PDA

View Full Version : 06X05 "Lighthouse" (Questions, Theories, Discussion) Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dharma Ranch Dressing
02-23-2010, 05:15 PM
This thread is for discussion of the February 23rd episode: "Lighthouse".

Please see the 6x05 In-show Analysis & Chat thread for general "excitement" comments made during the airing.

For more information on this episode, please visit the Lostpedia Wiki page dedicated to this episode.

Please do not post ANY spoilers in this thread without marking them with the spoiler tags.
This includes any information from Promos - Ads - Trailers that are shown after the episode or at any other time.

For more information on what we consider a spoiler here, please see Lostpedia Forum Spoiler Policy. (http://forum.lostpedia.com/showthread.php?t=41229)

Thanks and enjoy!

deathwish
02-24-2010, 03:07 AM
First ALT story that I actually liked.

Hugo Rocks
02-24-2010, 03:09 AM
OK established:

Claire is cuckoo and scary. Also Team Flocke.
Jack (like Locke) has better life in ALT/LAX reality.
Team Flocke heading to the Temple to beat down some Others.
Also, Sayid must no longer be a candidate since he is now infected, as indicated because Jacob was not concerned about his safety.

hrv1004
That was really good. And Jack-centric at that!

Dharma Ranch Dressing
Yeah, alt Jack was actually likeable.

Edcculus

+1

Also, to someone who said in the in show discussion thread (now locked) that 108 was an arbitrary number so the lighthouse would pass 23: What about the Hatch and the button? Not sure what the ultimate meaning of 108 is, but its obviously not an arbitrary number.

caldwell.the.great
02-24-2010, 03:10 AM
not bad at all. liked the ALT story quite a bit; seemed to connect to the main storyline more closely than all the others.

especially liked the "Welcome All Candidates" sign at the conservatory. And I liked Hugo's interaction with Jacob quite a bit. Frustrating that we aren't seeing more of Claire (or Christian for that matter). We can tell she's crazy... but what of it?

And does anyone want to guess who is coming to the island? My guess is Widmore...

Mister Echo
Remember when Jack accused Christian of boning his wife?

Bet that kid's actually Jack's brother.

Lego
It looks like we have goodguy/badguy pretty established now re: Jacob and MiB.

kintrell

I think we can start referring to the "alt" stories as the epilogue.

jmcchesney428
02-24-2010, 03:11 AM
Do you think David's mother is someone we will know?

Lego
02-24-2010, 03:12 AM
I'm betting David's mother is Julliette. Plus, she hasn't had an alt flash yet.

deathwish
02-24-2010, 03:12 AM

No we can't.

lostaddict12
02-24-2010, 03:13 AM
You know it's a good season when I liked a Kate episode and now I even liked a Jack episode. :eek: The David storyline was cute.

Still, Jack has to do something that annoys me -- destroying the mirrors. That would have been cool... did we ever see what was at 108?

Also liking the Jacob/Hurley interactions, and how he said Jack needed the different way of communication. Some great dialogue/lines this ep.

Crazy Claire is crazy. MIB being her friend, lol... Wondering what Jin has in mind for the temple, does he think they can cure her or something?

Hmm I hadn't really thought about who it is that's coming to the island, yeah I'd definitely guess Widmore. Was wondering when he'd come in.

kintrell
guess we will see

DriveShaftSucks
I liked seeing the caves again. Hurley throwing out his time travel theory about Adam and Eve was pretty funny. I love it when characters theorize like we would.

DriveShaftGroupie
02-24-2010, 03:14 AM
I don't see why Jack still wouldn't have been married to Sarah in an ALT? But that's just me...

deathwish
I know this will be discussed and beaten into the ground throughout the next week, but I just think the mother is Sarah. I was expecting it to be revealed at the end of the episode though...whoever it is.

DriveShaftSucks

Evidence?

lostaddict12
02-24-2010, 03:15 AM
Remember when Jack accused Christian of boning his wife?

Bet that kid's actually Jack's brother.

uh... ew. nah

hmm, hadn't considered that.

Oh yeah seeing Adam and Eve was cool, though I wish we'd gotten a bit more than Hurley's input :p

Hugo Rocks
It seems Jacob clearly wants Jack to take his place. If he wanted Hugo, he wouldn't be taking such care to prime Jack, right? Also, it seems like this is all heading to an ending where Jack takes Jacob's place & Sawyer takes MIB's place. So the longstanding rivalry between them will continue.

Team Flocke will try to recruit Jin as MIB was not sure to whom Kwon candidate referred. But, it could mean Sun who is en route to Temple.

caldwell.the.great
wait a second. someone's coming to the island. Jacob thought a lighthouse would be a good way to get that someone there safely.

what are lighthouses used for typically? ships.
and who do we know and love that came to the island on a ship originally? Desmond.

it's a stretch, i know. but i really want to see him back. he was a favorite of mine.

rplyler1
You know it's a good season when I liked a Kate episode and now I even liked a Jack episode. :eek: The David storyline was cute.

Still, Jack has to do something that annoys me -- destroying the mirrors. That would have been cool... did we ever see what was at 108?

Also liking the Jacob/Hurley interactions, and how he said Jack needed the different way of communication. Some great dialogue/lines this ep.

Crazy Claire is crazy. MIB being her friend, lol... Wondering what Jin has in mind for the temple, does he think they can cure her or something?

Hmm I hadn't really thought about who it is that's coming to the island, yeah I'd definitely guess Widmore. Was wondering when he'd come in.

At 108 was the name Wallace. And at the time that the dial was passing 108, Jack saw what looked like Chinese houses. Not sure what it means though....

ghilliegirl1985
So, we have the Alice in Wonderland reference literally shoved into our faces, and then Jack sees "through the looking glass" into other worlds.... the worlds of all of the other losties.... I feel like that is most definitely significant. :rolleyes:

Hugo Rocks
02-24-2010, 03:16 AM
And does anyone want to guess who is coming to the island? My guess is Widmore...

I'm not sure anyone is coming to the island. That was all a ruse to get Jack to look into the mirror (as explained by Jacob).

kintrell
02-24-2010, 03:17 AM
Evidence?

no evidence needed...if you dont agree thats cool. Time will tell eh?

Hugo Rocks
So, we have the Alice in Wonderland reference literally shoved into our faces, and then Jack sees "through the looking glass" into other worlds.... the worlds of all of the other losties.... I feel like that is most definitely significant. :rolleyes:

Ahhh... good catch. I missed that.

Smokey Crew
Jacob clearly knows more than MIB thinks he knows. Great episode, loved the ALt for the first time actually.

lostaddict12
At 108 was the name Wallace. And at the time that the dial was passing 108, Jack saw what looked like Chinese houses. Not sure what it means though....

At first glance (well, only glance) I thought it looked like some kind of church tower. Which made me think Eloise. But I'm probably way off

PixieLOST
wait a second. someone's coming to the island. Jacob thought a lighthouse would be a good way to get that someone there safely.

what are lighthouses used for typically? ships.
and who do we know and love that came to the island on a ship originally? Desmond.

it's a stretch, i know. but i really want to see him back. he was a favorite of mine.

Desmond came to my mind first also :)

Pene

Not a stretch at all. I fully agree. Des was told by Eloise that the island wasn't done with him yet. Des is "uniquely special" when it comes to the island (per Faraday). We also have heard that Widmore can not return to the island (back to their odd rules). I vote it's Desmond!

Im so Lost
02-24-2010, 03:18 AM
I don't know, "you're mother is out of town" and the fact that she wasn't in the episode at all leads me to believe it isn't as simple as Sarah being David's mom.

Great point about the hatch. The button had to be pushed every 108 minutes, the numbers add up to 108. This number is not insignificant, I am wondering if it points to Desmond somehow since "the rules don't apply to him".

Or maybe I just love me some Desmond and want to create excuses for him to be in the episodes lol

Captain Bunny Killer
02-24-2010, 03:18 AM
It's probably obvious to say this but The Numbers add up to 108. Just sayin'.

I REALLY wish we got to see the other numbers through the mirror (or Looking Glass, perhaps? heh).

So is someone still coming to the island? I think so but, then again, it could have just been Jacob's ruse to bring Jack to The Lighthouse.

armlocks101
02-24-2010, 03:19 AM
I didn't really care for these flashes. Actually, I'm pretty tired of them. Could they just explain what they are already? If I don't even know what the #3!! I'm looking at how am I supposed to care?

I'd bet money it's Widmore coming to the island and since Jacob wants him there it sort of sheds some light on Jacob and Ben's relationship.

OceanicOnFire
02-24-2010, 03:20 AM
My thoughts on The Lighthouse:

Loved it! My favorite scenes were the Hurley/Jacob ones, they just work so well together! I loved the Lighthouse scene, I think this establishes that MIB was wrong when he told Sawyer that the Cave was Jacob's doing...it's pretty obvious now the Lighthouse was his. And now more than ever I believe Jacob is the good guy. And I think he's summoning Desmond there (I think we can all agree we wanna see him back anyway! :D).

