easier tell when I have the print actually in my hand to check out.

And, just for the discussion, I totally think that's Richard down on the bottom right - just watching how everything unfolds. After all, he did watch them all 'die' in '77.

scruff_uk
12-23-2009, 11:23 AM
It's not lazy poster construction in the slightest. Loads of artists do that, and it's very much in Stout's style. Check out his 'Warriors' movie print, he has the same character on that three times - all from different scenes.

I'm pretty sure really well known artists don't have 'lazy poster construction'. :rolleyes: ;)

IMO, the second clue (the first being the Ankh) is the Flight815 plane going overhead in the clouds perfectly fine (top right). Though it'll be a whole lot easier tell when I have the print actually in my hand to check out.

And, just for the discussion, I totally think that's Richard down on the bottom right - just watching how everything unfolds. After all, he did watch them all 'die' in '77.

Well the wonderful thing about art is that the quality is in the eye of the beholder. And as good as the poster is, I don't like that the same two characters are in it twice in such close proximity. Say for example I was making a photo collage - I would go out of my way to avoid doing something like that. 'Tis just my opinion, no need to use the infuriating :rolleyes: emoticon ;)

815 is possible, I guess, but we have seen it flying through the air just fine, seconds before it tore apart.

I dunno, I'm guessing that these clues won't make any sense to us until we've actually seen S6 :)

PsYfY
12-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Although, after Jack did come back to the beach there is a shot of him standing in roughly the same position if I recall correctly.

See around 7:40.

Yea I had thought of that but considering the talks of a reset, maybe Jack somehow is left there alone at the crash site

Blackadder
12-23-2009, 11:19 PM
That's definitely Richard at the bottom - it looks like he's carrying the same shoulder bag he had in "The Brig."

Just Thinking
12-24-2009, 04:01 AM
That's definitely Richard at the bottom - it looks like he's carrying the same shoulder bag he had in "The Brig."

It could well be Richard- don't see him anywhere else. He does seem to have a rifle though if you look at the hi res picture- could have both bag and rifle.

Blackadder
12-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Hmm, maybe it is a rifle. :o

Anyway, the figure has Richard's hair and I don't see Richard anywhere else. So it's him. :p

The question is: why is Richard by himself, looking at the others? Is he the evil mastermind, or impartial observer, or what? :confused:

lostfan308
12-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Anybody know whats in claire's pocket? I noticed that smokey is coming from two different directions. Could that be a hint that there's two separate entities( I.E Mr. x and smokey)? Does anybody know if thats a person right below the "T"? Oh, and i think i know why the "ankh torch" is a clue.

Safety Scissors
12-31-2009, 04:44 AM
I think it's a statue of Mary in Claire's pocket.

Just Thinking
12-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Here's the hi res photo again-http://dcaapb.com/poster16/posterversion.jpg.

I didn't see a pocket really, but the Mary statue is there.

Now that I look closer, the smoke monster seems to circle the group, as it continues in and out along the bottom from one side to the other.

There is a group of people under the T that look like the Tailies with Eko.

lostfan308
12-31-2009, 06:11 PM
^tanks. The only other clue i see is the hieroglyphs in the sky. but you really cant see them. Anybody have any ideas about the "ankh"? I think hurley holding in the pic because its in his guitar case. But i dont see why it would be in there.

tom-sawyer
01-01-2010, 05:04 PM
I don't think we've seen this before, but theres a lot of bodies situated underneath the 'T'. I doubt it's anything to do with the bodies that were from the wreckage, because they're sort of half in the river, in front of the raft.

lostfan308
01-02-2010, 02:28 AM
Im pretty sure those are the tailies.

Just Thinking
01-04-2010, 02:49 PM
The alternate reality discussion has been raging in the main forum, and it made me think about the small plane in the clouds. I had been leaning toward the idea that there might be an AR that just shows what would have happened if 815 did not crash, so maybe the intact plane going over the island is a clue to say that we will see this.

Archipelago
01-07-2010, 02:10 AM
Could the plane in the sky with the red be the Ajira flight? Ajira had a red logo.

Just Thinking
01-07-2010, 02:42 AM
That was my first thought too- but someone said it wasn't the right kind of plane. Here's Lostpedia's pic of it http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ajira_Flight_316.

This looks like it has 2 engines, and I think the poster one has 4. maybe the artist wouldn't have been that particular though.

