PDA

View Full Version : Promo in Jan 29 EW!

JacobsLather
01-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Did anybody else see this booklet yet? It starts with a message from Darlton:

">: January 2010

>: To the LOST viewers:

>: As we approach the end of LOST, first and foremost we want to thank you - the fans.

>: The fact that we are able to make a show that is dense, complex, mythologically rich and even intentionally ambiguous defies much of the conventional wisdom about what's possible on TV, and it's only possible because of your commitment and support. We are beyond grateful.

>: The essence of life is in the journey, and we are very excited to share the final chapter of that journey with you starting on February 2.

Peace and Namaste,

Damon and Carlton"

I love how they didn't even put their last names and titles. They know that the fans know who they are. :)

Anyway, it goes on to have tons of clue-riddled pics of each character (can anyone post hi-res scans??), strung together with the following:

"Is destiny a matter of change, or a matter of choice?" (Jack and Kate pics.)

"...something to be waited for, or something to be achieved?" (Ben and Locke)

"If everything is determined, the beginning as well as the end, then are there any forces over which we have control?" (Sayid and Hurley)

"Is it faith that guides us to our final fate? Or science that holds truth?" (Sun and Jin)

"If we are the people we were meant to become..." (Sawyer & Juliet)

"...then how will our destiny end?" (Charlie, Daniel, Boone, and Jacob in black and white...and Richard standing in front, in color...)

OMG, this is the best issue of EW evar! :D

GOBernardGO
01-25-2010, 04:20 PM
this is considered a spoiler, no?

white tennis shoe
01-25-2010, 04:24 PM
I think there are scans on DarkUFO. There was another booklet (a different one) in People magazine this week too, I think -- also with scans on DarkUFO.

LEHLegacy
01-25-2010, 04:26 PM
I have the issue - it's not spoilery at all. Some cool pics with that text on it. It's really cool.

JacobsLather
01-25-2010, 04:31 PM
this is considered a spoiler, no?

Stop trying to get me in trouble, GoBie! :rolleyes:

You've had it out for me from the beginning, admit it. :cool::)

GOBernardGO
01-25-2010, 04:33 PM
I think this is considered a spoiler :(

From the spoiler policy:

What is considered a spoiler:

Any information on future episodes released from ABC such as press releases, promo photos, and previews.
Any information about casting/cast lists.
Any information on future episodes talked about during the Official Lost podcasts.
Any information on future episodes gathered from the Lost DVDs.
Any information on future episodes gathered from magazine articles, TV Guide, or any other publication.
Any information on future episodes released via cast or crew.
Information regarding whether an episode is a flashback or flashforward.
Any thing that has not yet been aired.

I could totally be understandng it wrong, but these are promo photos....... I just don't want people getting in trouble for posting spoilers when they're totally not trying to :)

Stop trying to get me in trouble, GoBie! :rolleyes:

You've had it out for me from the beginning, admit it. :cool::)
just trying to prevent you getting in trouble, IF it is a spoiler ;)

white tennis shoe
01-25-2010, 04:34 PM
I guess maybe you could consider it a spoiler but it doesn't really say anything about future episodes :p

GOBernardGO
01-25-2010, 04:36 PM
I guess maybe you could consider it a spoiler but it doesn't really say anything about future episodes :p
that's why I'm not sure :o

anyway, I don't want this thread to get turned into a "is it a spoiler is it not a spoiler" discussion, the mods will remove it if it is a spoiler....Moving ON!!!! :D

Simon
01-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Can someone send me a link (by PM if you're unsure about this spoiler debate) to these scans? I want to see if they're recent photographs or not and I can't find them on DarkUFO or by Google searching.

white tennis shoe
01-25-2010, 04:39 PM

I'd say there's nothing spoilery about it. I mean, is the poster that says "The Final Season" a spoiler? Or the last supper Lost picture? No, and I don't think this is either. Just my opinion though -- and I'm no mod here.

LEHLegacy
01-25-2010, 04:41 PM

anyway, I don't want this thread to get turned into a "is it a spoiler is it not a spoiler" discussion, the mods will remove it if it is a spoiler....Moving ON!!!! :D

yea, there is a thread in the MF over the meaning of the released title of 6.01 and 6.02. Trust me, the title is 1,000,0000x more spoilery than these images, mainly b/c these pics aren't so.