Crazy Claire is friends with MIB, that didn't really surprise me as much as it should have.

Team Jacob all the way!!! :cool:

caldwell.the.great
02-24-2010, 03:21 AM
Jacob says, "I guess he'll just have to get here another way" or something like that. It suggests someone is probably coming, but who knows with him. Could've been a ruse, could've been honest AND a ruse...

Desmond pops up once on the plane and then stays gone. I really hope someone is on the way and it is him!

Pene
02-24-2010, 03:22 AM
And at the time that the dial was passing 108, Jack saw what looked like Chinese houses. Not sure what it means though....

Looks like some type of Asian architecture - reminded me of the backdrop from the Jin/Sun wedding scene when Jacob came to them - then goes a little farther and looks like the top of an American style church's bell tower.

Hugo Rocks

I think Jin just wants to get back to the temple bc it is where he thinks the rest of the Losties are. And bc Scary Clairy is loco for cocoa puffs (so to speak).

Again, though I would LOVE for Des to return, maybe no one is coming and Jacob just wanted Jack to see his house in the mirror. So that he would get the sense of Destiny and buy into the pitch that is coming to step up and take Jacob's place as protector of the island.

kintrell
I didn't really care for these flashes. Actually, I'm pretty tired of them. Could they just explain what they are already? If I don't even know what the #3!! I'm looking at how am I supposed to care?

I'd bet money it's Widmore coming to the island and since Jacob wants him there it sort of sheds some light on Jacob and Ben's relationship.

i offered a theory earlier that the "flashes" are actually the shows epilogue. I have no evidence other than the fact that it feels like an epilogue. So we are seeing their lives as they should be once the island is out of the picture. Or once they do what they are supposed to do...something like that.

Ever Adrift
02-24-2010, 03:23 AM
No one's commented on Jack messing with his seemingly fresh appendix-scar in the ALT; remember Juliette removed his appendix on the island in, I think, Season 3. Yet Jack's mom told him he had it removed at the age of 7... combine this with the cut on Jack's neck in LA X... ideas?

DriveShaftSucks
02-24-2010, 03:24 AM
Clousseau being angry at Kate is ridiculous. Obviously she doesn't remember that she just left Aaron in the middle of the jungle to die. So the Temple others kidnapped her at some point and did a similar test like the one they did to Sayid. Maybe that's why she doesn't remember?

Ever Adrift
02-24-2010, 03:24 AM
Desmond came to my mind first also :)

My money is on Widmore; up until the end of season 5 we thought the big battle was between Widmore and Ben. Obviously that isn't the case, but the spectre of Widmore and his already proven ability to find the island hasn't gone away. He promised he'd be back; he had a real presence in season 5. Widmore's coming.

CannedSalmon
02-24-2010, 03:25 AM

I think David's mother will be Cameron from Ferris Buller's Day Off.

Boyd
+1

Also, to someone who said in the in show discussion thread (now locked) that 108 was an arbitrary number so the lighthouse would pass 23: What about the Hatch and the button? Not sure what the ultimate meaning of 108 is, but its obviously not an arbitrary number.

108 is the sum of all the numbers

armlocks101
If Jack saw a church bell in the mirror, that could have been where Jacob touched the little boy, Sawyer. :p

Pene
i offered a theory earlier that the "flashes" are actually the shows epilogue. I have no evidence other than the fact that it feels like an epilogue. So we are seeing their lives as they should be once the island is out of the picture. Or once they do what they are supposed to do...something like that.

The PTB have said these are flash-sideways. Not an alternate reality, but a real reality (is that redundant?!) - but different. They referenced the butterfly effect.

OceanicOnFire
02-24-2010, 03:26 AM
I forgot to comment on Jack's son's mother...it can't be Sarah, they got a divorce before she ever became pregnant...but I guess this is the ALT, anything can be different! Who the hell knows. Some people are saying it's Juliet, I'm not sure what to think of that. I mean, I would think Sawyer's ALT would have her in it, not Jack's. But I guess they did have a thing for a while, too.

And WHY did MIB tell Claire that Aaron is at the Temple? Is he trying to lure her there too? I'm pretty confused on that whole bit now.

Lego
02-24-2010, 03:26 AM
This also sheds more mystery on the "Mysterious Boy". The Boy and Ghost Jacob are on the same island in the same time, so I don't think the boy is Jacob. Jacob is probably really dead, via his speaking with Hurley. So, who is the boy that so terrifies MiB?

Captain Bunny Killer
02-24-2010, 03:27 AM
No one's commented on Jack messing with his seemingly fresh appendix-scar in the ALT; remember Juliette removed his appendix on the island in, I think, Season 3. Yet Jack's mom told him he had it removed at the age of 7... combine this with the cut on Jack's neck in LA X... ideas?

I hate to make this comparison but it's like Lindelcuse are taking a page from 'The Matrix' where deja vu is just a glitch in the system. Perhaps these glitches will become more apparent and overt though why do they only seem to be happening to Jack?

Ever Adrift

Well... it's hard to say. Smokey did 'judge' Ben and used him to kill Jacob, but Ben definitely seems to regret this. Ben is still an other and realizes he was manipulated by the MIB; I really think Ben is going to redeem himself this season and will be a part of Team Jacob.

brendons
interesting that they didn't mention the mother of jack's son by name

i wonder if they'll twist that around because i doubt it was overlooked

did sarah originally have blue eyes? you don't really request an actor with bright blue eyes unless you have a reason :P [jacks eyes are NOT blue]. i suppose juliet would fit?

the mirror thing kinda pissed me off. first time i saw something and lost and said "oh ok there's just a magic mirror and that's all there is"

at least with the "exotic matter" and whatnot there was a more believable aspect to it, but jacob just looking through a magic mirror for the past however-many-years doesn't quite do it for me :p

its funny that jin keeps getting "recruited" without knowing what the hell was going on

its like when the raft blew up and the tailies found them on the beach, he was there

then rousseau found him in the past

then he joined dharma

and now he's joining team flocke

the guy claire tied up was basically asking for death :p i saw that coming from a mile away.

Im so Lost
02-24-2010, 03:29 AM
Interesting about the Juliette/appendix scar thing. I was just telling my husband that since these are 'flash sideways', maybe it is like an alternate dimension thing where significant events can happen to alter each reality. Like, what if Jack smashing the mirrors had to do with Desmond just disappearing from the plane. Or, what if the appendix dealie in season 3 had to do with a 'fresher' appendix scar? or in the AR, Hurley is all an important dude who tells John he can 'hook him up' and on the island, he is becoming important in helping Jacob... I dunno what I am even saying but it makes sense in my head LOL

DriveShaftSucks

The two realities are bleeding into eachother.

Hugo Rocks

I know. It's hard to reconcile. I'm thinking maybe the explosion at the Swan caused a new splintered reality (the ALT), and maybe it's taking Jack's consciousness a while to catch up to it? Or, maybe it has something to do with "The universe has a way of correcting things" or whatever the exact quote was from Eloise when she first met Desmond.

Both weak ideas. But the best I can manage so far.:o

Hugo Rocks
02-24-2010, 03:30 AM
The two realities are bleeding into eachother.

But why would that be?

tzakiel
Well, clearly fLocke is Hanso

caldwell.the.great
Interesting about the Juliette/appendix scar thing. I was just telling my husband that since these are 'flash sideways', maybe it is like an alternate dimension thing where significant events can happen to alter each reality. Like, what if Jack smashing the mirrors had to do with Desmond just disappearing from the plane. Or, what if the appendix dealie in season 3 had to do with a 'fresher' appendix scar? or in the AR, Hurley is all an important dude who tells John he can 'hook him up' and in the AR, he is becoming important in helping Jacob... I dunno what I am even saying but it makes sense in my head LOL

this makes total sense. it would connect the two realities or the two timelines or whatever they are in a very concrete way. actually, i like this idea a lot.

PWN3R
We need a translation of Dogen's line spoken to Hurley, asap!

Pene
02-24-2010, 03:31 AM
The universe has a way of course correcting.

I have heard that the two realities will come into one at some point this season.

randy nations
02-24-2010, 03:31 AM
think 108 read Walton not Wallace....as in Mike "Big Mike" Walton
he is comin to get to the bottom of things

tzakiel
02-24-2010, 03:32 AM
I agree the timing of the cut on the neck, and then the appendix scar is interesting. The timing means a lot. The neck cut was likely from the "plane crash." The appendix came out some time later on island... the timing might be exactly right. This means other significant things could happen to the alt chars at the times they happened on island, starting with the day the plane crashed / did not crash.

DriveShaftSucks
But why would that be?

Because two separate realities is not natural, and the universe is slowly course correcting them and they will eventually merge into one brand new reality with elements of both. Just a guess...

hrv1004
interesting that they didn't mention the mother of jack's son by name

i wonder if they'll twist that around because i doubt it was overlooked

did sarah originally have blue eyes? you don't really request an actor with bright blue eyes unless you have a reason :P [jacks eyes are NOT blue]. i suppose juliet would fit?