Archipelago
01-07-2010, 03:22 AM
Thanks JT. I wonder if it could simply be an inclusive nod to the plane the O6 flew on?

smssilent
01-07-2010, 05:38 AM
There are gray dots around the rod dot on the tail of the plane, so it looks like it is an oceanic plane.

Intereo
01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
I think Jack will be the only one (form the losties) that will stay on the island. He stands there very isolated. And I am very curious about the other dharma logo's. Especially the Bunny, the blank one, the star, and the third one from the right.

scruff_uk
01-07-2010, 01:22 PM
And I am very curious about the other dharma logo's. Especially the Bunny, the blank one, the star, and the third one from the right.

The bunny is the Looking Glass
The star is the DHARMA Security logo
The blank one is either the Pearl or the standard DHARMA logo (not looking at the pic, so I'm a bit unsure what you mean by 'blank'.. and consequently I can't help with the last one, either :))

Just Thinking
01-07-2010, 01:30 PM
The "blank" logo is the Pearl and third from the right with the wave is the Tempest I believe. The tutorial section of Lost university has a "Hatches and Patches" section that shows them. You can see it here- http://www.lostuniversity.org/tutoring.php

Safety Scissors
01-18-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm sure this has been speculated elsewhere, but perhaps this poster suggests that Hurley will take Jacob's place on the island. We know that Jacob is associated with Egyptian things (and is dead), and now we have a picture of Hurley "carrying the torch" with an ankh in it. Since Hurley can speak to dead people, I anticipate a scene in which Jacob informs Hurley of his new duties and perhaps gives some guidance.

Blackadder
01-18-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm sure this has been speculated elsewhere, but perhaps this poster suggests that Hurley will take Jacob's place on the island. We know that Jacob is associated with Egyptian things (and is dead), and now we have a picture of Hurley "carrying the torch" with an ankh in it. Since Hurley can speak to dead people, I anticipate a scene in which Jacob informs Hurley of his new duties and perhaps gives some guidance.

This is pretty much what I expect will happen. ;)

Keep in mind that Hurley was the only character that Jacob approached openly and more or less honestly. Hurley also has significant paranormal abilities. All in all, it seems pretty likely to me that Hurley is the "chosen one." :)

I wonder, though, if Walt was Jacob's first choice as a replacement, but proved unsuitable for some reason. Maybe he was too young?

LandoLakes
01-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Does anybode know what happened to that painting of the Man In Black in an office-like setting? I thought it was so awesome, but now I'm not seeing it on any Lost sites, but I'd love to find it again. Was it not part of the ARG?

Just Thinking
01-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Landolakes- it was at the final art show of the poster sale ARG. It was at Gallery 1988 in LA- here is link to it and the other pieces from the show in December. http://www.lostundergroundartshow.blogspot.com/

SluggoVonPunch
01-29-2010, 07:13 PM
I think it's a statue of Mary in Claire's pocket.

hmm, i thought she was just happy to see me.

LandoLakes
01-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Landolakes- it was at the final art show of the poster sale ARG. It was at Gallery 1988 in LA- here is link to it and the other pieces from the show in December. http://www.lostundergroundartshow.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Jacob'sWiseOldMother
02-02-2010, 06:39 PM

I guess I disagree and think that Hurley will only be the way that Jacob can relay his thoughts after being killed by Ben. What I find interesting about this poster is that there is another flame directly behind John's picture and so I associate the flame that Hurley carries could also signify that Hurley will be communicating with John's dead body too. We have never been told that Hurley is special or chosen so I don't think that he could take Jacob's place on the island at all.

Just Thinking
02-06-2010, 01:18 AM
In case you didn't see LA X yet-

I think maybe we have our answer to the clues now- as the ankh was in the guitar case and the intact plane over the island was the "other" flight landing in LA in the premier

hoem315
03-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Aesthetic without being empty, plain and elegant without losing.

crystalloverr
03-15-2010, 11:12 AM
i think who is facing to the right gonna take john locke (MIB) side and the one to the left where hurly facing will be in jacob's team.

pinkjerry2010
03-24-2010, 02:48 AM
i think who is facing to the right gonna take john locke (MIB) side and the one to the left where hurly facing will be in jacob's team.

o going from the stock ebc that only allows 9 lbs of boost in first gear, to the agp wastegate and a mbc that has to b a set psi which would obviously b around 15 or 16 psi with just the ms1 (no flash or clamp), wouldnt that b even harder to not spin the tires and potentially be slower?

*Bernard*
04-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Didn't anyone notice that Sayid is on there twice?! isnt that a serious hint??

manu4749
01-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Good Job Thank For All!