GOBernardGO
01-25-2010, 04:42 PM
I'd say there's nothing spoilery about it. I mean, is the poster that says "The Final Season" a spoiler? Or the last supper Lost picture? No, and I don't think this is either. Just my opinion though -- and I'm no mod here.

considering the last supper photo thread (http://forum.lostpedia.com/lost-supper-t44977.html?t=44977&highlight=lost+supper) was moved to the spoiler section, I'd say its considered a spoiler ;) :p

/thread jacking :o

Simon
01-25-2010, 04:45 PM
The only thing that feels spoilery to me is the cast listing. Then again, I feel you'd have to be living under a rock to not know things like the name of the premier or who's in the cast this year.

orsonkidd
01-25-2010, 04:47 PM
in before the move :)

JacobsLather
01-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Wow, didn't expect all the spoiler talk. If this is considered a spoiler, then I might as well leave the forums altogether. :( Was the cast pic with One-Foot Faraday considered a spoiler last season? This is on par with that.

Obviously I didn't mean to spoil anyone (!:frown:!), but if the mods deem it a spoiler, so be it. Kinda seems at this point like we should have a separate "spoiler-sanitized" forum for the extreme purists.

GOBernardGO
01-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Wow, didn't expect all the spoiler talk. If this is considered a spoiler, then I might as well leave the forums altogether. :( Was the cast pic with One-Foot Faraday considered a spoiler last season? This is on par with that.

I don't think it was last year, but they did make changes to the spoiler policy since then so its certainly possible that it used to not be a spoiler but now is :)

JacobsLather
01-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Ugh, this is why I hate politics. :rolleyes::)

GOBernardGO
01-25-2010, 04:55 PM
nah....I don't mind it b/c I appreciate their diligent efforts to keep this place spoiler free...
last year it was a circus, I read WAY more spoilers than I cared to :( this year the MF has been a LOT safer :)

well done mods!! :D :p

Simon
01-25-2010, 04:57 PM
It's confusing though. Is saying Matthew Fox will be in Season 6 considered a spoiler? :p

I suppose the main cast from S5 is not a spoiler, but any returning or new cast members is?

MagicBox
01-25-2010, 05:07 PM
It's confusing though. Is saying Matthew Fox will be in Season 6 considered a spoiler? :p

I suppose the main cast from S5 is not a spoiler, but any returning or new cast members is?

What?! There's returning cast?! YOU COMPLETELY RUINED EVERYTHING!

Louie Island Pig Rep
01-25-2010, 05:11 PM
I would suggest that if anybody wants to remain spoiler free prior to the season opener, you stay away from ALL these forum boards! LOL

JacobsLather
01-25-2010, 05:13 PM
I would suggest that if anybody wants to remain spoiler free prior to the season opener, you stay away from ALL these forum boards! LOL

Also don't watch the "previously on LOST" before the episode, or the episode itself. Also, be sure not to turn your TV on.

Or go outside.

Or open your eyes.

REDSHIRT FOREVER
01-25-2010, 05:14 PM
While I do think some people go overboard in their desire to be totally spoilerfree the policy is what it is. If it reveals something about a future episode it is a spoiler, returning cast does reveal something albeit something small that is almost common knowledge.

And the next week on Lost segment is a spoiler as well but the previously on Lost is not.

NMaudlin
01-25-2010, 05:14 PM

See but then it gets really tricky. What about the S5 deaths? Obviously declaring a Juliet or Faraday return would be a spoiler. So not all S5 main cast is applicable to this theory.

And even more maddening is the episode titles. Because 6x01 has been officially released via ABC MediaNET we are allowed to say "LA X Part 1" in the Main Forum. But all following titles are spoilers. So its perfectly acceptable to talk about "LA X Part 1" but would it be a spoiler to mention that it has a Part 2? Hmmm...

And what exactly IS an episode spoiler? If I were to say something like "Based on everything I've read, I predict my final ranking of the show to be:

S1
S6
S3
S4
S5
S2

be a spoiler? It's so uninformative its hard to imagine but some would argue it is.

The bottom line is if you truly honestly in your heart want to be spoiler free you should stay off the Internet. The policy is catered to you spoilerphobes, as it should be, but what you consider a spoiler (for example, the first title) may not be a spoiler to all of us who haven't been in hiding. And the closer we get, especially now, the more that will be released that for all intents and purposes should bend the rules and be openly discussed in the Main Forum. For Christ sakes, its an EW article with a personal letter to us from the head honchos themselves! If thats a spoiler, then we've crossed that bridge into unrealistic paranoia.

JacobsLather
01-25-2010, 05:20 PM
For Christ sakes, its an EW article with a personal letter to us from the head honchos themselves! If thats a spoiler, then we've crossed that bridge into unrealistic paranoia.