Yeah, I've got to admit, the entire time, I was assuming the mother was Sarah. But then she was never revealed, and I seriously doubted that assumption.

Boyd
02-24-2010, 03:33 AM
I forgot to comment on Jack's son's mother...it can't be Sarah, they got a divorce before she ever became pregnant...but I guess this is the ALT, anything can be different! Who the hell knows. Some people are saying it's Juliet, I'm not sure what to think of that. I mean, I would think Sawyer's ALT would have her in it, not Jack's. But I guess they did have a thing for a while, too.

And WHY did MIB tell Claire that Aaron is at the Temple? Is he trying to lure her there too? I'm pretty confused on that whole bit now.

I think it's Sarah. Locke's girlfriend had left him because of his dad and in alt reality they're getting married. Remember the scene in the episode when Sarah left Jack. She told him that she had taken a pregnancy test and it was negative. Maybe in alt world it was positive.

Captain Bunny Killer
02-24-2010, 03:33 AM
Are we to assume that Claire got the explosives from The Black Rock? Was that even dynamite? This is probably just a minor point but that box looked nothing like the crates in The Black Rock and they definitely weren't DI issue.

And it seems like they're going out of their way to say, "Hey, Claire is the new Rousseau!!!" Her little nest looked almost exactly like young Rousseau's in "Dead is Dead" when Ben steals Alex from her. I'm definitely not complaining, it's great to see Claire back and different but it does seem like in the interest of answering questions, they may be skipping the subtlety more often than usual (again, fine with me as long as they don't overexplain evrything).

minimicrocosm
02-24-2010, 03:34 AM
Clousseau being angry at Kate is ridiculous. Obviously she doesn't remember that she just left Aaron in the middle of the jungle to die. So the Temple others kidnapped her at some point and did a similar test like the one they did to Sayid. Maybe that's why she doesn't remember?

well she probably doesn't remember because she is INFECTED and brainwashed crazy.

WHATDIDDOGENSAYTOHURLEY
What did Dogen say to Hurley?

Seriously.

kintrell
[QUOTE=Pene;2250642]The PTB have said these are flash-sideways. Not an alternate reality, but a real reality (is that redundant?!) - but different. They referenced the butterfly effect.[/QUOTE

that supports my theory. What we are seeing is them wrapping up the character stories now, because it will be awkward to do it later. I could be wrong, but i think my idea has merit. As a writer it's easy to understand this concept. People dont like this theory because they want the 2 realities to "merge".... So the question is...are Damon and Carlton GOOD WRITERS??? If they are then we have to rule out the idea that this alt reality will just merge into the longstanding timeline of the show. Frankly that would be awful.

Ever Adrift
I hate to make this comparison but it's like Lindelcuse are taking a page from 'The Matrix' where deja vu is just a glitch in the system. Perhaps these glitches will become more apparent and overt though why do they only seem to be happening to Jack?

I'm not sure where it's all going, but Jack appears more and more to be the central focus of the show. He's always been one of the 'most main' characters and Jacob's focus on him certainly speaks volumes. I think he is THE candidate; Jacob's ultimate replacement or the one who 'unifies' the two timelines....

Also, I was thinking... Jacob brought Miles and Hurley to the island but eventually settled on Hurley as a candidate (only touching him after Hurley first left the island). Both of these characters talk to the dead, but in different ways. Miles only reads their final thoughts, Hurley actually converses with them. Jacob knew he'd die and would have to be able to 'speak' to the candidates, ultimately Hurley proved better than Miles for this purpose. Hurley won't be the 'final candidate' - his role is to speak for Jacob.

OceanicOnFire
This also sheds more mystery on the "Mysterious Boy". The Boy and Ghost Jacob are on the same island in the same time, so I don't think the boy is Jacob. Jacob is probably really dead, via his speaking with Hurley. So, who is the boy that so terrifies MiB?

If the mystery boy isn't Jacob, my next guess would be Aaron but the age is wrong. But he does have blonde hair. But I can't figure out why MIB would be scared of him, either. Or anyone.

brendons
02-24-2010, 03:35 AM
you know, someone suggested a couple pages back [too lazy to quote] that maybe the events off the island occur as they did ON the island, in around the same timeframe

i dunno if that works for kate being there with claire for aaron's birth, as that was the day of the plane ride :S

but it would be interesting if jack's ex in the AR was juliet, and she was revealed to be dating sawyer now, as that's chronologically how it happened on the island.

actually no, juliet was with sawyer 30 years ago. so never mind then :S but you get the idea.

WHATDIDDOGENSAYTOHURLEY

Seriously.

Super seriously.

OceanicOnFire
Well... it's hard to say. Smokey did 'judge' Ben and used him to kill Jacob, but Ben definitely seems to regret this. Ben is still an other and realizes he was manipulated by the MIB; I really think Ben is going to redeem himself this season and will be a part of Team Jacob.

I would LOVE this! I've been saying lately that Ben is kinda useless now and they could get a nice dramatic death out of him, but it would be an interesting twist to get him playing for the other team!!

:cool:

Captain Bunny Killer
The universe has a way of course correcting.

I have heard that the two realities will come into one at some point this season.

Oi! NO SPOILERS. Even whispers down the grapevine count.

hrv1004
02-24-2010, 03:37 AM
Also, I was thinking... Jacob brought Miles and Hurley to the island but eventually settled on Hurley as a candidate (only touching him after Hurley first left the island). Both of these characters talk to the dead, but in different ways. Miles only reads their final thoughts, Hurley actually converses with them. Jacob knew he'd die and would have to be able to 'speak' to the candidates, ultimately Hurley proved better than Miles for this purpose. Hurley won't be the 'final candidate' - his role is to speak for Jacob.

Hurley is Jacob's translator.

brendons
02-24-2010, 03:38 AM
And it seems like they're going out of their way to say, "Hey, Claire is the new Rousseau!!!" Her little nest looked almost exactly like young Rousseau's in "Dead is Dead" when Ben steals Alex from her.

might be that they want you to draw parallels between rousseau and claire, as in rousseau went through the same thing claire did? [she was "sick"]

Pene

It's not impossible that both are true: Jacob truly is dead and Jacob is the bloody-armed boy who freaks out Flocke.
I mean, dead, appearing to some people and not others... this guy doesn't totally live by the rules.
The only person who would logically irritate/frighten Flocke is Jacob.

deathwish

Seriously.

Good reason to make an account here :p I want to know this too.

Captain Bunny Killer
Because two separate realities is not natural, and the universe is slowly course correcting them and they will eventually merge into one brand new reality with elements of both. Just a guess...

I agree, Hugo. I do wonder why so far the irregularities seem to only be happening to Jack. Maybe even seeing Desmond was one of them.

Although I did notice that Kate gave Jack a peculiar look of seemingly fleeting recognition when she got in the cab in "What Kate Does." Then again, she did bump into him (and steal his pen, that hussy!) on the plane, so who knows.

bongzilla
02-24-2010, 03:39 AM

Gabriela (http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Gabriela) was my first thought when I saw the kid's dark hair and Italian features.

Checking the Wiki, her last name is Busoni. That's a TELL, folks.

Ferrucio Busoni (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busoni) was a famous 19th century pianist.

Gotta be Gaby. Schwing!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/thumb/a/a3/Gabriela.jpg/250px-Gabriela.jpg

m8o
OMG --- I forgot Lost was on! :eek: Playing the DVR now. That's all the post whoring I get to do tonight... :o

WHATDIDDOGENSAYTOHURLEY
Good reason to make an account here :p I want to know this too.

Not as badly as I do.

I'll repeat myself: WHAT DID DOGEN SAY TO HURLEY?

Do I need to reword this? I hope not.

OceanicOnFire
02-24-2010, 03:40 AM
I think it's Sarah. Locke's girlfriend had left him because of his dad and in alt reality they're getting married. Remember the scene in the episode when Sarah left Jack. She told him that she had taken a pregnancy test and it was negative. Maybe in alt world it was positive.

It could be Sarah, yeah, I just think they know we would automatically expect it to be her and that would be too easy, so by not saying her name, they are going to make us wonder, and if we find out it IS Sarah, then that was a whole bunch of wondering for nothing.

minimicrocosm
02-24-2010, 03:40 AM
Are we to assume that Claire got the explosives from The Black Rock? Was that even dynamite? This is probably just a minor point but that box looked nothing like the crates in The Black Rock and they definitely weren't DI issue.

And it seems like they're going out of their way to say, "Hey, Claire is the new Rousseau!!!" Her little nest looked almost exactly like young Rousseau's in "Dead is Dead" when Ben steals Alex from her. I'm definitely not complaining, it's great to see Claire back and different but it does seem like in the interest of answering questions, they may be skipping the subtlety more often than usual (again, fine with me as long as they don't overexplain evrything).

and claire's little nest even looked to be in the area where rousseau died.

New2Lost
02-24-2010, 03:41 AM
It's bs to even have this thread. Any thread questioning the direction, gets deleted.

Intellectual cowardice at it's worst.

I'm not talking about some rampaging, troll cussing at or flaming folks. I'm talking simple, polite dialog.

WHATDIDDOGENSAYTOHURLEY
It's bs to even have this thread. Any thread questioning the direction, gets deleted.

Intellectual cowardice at it's worst.

I'm not talking about some rampaging, troll cussing at or flaming folks. I'm talking simple, polite dialog.

I'm simply asking a question: WHAT DID DOGEN SAY TO HURLEY?

We need to know.

bongzilla

Hint: That's not 100% Claire. It's part Claire, part EVIL BATSHIT MONSTER.

rplyler1
02-24-2010, 03:42 AM
Looks like some type of Asian architecture - reminded me of the backdrop from the Jin/Sun wedding scene when Jacob came to them - then goes a little farther and looks like the top of an American style church's bell tower.

I actually just rewatched the scene in the lighthouse and then the scene in the Season 5 season finale when Jacob was at the Kwon's wedding. The place in the mirror at 108 degrees is the same exact place that the Kwon's got married. I have screen shots on my computer to prove it, but not sure how to get them on here.

brendons
02-24-2010, 03:42 AM
Gabriela (http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Gabriela) was my first thought when I saw the kid's dark hair and Italian features.

Ferrucio Busoni (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busoni) was a famous 19th century pianist.

Gotta be Gaby. Schwing!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/thumb/a/a3/Gabriela.jpg/250px-Gabriela.jpg

^^this.

i don't think they gave her enough buildup back when she was first introduced for people to remember her though . . .

OceanicOnFire
02-24-2010, 03:43 AM
I'm not sure where it's all going, but Jack appears more and more to be the central focus of the show. He's always been one of the 'most main' characters and Jacob's focus on him certainly speaks volumes. I think he is THE candidate; Jacob's ultimate replacement or the one who 'unifies' the two timelines....

I think it's also obvious that Jack is THE Candidate to replace Jacob, just as Locke was the candidate to replace MIB. Mr. Faith vs. Mr. Science!

I hope that doesn't give them a good reason to kill off Miles! :(

David_H
I'm simply asking a question: WHAT DID DOGEN SAY TO HURLEY?

We need to know.
Um, if someone knows they'll answer. In the mean time, would you freaking stop asking every page?!

DriveShaftSucks
hint: That's not 100% claire. It's part claire, part evil batshit monster.

lmao :d

WHATDIDDOGENSAYTOHURLEY
The squeakiest wheel gets the most oil

what

did

dogen

say

to

hurley?

DriveShaftSucks
02-24-2010, 03:44 AM

what

did

dogen

say

to

hurley?

He said learn Japanese sucka!

Ever Adrift
might be that they want you to draw parallels between rousseau and claire, as in rousseau went through the same thing claire did? [she was "sick"]

Rousseau herself was never 'infected' but her teammates were. Her teammates got taken by Smokey, Rousseau was terrified of and hid from Smokey. Claire is like Rousseau's dead teammates, she has fallen under Smokey's grasp...

tzakiel
I actually just rewatched the scene in the lighthouse and then the scene in the Season 5 season finale when Jacob was at the Kwon's wedding. The place in the mirror at 108 degrees is the same exact place that the Kwon's got married. I have screen shots on my computer to prove it, but not sure how to get them on here.

In real life that is a Japanese temple on Honolulu. It's part of the standard tourist fare there. Not that it matters to the plot of LOST...

PWN3R
hahaha, I'm dying to know as well, but creating a screen name....??

lulz

tzakiel
02-24-2010, 03:45 AM
I'd actually like to see a complete list of Dogen's Japanese rants, translated to English some day.

WHATDIDDOGENSAYTOHURLEY
He said learn Japanese sucka!

You learn English.

I NEED TO KNOW, GUYS

Strokedown

what

did

dogen

say

to

hurley?

Hold on, let me get one of my many friends and family members who know how to speak Japanese fluently.

Pene
02-24-2010, 03:46 AM

Gotta be Gaby. Schwing!

Nicely played, bongzilla.

Also so many parallels with piano in the show - Charlie, Faraday, Ben...

OceanicOnFire

Gotta be Gaby. Schwing!

:eek: Looks like someone is doing their homework! :)

WHATDIDDOGENSAYTOHURLEY
Hold on, let me get one of my many friends and family members who know how to speak Japanese fluently.

PLEASE DO

I really

NEED TO KNOW THIS IS IMPORTANT

themoonechoes
Rousseau herself was never 'infected' but her teammates were. Her teammates got taken by Smokey, Rousseau was terrified of and hid from Smokey. Claire is like Rousseau's dead teammates, she has fallen under Smokey's grasp...

Rousseau's teammates were "infected" according to Rousseau, but we are not sure if there are two different ways to be infected or claimed. I think Rousseau's teammates were "infected" to become others and protect the island and Rousseau became "claimed" by MIB. Which would follow with Sayid and Claire both being claimed and Claire being friend with MIB.

David_H
02-24-2010, 03:47 AM
Or taken off the car and thrown in a dump, or in your case banned. if you know anything about this place you'd know that the moment someone knows they'll post it. And if you want just start a thread on it, but stop being an idiot in this one.

Would the mod please ban this idiot from the thread?

minimicrocosm
I agree, Hugo. I do wonder why so far the irregularities seem to only be happening to Jack. Maybe even seeing Desmond was one of them.

Although I did notice that Kate gave Jack a peculiar look of seemingly fleeting recognition when she got in the cab in "What Kate Does." Then again, she did bump into him (and steal his pen, that hussy!) on the plane, so who knows.

I don't think the irregularities are just happening to jack. There was the instance you mentioned with kate. Another with kate when she was with claire in the hospital and claire just shouted out the name "aaron".

hrv1004
Rousseau's teammates were "infected" according to Rousseau, but we are not sure if there are two different ways to be infected or claimed. I think Rousseau's teammates were "infected" to become others and protect the island and Rousseau became "claimed" by MIB. Which would follow with Sayid and Claire both being claimed and Claire being friend with MIB.

+1. This makes perfect sense.

Pene
02-24-2010, 03:48 AM

what

did

dogen

say

to

hurley?

In all this time you've been asking, surely you could have learned Japanese.

brendons

rousseau saying it doesn't mean much lol
claire doesn't think she's sick either.

WHATDIDDOGENSAYTOHURLEY
Or taken off the car and thrown in a dump, or in your case banned. if you know anything about this place you'd know that the moment someone knows they'll post it. And if you want just start a thread on it, but stop being an idiot in this one.

Would the mod please ban this idiot from the thread?

YOU CAN BAN ME

but please

JUST TELL ME WHAT DOGEN SAID TO HURLEY FIRST

Ever Adrift
I think it's also obvious that Jack is THE Candidate to replace Jacob, just as Locke was the candidate to replace MIB. Mr. Faith vs. Mr. Science!

I hope that doesn't give them a good reason to kill off Miles! :(

Oh, I'm thinking we're going to see a lot of characters killed off this season... Not sure if Miles will be one of them, but if I had to guess I'd say Miles doesn't make it to the end... alive.

caldwell.the.great
02-24-2010, 03:49 AM
Nicely played, bongzilla.

Also so many parallels with piano in the show - Charlie, Faraday, Ben...

Reminded me 100% of Faraday.

Pene
02-24-2010, 03:49 AM
So what of the caves scene?

"What if it was us, we died, got buried"....

David_H
02-24-2010, 03:52 AM
Also, it seems like this is all heading to an ending where Jack takes Jacob's place & Sawyer takes MIB's place. So the longstanding rivalry between them will continue.
That's a scary/awesome theory which I have never considered. However I sure hope it does not come true as personally I would not like that.

WHATDIDDOGENSAYTOHURLEY
guys

WE'RE NOT ADDRESSING THE SERIOUS ISSUES IN THIS EPISODE

a. WHAT DID DOGEN SAY TO HURLEY
b. WHY IS JACK'S KID SO PASTY
c. WHAT DID DOGEN SAY TO HURLEY

Ever Adrift

But, again, Rousseau obviously was terrified of the Smoke Monster which wouldn't play into the notion of her being claimed in the way Claire and Sayid were/are/may be. Rousseau's teammates went after the Smoke Monster and were said to be 'infected' afterwards. I think they were clearly claimed by Smokey and Rousseau, the only one who DIDNT chase Smokey, was the only one not infected.

Sauce
02-24-2010, 03:53 AM
1st) Who is on the way? Ha. I think it's both Charles Widmore and Desmond sailing to the island. Widmore being a bit of a hostage to Desmond this time. Not sure why exactly, but I just like the idea of Desmond having the upper hand on Charles for once.

2nd) So I'm beginning to believe that Jacob wants the Losties to destroy the island.
Destroy is the wrong word. He wants to end the activities of the island. There is something bigger at play than just the island. Perhaps by finding some balance and ending the island mysteries, the world really will be saved.