I agreed with you up until the above quote. Then I really agreed! It wasn't even an EW article. It's a Verizon Wireless tie-in promo. It doesn't say anyone is returning, it only has pictures of all the main cast, plus a few that are presumably still dead. Good lord, people.

Like I said, seems like there should be a separate forum for the spoilerphobes and a separate forum for the spoilerphiles--and then a main forum for all of us who just go with the flow. I don't want to have to go to the spoiler zone just to talk about an ABC promotional leaflet! :indignation:

GOBernardGO
01-25-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm not a "crazy anti spoiler" person because I understand the potential to be spoiled on forums.... I finally cracked and found out episode titles,
BUT, a policy is a policy....claiming "you should just stay off the internet" is about as fair as claiming "ALL of lp should be spolier free"
What's wrong with trying to accommodate both?

Also, there IS a minor spoilers forum where people can openly discuss episode titles, centrics etc. :)

GOBernardGO
01-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Edit: double post :o

The issue wasn't the darlton letter, it was the photos

JacobsLather
01-25-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm not a "crazy anti spoiler" person because I understand the potential to be spoiled on forums.... I actually finally cracked anread some of the episode titles,
BUT, a policy is a policy....claiming "you should just stay off the internet" is about as fair as claiming "ALL of LP should be spolier free"
What's wrong with trying to accommodate both? :)

You are a crazy double-poster! :p

Well, once my initial :( and :mad: subsides, I'll be fine. And while I do respect a person's right to not be spoiled, I don't think your comparison is fair. To say "all of LP should be spoiler-free" presumes that there is one standard for spoilers. While theoretically the mods' rules--although a little stringent--should work, in reality it's too easy for people, like me, to post things that no one besides a hardcore spoilerphone would think were spoilers. (Of course, my definition of a hardcore spoilerphobe is obviously biased! :))

Staying off any Lost-related forums or sites really is the best way to prevent unwanted pregnancy--I mean, spoilers. Even non-Lost sites, like EW or even Facebook and Twitter, can be dangerous.

I'm not really kidding about the pregnancy thing; I'd say the argument is similar to abstinence. People say the best way to prevent STD's and pregnancy is to just abstain. Of course, other people will argue "But that's not fair. I still wanna have a little fun!" And the fact of the matter is, if you want it, you have to live with the consequences. :cool:

GOBernardGO
01-25-2010, 06:29 PM
You are a crazy double-poster! :p

Well, once my initial :( and :mad: subsides, I'll be fine. And while I do respect a person's right to not be spoiled, I don't think your comparison is fair. To say "all of LP should be spoiler-free" presumes that there is one standard for spoilers. While theoretically the mods' rules--although a little stringent--should work, in reality it's too easy for people, like me, to post things that no one besides a hardcore spoilerphone would think were spoilers. (Of course, my definition of a hardcore spoilerphobe is obviously biased! )

the thing is, this is a fan forum for LOST fans, not a fan forum for LOST fans who don't mind minor spoilers ;)

and I think my comparison is very valid. Considering there IS a spoiler policy and chances are it has been broken if someone is complaining about a spoiler, saying "you should just stay off the internet if you want to stay spoiler free",,is basically saying "I think spoilers should be allowed to be openly discussed on LP and all you willy nilly's need to get out of here!" .......the flip side of that would be "NO spoilers of ANY KIND should be allowed on LP at all, if you want to be spoiled you can just get out of here!!"

BOTH statements are ridiculous IMO, and I'm sure this is why LP has a spoiler policy....this way ALL fans of LOST can enjoy the forums :)

my cookie cutter response to "you should just stay off the internet" is going to be "you should just post in the spoiler forums!!!!" :p

The bottom line is if you truly honestly in your heart want to be spoiler free you should stay off the Internet. The policy is catered to you spoilerphobes, as it should be, but what you consider a spoiler (for example, the first title) may not be a spoiler to all of us who haven't been in hiding. And the closer we get, especially now, the more that will be released that for all intents and purposes should bend the rules and be openly discussed in the Main Forum. .

wait....so, since you and I *might* disagree on what is or isn't a spoiler, the rules should be bent in your favor??? How is that fair?
We already have NUMEROUS spoiler threads, each being for a different level of spoilers, what more do you want!!!! :p :D

For Christ sakes, its an EW article with a personal letter to us from the head honchos themselves! If thats a spoiler, then we've crossed that bridge into unrealistic paranoia
it was the photos, not the letter