Jacob clearly has some foresight into what will happen or at least can predict to a high degree. So, Jake kills the mirrors, Ben kills Jacob, but has Hurley on standby for this reason. He probably has fLocke's death planned away too. I dunno... I feel like his plan is to end whatever cycle the island is spinning on. The end of a record if you will.

3) Definitely the church that Sawyer's parents were buried. Bah! I need a picture for each degree! and Lost, always with the circles.

So, we all agree now that there were 360 candidates right?
So what number was Frogurt?

WHATDIDDOGENSAYTOHURLEY
02-24-2010, 03:53 AM
But, again, Rousseau obviously was terrified of the Smoke Monster which wouldn't play into the notion of her being claimed in the way Claire and Sayid were/are/may be. Rousseau's teammates went after the Smoke Monster and were said to be 'infected' afterwards. I think they were clearly claimed by Smokey and Rousseau, the only one who DIDNT chase Smokey, was the only one not infected.

thats fine and dandy and all

BUT WHAT DID DOGEN SAY TO HURLEY

ITS REALLY IMPORTANT

themoonechoes
02-24-2010, 03:57 AM
So with seeing the lighthouse with the names and magic mirror. I'm of the opinion that the cave is really MIB's and that he wrote the numbers and names down to try to "outplay" Jacob, scribbling notes of the compass numbers and names. While the lighthouse was Jacob's way of "seeing" the candidates via the compass numbers and names. Now that the war has begun, I think Jacob needs to protect the candidates at all costs and uses Hurley to get Jack to the lighthouse for two purposes 1) to come to whatever revelation Jacob alluded to while talking to Hurley and 2) to destroy the magic mirror so that MIB cannot use it against Jacob/Island/Candidates.

Another question that came to me while writing this post is, does the magic mirror show Jacob the candidates and he has to learn their names, or do the candidates come first and then the magic mirror will show them?

Also, is there only a finite number of candidates, 360 as in degrees on a compass? Once you have crossed out all 360 names, then what? Can a new candidate replace a crossed out one?

brendons
02-24-2010, 03:57 AM
oh also, the caves scene with hurley.... he mentioned that the skeletons might be them after dying in the dinosaur era

first of all
1) if that actually happens, just.

no.

2) i hope this isn't the last time the show addresses the skeletons, as this isn't exactly an explanation :|

Captain Bunny Killer
02-24-2010, 03:58 AM

But Montand was dragged under the Temple by Smokie and we know that he lives there.

Consider that Montand and Co. (minus Rousseau) were only infected for a short time before Rousseau killed them because she was still pregnant with Alex when she shot Robert. Rousseau was already being driven mad by seeing the black smoke, watching Jin disappear in front of her eyes and watching the infection spread in her friends (oh, and I'm sure the whispers didn't help).

Claire has had 3 years to let the infection spread. Certainly, it's taken its toll on her. She didn't even know that it had been 3 years since she left the Losties. I wonder how soon we'll see Sayid change.

Bewilderbeest
02-24-2010, 03:58 AM
thats fine and dandy and all

BUT WHAT DID DOGEN SAY TO HURLEY

ITS REALLY IMPORTANT

Why is it so important?

OceanicOnFire
02-24-2010, 03:59 AM

Meaning Hurley and Jack? I dont know why they would be so important (together) to be in there together like that. I guess I was thinking it would be a pair that has always been a pair and has a really cool reason for being there. Something more mysterious and cool than just 2 random Losties.

DharmaWine

Gotta be Gaby. Schwing!

I'll laugh so hard if it turns out to be her, but be so happy so she gets some screen time. Right when David called him "Dad", on the live show thread, I was like "Sarah maybe? Please let that be Gabriela!"

edit: I almost forgot that Jack himself was playing the piano in the barracks a few seasons back.

Hugo Rocks

I agree that Jack is THE candidate now, as you say. Also, interesting idea about settling on Hurley. But I kind of got the idea that the candidates were predetermined. Destined to be - didn't think there could be choice. But, that would tie into the free will/fate theme.

[QUOTE]
This supports the idea of Jack being the one to replace Jacob.

[QUOTE=bongzilla;2250841]Gabriela (http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Gabriela) was my first thought when I saw the kid's dark hair and Italian features.

Gotta be Gaby. Schwing!

[QUOTE]

WOW! Well done. Seriously.

[QUOTE=WHATDIDDOGENSAYTOHURLEY;2250890]The squeakiest wheel gets the most oil

what

did

dogen

say

to

hurley?

You do realize that it is not going to be anything very important, right? It will just be some kind of curse or swear or something.

This was Darlton's way of letting everyone know they're are having fun writing the last season and dealing with the all the theories & questions out there. I do kind of hope we get more of an answer eventually, but it is not a huge priority to me personally.

brendons
02-24-2010, 04:02 AM
i had a thought seeing the mirror-contraption

what if the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 weren't chosen beforehand
what if jacob knew what would happen, either based on the future or repeated events?

and those numbers [and the people they represent] were only "special" because those are the only people who lived?

that's what MiB could have meant when he says it always ends the same... the same 6 people end up living [the same 6 numbers]

just a thought.

Hugo Rocks

Hey, I just remembered that Rousseau's name was on the cave wall, right? So Smokey couldn't go after her & infect her bc it is against the rules, right?

themoonechoes

You have a point. Perhaps her teammates were infected by smokey, and Rousseau only went crazy because her baby was taken away. But according to the Temple Others, Claire was claimed and is now acting like Rousseau and is also friends with MIB! It's hard to ignore the obvious similarities between Rousseau and Claire saying that they both are missing their babies, but Rousseau was not claimed or infected but Claire was. How can we reconcile the two?

deathwish
02-24-2010, 04:04 AM
Hey, I just remembered that Rousseau's name was on the cave wall, right? So Smokey couldn't go after her & infect her bc it is against the rules, right?

I'm not so sure about the specifics of the rules, especially since it seems like almost everyone who has come to the Island is listed.

MsHawking
02-24-2010, 04:04 AM
Can we assume that the numbers and corresponding people, 4 8 15 16 23 42, are among the last to be crossed off? Are they the end of the numbers game that Jacob/MiB are playing?

chaaalie
02-24-2010, 04:06 AM
My money is on Widmore; up until the end of season 5 we thought the big battle was between Widmore and Ben. Obviously that isn't the case, but the spectre of Widmore and his already proven ability to find the island hasn't gone away. He promised he'd be back; he had a real presence in season 5. Widmore's coming.

I'm in favor of everybody coming. Widmore, Walt, Aaron...even David if he wants. Then they can do a Bollywood ending.

themoonechoes
02-24-2010, 04:06 AM

But Sayid's name is on the wall and he is infected/claimed.

Hugo Rocks
02-24-2010, 04:07 AM
So with seeing the lighthouse with the names and magic mirror. I'm of the opinion that the cave is really MIB's and that he wrote the numbers and names down to try to "outplay" Jacob, scribbling notes of the compass numbers and names. While the lighthouse was Jacob's way of "seeing" the candidates via the compass numbers and names. Now that the war has begun, I think Jacob needs to protect the candidates at all costs and uses Hurley to get Jack to the lighthouse for two purposes 1) to come to whatever revelation Jacob alluded to while talking to Hurley and 2) to destroy the magic mirror so that MIB cannot use it against Jacob/Island/Candidates.

Another question that came to me while writing this post is, does the magic mirror show Jacob the candidates and he has to learn their names, or do the candidates come first and then the magic mirror will show them?

Also, is there only a finite number of candidates, 360 as in degrees on a compass? Once you have crossed out all 360 names, then what? Can a new candidate replace a crossed out one?

Yes, I like this idea of MIB copying down what he discovered. Not 100% convinced the cave is not Jacob's, but leaning this way now.

Good point about 360 candidates. Since the candidates tend to live a long time, maybe it means the "End of Days" when the list runs out? Or maybe a new list of candidates is created once a candidate assumes the position of Protector or whatever Jacob calls himself?

themoonechoes
02-24-2010, 04:10 AM
Yes, I like this idea of MIB copying down what he discovered. Not 100% convinced the cave is not Jacob's, but leaning this way now.

Good point about 360 candidates. Since the candidates tend to live a long time, maybe it means the "End of Days" when the list runs out? Or maybe a new list of candidates is created once a candidate assumes the position of Protector or whatever Jacob calls himself?

I like the idea of a new list once a candidate assumes the position of whatever Jacob is.

SheppardsPie
Hurley Stole the show in "Lighthouse"

Hugo Rocks

Good point I admit. But, maybe it's relevant that Sayid died first - and not at MIB"s hand (or smokey fist). Then he was infected. Maybe Rousseau could not be infected until he died at the hand of someone else. Claire could have died as a result of the attack on New Otherton. Possible?

fish22100
02-24-2010, 04:11 AM
Haha, Hurley was awesome tonight.

Ever Adrift
02-24-2010, 04:12 AM
You have a point. Perhaps her teammates were infected by smokey, and Rousseau only went crazy because her baby was taken away. But according to the Temple Others, Claire was claimed and is now acting like Rousseau and is also friends with MIB! It's hard to ignore the obvious similarities between Rousseau and Claire saying that they both are missing their babies, but Rousseau was not claimed or infected but Claire was. How can we reconcile the two?

Why do they have to be reconciled? There's no reason why there can't be some similarities and some dissimilarities. Claire would be naturally a bit crazy from living on her own for 3 years, just as Rousseau would have been naturally really crazy for living alone for much longer. Claire is just a little extra batshit insane because her dead father and a dead non-Locke have been talking to her and feeding her lies.

PirateGuy 815
Haha, I wonder of Dogen knows what Indiana Jones is? But Hurley was once again hilarious. I loved seeing him ordering Dogen around, too.

locke-n-load
Epic. i just wanna know when i can get Doggen's Japanese comeback translated

Pene
02-24-2010, 04:13 AM
Claire could have died as a result of the attack on New Otherton. Possible?

But she never left New Otherton - the house blew up, and (at least, apparently) within seconds, she was pulled from the rubble ('a bit wobbly') and taken into another house. No lapse in time for a quick trip to the temple and its healing waters.

themoonechoes
02-24-2010, 04:14 AM
Good point I admit. But, maybe it's relevant that Sayid died first - and not at MIB"s hand (or smokey fist). Then he was infected. Maybe Rousseau could not be infected until he died at the hand of someone else. Claire could have died as a result of the attack on New Otherton. Possible?

Quite possible. One lingering question about this infection/claiming is that supposedly both Claire and Sayid are both infected, but Sayid was infected when submerged into the dirty spring, how did Claire get infected?

Ever Adrift

Yeah, lets not forget that the guy Claire killed told her she wasn't remembering things right... we do know that at some point Claire was brought to the temple and appears to have been 'tested' in the same way Sayid was tested, which itself could suggest she died and was somehow healed....

SheppardsPie
might find it there because the person has asked 20 times.

chaaalie
02-24-2010, 04:15 AM
But she never left New Otherton - the house blew up, and (at least, apparently) within seconds, she was pulled from the rubble ('a bit wobbly') and taken into another house. No lapse in time for a quick trip to the temple and its healing waters.

Could she have been Smoke-Claire? Smoklaire?

Flyin' High
02-24-2010, 04:15 AM
Regarding the Rousseau/Claire similarities:

I got the impression that you have to die to become infected. With the knowledge we have now, I feel fairly certain Claire died in the explosion in the barracks in Season 4 or sometime shortly thereafter.

Rousseau didn't die in 1988. But since we don't know what happened when the rest of the French team, I could certainly imagine that the smoke monster killed them when they entered the declivity in the temple wall.

Also, Rousseau seems quite tame compared to Claire if you ask me. I think the only thing Rousseau ever suffered from was being alone for 16 years. That'd make anyone a little nutty.

I don't know. The fact that both Claire and Rousseau live/d the same way. Gosh, I'm backpeddaling on myself before I even post. :o

For now I'm still going to say that Rousseau never had the sickness, but I certainly wouldn't bet any money on that. Defnitely confusing to me. :confused: :p

Pene
02-24-2010, 04:16 AM
To ignore someone /make their posts invisible - click on their name, visit their profile, and click on add to ignore list.

Makes life nice. :)

themoonechoes
02-24-2010, 04:16 AM

Are we sure the "healing waters" are the key? The healing waters turned dirty and that is how Sayid was infected, but is it possible to get infected other ways? Perhaps after dying such as Hugo Rocks suggested? If Sayid was drown in the dirty spring (not healing waters anymore) he would be dead, Claire could have died in the explosion.

Pene
02-24-2010, 04:18 AM
Could she have been Smoke-Claire? Smoklaire?

Then you are saying, she died before the barracks explosion?

nightcreeper
02-24-2010, 04:20 AM
anyone decipher the new T shirt on ABC.com?

They just put it up tonight: http://abctvstore.seenon.com/detail.php?p=256557&pa=dotw

Pene
02-24-2010, 04:21 AM
Are we sure the "healing waters" are the key? The healing waters turned dirty and that is how Sayid was infected, but is it possible to get infected other ways? Perhaps after dying such as Hugo Rocks suggested? If Sayid was drown in the dirty spring (not healing waters anymore) he would be dead, Claire could have died in the explosion.

This would certainly explain everyone's apparent desire to bury dead people on the island IMMEDIATELY - Amy in 1974 when Sawyer killed 2 of the Others, for example. Even when Keamy & Team killed Rousseau, Alex, & Karl, they buried them right afterwards (which seemed very odd they'd take time to do that) - perhaps being buried protects against Smokey claiming your body?

Pnkn
02-24-2010, 04:22 AM

We know that Desmond and Penny are headed to the island in their boat. Desmond woke up abruptly, Penny thought it was a nightmare, and Desmond says no it's something else (I forget).

There could of course be even more people headed towards the island, like Widmore (no reason for him to give up trying to get there).

Pnkn
02-24-2010, 04:24 AM
This would certainly explain everyone's apparent desire to bury dead people on the island IMMEDIATELY - Amy in 1974 when Sawyer killed 2 of the Others, for example. Even when Keamy & Team killed Rousseau, Alex, & Karl, they buried them right afterwards (which seemed very odd they'd take time to do that) - perhaps being buried protects against Smokey claiming your body?

I would think so. the urgency was to bury - even if it was someone from the other side.
Alex didn't get buried right away.

oconn1st
02-24-2010, 04:25 AM

i agree...plus

LIGHThouse = jacob DARK cave = MIB fits nicely

Pnkn
02-24-2010, 04:27 AM

If the cave belongs to MiB, then MiB is crossing off the names as they are taken from Jacob.

Jacob's numbered people are on the lighthouse wheel.

Becks45
02-24-2010, 04:29 AM
In the opening scene in Jack's alt apartment they panned across a couple of photos of Jack with...some women? and Jack & Christian. Anyone have screenshots? That may solve who is the baby mama question.

estaman
02-24-2010, 04:29 AM

I think the important take away from this information (as well Jack having a son) is the ALT-sideways-whatever doesn't just represent a timeline as if they never crashed on the Island but represents changes over course of the entire characters' lives.

Flyin' High
02-24-2010, 04:30 AM
i agree...plus

LIGHThouse = jacob DARK cave = MIB fits nicely

Ooh, nice observation! I like this a lot. :)

I've always felt Jacob was "good" and the MIB was "bad" and this episode solidified that feeling even more.

estaman
02-24-2010, 04:31 AM

The 'test' at the Temple that was done on Sayid makes me also rethink back to when Rosseau caught Sayid. Remember the 'torture' of Sayid by Rosseau involved electricity as well. Perhaps Rosseau somehow figured out part of the 'test' to determine if a person was infected/claimed and was testing Sayid way back then.

DharmaWine
02-24-2010, 04:34 AM
I'm not sure if it was posted already, but did anybody notice that when Jack and Hurley first show up at the lighthouse and the camera pans up it, it looks as though there is a flash of fire at the top before they reveal the top of it?

Joe_WCU
02-24-2010, 04:37 AM
not sure if anyone said this yet, but about the appendix scar. jack was born around 1970 and the flashbacks to 1977 would put jack at 7 when his appendix was taken out. maybe when they got to the island it was already 1977 or something?

Richard Was Here
02-24-2010, 04:37 AM
I'm not sure if it was posted already, but did anybody notice that when Jack and Hurley first show up at the lighthouse and the camera pans up it, it looks as though there is a flash of fire at the top before they reveal the top of it?

Yep. I noticed this. Actually even did a quick rewind to make sure I saw it correctly. Definitely happened.

nsps
02-24-2010, 04:39 AM
Epic. i just wanna know when i can get Doggen's Japanese comeback translated

I'm surprised this hasn't been translated yet. Am I missing a link?

Becks45
02-24-2010, 04:42 AM
Yep. I noticed this. Actually even did a quick rewind to make sure I saw it correctly. Definitely happened.

I will definitely watch the episode again- but maybe it was just a bit of forshadowing with light bouncing off the mirrors?

stop and think
02-24-2010, 04:44 AM
It always ends the same...couldn't the time-line of Jacob/MIB events extend from the Black Rock to the present and beyond...the small preparations of two entities who have been, and will continue to be, wagering an extremely long and recurring war?

habitatryder
02-24-2010, 04:46 AM
Not as badly as I do.

I'll repeat myself: WHAT DID DOGEN SAY TO HURLEY?

Do I need to reword this? I hope not.

dude, if someone knew the answer - they would share it.

relax.

the episode hasn't even aired yet on the West coast; and I doubt many people even speak the language Dogan was speaking in. I sure as hell don't even know what language it was.

Richard Was Here
02-24-2010, 04:48 AM
I will definitely watch the episode again- but maybe it was just a bit of forshadowing with light bouncing off the mirrors?

Could be. Or maybe Jacob was up there (since I would assume there had to be fire for the mirrors to reflect that color....and the fire was out when Hurley & Jack got to the top). Who knows? I'm not even sure it's important. I just know that there was, indeed, a brief flash.

Oh....and on an only semi-related note, count me in the camp who believes that the cave is not Jacob's - it's MIBs 'dark' version of the 'LIGHThouse'.

MIB is SOOOOOO lying to Sawyer. :(

rappermc
02-24-2010, 04:49 AM
Regarding 108 -- this was series episode #108. Maybe it was the writers' way of paying homage, by making it noteworthy for the first time since the timer in the hatch.

m8o
02-24-2010, 04:49 AM
Amazing scenery in this episode. Started out not very stimulating and thought provoking but it had its moments. ... until we got to the Lighthouse mirror. That was entertaining.

...funny 'bout the 108 degrees. I really wanted to know who was going to be @ 108. Seems Jacob was getting down the last of his 'candidates', doesn't it...

But what'a Fk'n anarchist that Jack is. I would be too intrigued and mystified with the "magic" embodied in the mirror to bust it up like that, and that would supersede my anger. I'd have had to have stopped @ every increment to see what I could see. I felt a great loss with that. Really pisses me off.

Liked Jacob setting us up for Jack's destined end.

I do not like Claire anymore... Not that I ever did since that "he wants to hurt my baby" episode in season 1. But, geez. That guy was all right! Other than Eloise, he was the most friendly & talkative Other willing to help I'd ever seen. Gunna miss ya!

Wonder how many people hope Kate will find Claire. If there's any question of Smokey being "bad or good", I think we have our answer now, in how he has twisted Claire with the lies he has told her.

And WTF did Jin delay telling Claire all that? He should have started with that!

Hahaha to seeing Dogen off island.

Locke's over Sawyer, and so soon? Guess he said one too many snippy snide remarks. lol I know, I know, he might be there behind JLokie.

...can I have the next episode now please?! Definitely left me wanting more...

And when the fuK are we going to learn what happened from the DHARMA member's perspective after the Swan site debacle? ... or why Richard said he saw everyone die... and how?

Pnkn
02-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Hurley won't be the 'final candidate' - his role is to speak for Jacob.

Well, actually Aaron is the spokesman for Moses....

Jacob is Aaron's great grandfather

Benjamin is the son of Jacob
His "what about me" mimics the elder brother of the prodigal son/loving father parable

Hugo seems to mean brilliant, intelligent, heart, soul....

I have trouble with Claire being evil because of her name.

I had a post a long time ago pointing out that Jack/(nickname for John) and James are brothers. I'm not sure now how that's going play out as to which "John" (Locke or Shepherd) is Sawyer's brother.

Since Jacob touched both Kwons, we could see Aaron and the Kwon baby being the new Adam and Eve.

themoonechoes
02-24-2010, 04:52 AM

I didn't catch the fire or flash but could it be a reflection of something bad happening at the temple off the lighthouse mirrors?

Independent
02-24-2010, 04:53 AM
I'm stuck on Ben's phrase (IIRC, more than once) that "Everyone reports to someone". Then I've got Jacob telling MIB as he dies "They're coming". Why is it so important that MIB knows that? I'd expect these two to keep everything secret. I can't believe it's just Desmond or Widmore. Somehow, there's going to see who Jacob/MIB reports to.

I like the idea that there are only 360 names on the compass. Maybe the "rules" say that when Jacob uses up his last candidate, he loses.

I haven't seen a mention that the "flash sideways" isn't really sideways. The on-island scenes are in 2007, the alt is 2004.

I originally thought that "events are self-correcting" means that the two timelines come together with the same future. But, Jacob keeps saying "You always have choices". So I can see the suggestion here that the alt timeline is really the
epilogue. Jack will, with great effort, find a way to cancel the island timeline so only the off-island goes forward. If so, the writers need to give us something really neat in the alt timeline -- it had to be worth all this trouble.

bongzilla
02-24-2010, 04:54 AM
to ignore someone /make their posts invisible - click on their name, visit their profile, and click on add to ignore list.

Makes life nice. :)

one million thank you's!!!

habitatryder

Honestly, I have never trusted Rousseau - even right now, as she is buried deep in the ground somewhere.
for all I know, she was the one who was infected; and, it was her teammates that weren't. she was batsh*t crazy - just as claire is now. so, just judging from the pieces we have seen of claire - I say that Rousseau was the infected one.

DharmaWine
Could be. Or maybe Jacob was up there (since I would assume there had to be fire for the mirrors to reflect that color....and the fire was out when Hurley & Jack got to the top). Who knows? I'm not even sure it's important. I just know that there was, indeed, a brief flash.

Oh....and on an only semi-related note, count me in the camp who believes that the cave is not Jacob's - it's MIBs 'dark' version of the 'LIGHThouse'.

MIB is SOOOOOO lying to Sawyer. :(

That was one of my thoughts about the fire, especially since he made his claim that Jack needed to see that and had clearly been there.

As for MiB/Sawyer... I think there are two long cons going on, and so long as both of them seemingly have a reason to want to go with the other, it will continue and make solid tv. But who is the bigger confidence man?

julesm31
I just realized that Rousseau, in the first season I think, tied Sayid to a bed frame and burned him using a battery, much the way the people in the temple burned him to test for the infection.

stop and think
02-24-2010, 04:55 AM
It always ends the same...couldn't the time-line of Jacob/MIB events extend from the Black Rock to the present and beyond...the small preparations of two entities who have been, and will continue to be, wagering an extremely long and recurring war?

It seems there have been several iterations of the same scenerio between the entity Jacob and the entity MIB. The only questions that remain in this iteration are where each current player falls and what the "Grand Plan" is.....oh....and if the scenerio will repeat again with new Jacobs and MIBs

Pnkn
02-24-2010, 04:56 AM
I think the important take away from this information (as well Jack having a son) is the ALT-sideways-whatever doesn't just represent a timeline as if they never crashed on the Island but represents changes over course of the entire characters' lives.

Everything (well, much) from the Substitute was explained when it was played tonight before The Lighthouse.

The caption said that this is their lives if they had never crashed.

MM0602
02-24-2010, 05:00 AM
^ I'm pretty sure the flash was the sun through the top of the lighthouse :p

Claire is super scary! :( I almost want someone to shoot her. Almost. I do not want her to kill Kate! And why must poor Jin always find himself in such dangerous situations? Seriously just get him back to Sun and get them off that island ASAP.

The mirrors were really interesting. I like the idea of the reflection being the ALT world. I hope there's some way we can learn more about the lighthouse even with the mirrors being destroyed now. No idea who 108 represents. And speaking of the ALT, I really liked the story. My first thought as to the identity of David's mom was also Sarah, then Juliet. I doubt it's the Italian girl, seems anti-climatic. Seeing Sarah or Juliet would be more satisfying. Perhaps Jack seeing his scar in the mirror was a nod to Juliet being his son's mom? And I'm pretty sure Dogen is going to be the way the two timelines are going to merge together.

So Sayid and Miles are the only main characters left in the temple, right? I thought the Others were back to their badass selves this season, but seeing as their "captives" all ran away in the first 4 episodes I guess I was wrong. :p

brendons
02-24-2010, 05:01 AM
what if jacob's ultimate goal was to have himself and MiB replaced? that's why he's been bringing the candidates

maybe MiB doesn't want to be replaced. he said "it always ends the same" meaning they're stuck in an endless battle with each other, even though they take on new identities or "candidates".

when jacob said to MiB that "they're coming" maybe he was declaring that he was right, and that their candidates / replacements are coming

maybe "they" will be MiB's replacement? widmore?

themoonechoes
02-24-2010, 05:05 AM
Everything (well, much) from the Substitute was explained when it was played tonight before The Lighthouse.

The caption said that this is their lives if they had never crashed.

You cannot take the enhanced version of events as canon as they are not written by the producers of lost. Also while it is true that the events in the alt timeline are affected because the plane did not crash, it is not the only difference. You see that many things were already different before the plane crash. I think it is ironic that these enhanced episodes are suppposed to give the viewer a clearer picture of what is going on but can also mislead us with false or incorrect information.

Pnkn
02-24-2010, 05:05 AM
I'm stuck on Ben's phrase (IIRC, more than once) that "Everyone reports to someone". Then I've got Jacob telling MIB as he dies "They're coming". Why is it so important that MIB knows that? I'd expect these two to keep everything secret. I can't believe it's just Desmond or Widmore. Somehow, there's going to see who Jacob/MIB reports to.

I like the idea that there are only 360 names on the compass. Maybe the "rules" say that when Jacob uses up his last candidate, he loses.

What if instead of wondering who has number 108 and 360, assume that Desmond and Widmore have one of those numbers and then explain why that makes sense.

I have no reason to think that whomevers are coming include "The Boss".

Pnkn
02-24-2010, 05:08 AM
You cannot take the enhanced version of events as canon as they are not written by the producers of lost. Also while it is true that the events in the alt timeline are affected because the plane did not crash, it is not the only difference. You see that many things were already different before the plane crash. I think it is ironic that these enhanced episodes are suppposed to give the viewer a clearer picture of what is going on but can also mislead us with false or incorrect information.

Thanks.. who writes them? No approval from the producers?

habitatryder
02-24-2010, 05:09 AM

naa, I don't think that's how it works. Sayid was also on the wall - and Claire - and as of right now - as of what we have been told - they are both infected

helpmeimlost
02-24-2010, 05:14 AM
Numbers: Wallace 108, Linus 117, Austen 51

Hi-res Pics:

hxxp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3668/79786432.jpg
hxxp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7632/60778198.jpg
hxxp://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7366/87136904.jpg
hxxp://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7352/25585913.jpg
hxxp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/980/32657330.jpg
hxxp://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8823/32432255.jpg
hxxp://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7616/91369653.jpg
hxxp://img190.imageshack.us/img190/23/92060151.jpg
hxxp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2853/35685438.jpg
hxxp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1850/10221784.jpg
hxxp://img685.imageshack.us/img685/728/22666012.jpg
hxxp://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8673/92335856.jpg
hxxp://img687.imageshack.us/img687/223/54244827.jpg
hxxp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4306/40832238.jpg
hxxp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6367/92454447.jpg

AGNK
02-24-2010, 05:21 AM
Numbers: Wallace 108, Linus 117, Austin 51

Hi-res Pics:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3668/79786432.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7632/60778198.jpg
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7366/87136904.jpg
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7352/25585913.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/980/32657330.jpg
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8823/32432255.jpg
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7616/91369653.jpg
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/23/92060151.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2853/35685438.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1850/10221784.jpg
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/728/22666012.jpg
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8673/92335856.jpg
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/223/54244827.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4306/40832238.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6367/92454447.jpg

Hope this works...

helpmeimlost
02-24-2010, 05:22 AM
Thanks. Also, Kate's name isn't crossed out.

Hope this works...

DharmaWine
02-24-2010, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the screen captures!

Freelander
02-24-2010, 05:27 AM
Just wanted to drop in to say that one was of the best episodes of LOST I've ever seen. Talk about progression!

Sorry, just wanted to say that...as you were :)

JiMMy-BoY
02-24-2010, 05:28 AM
Wow great ep!

caldwell.the.great
02-24-2010, 05:30 AM
kate's name isn't crossed out and we have a nice shot of claire's chest too!
:p

bongzilla
02-24-2010, 05:31 AM
Just wanted to drop in to say that one was of the best episodes of LOST I've ever seen. Talk about progression!

Sorry, just wanted to say that...as you were :)

I loved every minute of it, even the Sideways stuff with David Shephard.

helpmeimlost
02-24-2010, 05:32 AM
Had to throw that in there for good measure. =P

kate's name isn't crossed out and we have a nice shot of claire's chest too!
:p

withoutCHRISTweAREallLOST
02-24-2010, 05:34 AM
Is it possible that Walt's name is not Walter but is short for Wallace, the 108 candidate? He is supposedly very 'special'...

habitatryder
02-24-2010, 05:36 AM
Hope this works...

Thank you for the images!! wow. they are great!

...I noticed within one of the pictures of the names on the thingie...

- number 56 (or at 56') isn't crossed out ..... I can't really make it out
- but I think it reads the name, "Haasen"

does that ring a bell for anyone? I've checked lostpedia - but, nothing.

If anyone else can make it out better than me, please do. But as of right now, I think it says 'Haasen'. And I'm almost positive he/she isn't crossed out.

helpmeimlost
02-24-2010, 05:38 AM
Walt's last name is Lloyd.

Is it possible that Walt's name is not Walter but is short for Wallace, the 108 candidate? He is supposedly very 'special'...

Lost Lost Lost Lost
02-24-2010, 05:38 AM
I'd actually like to see a complete list of Dogen's Japanese rants, translated to English some day.

This guy on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/teddyinjapan#p/u)does some translations, hope he does todays.

You have to open his list of videos.

Skeletorseamstolikeit
02-24-2010, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the screen shots!

Didn't see anyone else mention it.
20-Rousseau

Hart
02-24-2010, 05:48 AM

Are you kidding? I mean I can imagine there might be a slip up now and then (just like on the actual show), but the idea that Lost's producers aren't in some respect overseeing and approving the enhanced episodes? If they're not, that's epic fail. It's prime time directly before the show. People watch those.

helpmeimlost
02-24-2010, 05:49 AM
It looks like Hansen, maybe. Doesn't look like its crossed out but its hard to tell.

Heres another pic of it:
hxxp://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8180/27514059.jpg

Thank you for the images!! wow. they are great!

...I noticed within one of the pictures of the names on the thingie...

- number 56 (or at 56') isn't crossed out ..... I can't really make it out
- but I think it reads the name, "Haasen"

does that ring a bell for anyone? I've checked lostpedia - but, nothing.

If anyone else can make it out better than me, please do. But as of right now, I think it says 'Haasen'. And I'm almost positive he/she isn't crossed out.

Hart
02-24-2010, 05:54 AM

That's an interesting thought. Could have just been Sun's childhood house like the other one was Jack's house. But remember all the stuff with Sun conniving assets from her father when she got back to the real world? Did that happen? Forgive me for not remembering, but was that stuff resolved ... or could she have enacted and financed a plan maybe like what's her name did to find Desmond? I mean I know Jin was back on the island, but just wondering.

m8o
02-24-2010, 05:57 AM

Hi-res Pics:
[snip]
I gotta kick out of seeing the name next to 108 @ 109 ... [Mr.] Friendly ! :p

+1 to the 1st flash we saw being where Jin & Sun got married.

Weedle
02-24-2010, 05:57 AM
Anyone else noticing all the reflection/mirror shots in the past few episodes?
Seems like those are more important now.

And In the lighthouse mirror, I think I saw the building where the Kwons were married, as well as the church where Sawyer wrote his letter?

bongzilla
02-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Anyone else noticing all the reflection/mirror shots in the past few episodes?
Seems like those are more important now.

And In the lighthouse mirror, I think I saw the building where the Kwons were married, as well as the church where Sawyer wrote his letter?

Drachentöter
02-24-2010, 06:00 AM
It looks like Hansen, maybe. Doesn't look like its crossed out but its hard to tell.

Heres another pic of it:
hxxp://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8180/27514059.jpg

Pretty sure that name is faintly crossed out.

slider
02-24-2010, 06:01 AM
interesting that the sum of 4 8 15 16 23 42 = 108

108th episode

108th person on the lighthouse wheel

JiMMy-BoY
02-24-2010, 06:04 AM

Hi-res Pics:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3668/79786432.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7632/60778198.jpg
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8673/92335856.jpg
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/223/54244827.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4306/40832238.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6367/92454447.jpg
Shes hot, but was the last cap necessery? LOL

habitatryder
02-24-2010, 06:04 AM

I don't think so man. It seems as if all the names that are crossed out are pretty apparent. The actual pencil line striking through the names are extremely vivid and deliberate - which, is unlike #56

...maybe, he/she is the person who is coming to the island?

Hart
02-24-2010, 06:05 AM
If the mystery boy isn't Jacob, my next guess would be Aaron but the age is wrong. But he does have blonde hair. But I can't figure out why MIB would be scared of him, either. Or anyone.

Well, I was just wondering how his age would be wrong for Aaron, but somehow right for Jacob?

ac3jc
02-24-2010, 06:06 AM

Hi-res Pics:

hxxp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3668/79786432.jpg
hxxp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7632/60778198.jpg
hxxp://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7366/87136904.jpg
hxxp://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7352/25585913.jpg
hxxp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/980/32657330.jpg
hxxp://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8823/32432255.jpg
hxxp://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7616/91369653.jpg
hxxp://img190.imageshack.us/img190/23/92060151.jpg
hxxp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2853/35685438.jpg
hxxp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1850/10221784.jpg
hxxp://img685.imageshack.us/img685/728/22666012.jpg
hxxp://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8673/92335856.jpg
hxxp://img687.imageshack.us/img687/223/54244827.jpg
hxxp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4306/40832238.jpg
hxxp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6367/92454447.jpg
who is wallace?

helpmeimlost
02-24-2010, 06:06 AM
You might be right, i think the line just aligns with the letters a bit and that would explain the last N looking like A

OceanicOnFire
02-24-2010, 06:09 AM
Well, I was just wondering how his age would be wrong for Aaron, but somehow right for Jacob?

Because Aaron is alive, Jacob isn't anymore. AND, Jacob is powerful and can do anything he wants, I don't think Aaron has reached that status...yet, anyway! :D

IwishIwereKate
02-24-2010, 06:14 AM
Earlier someone was talking about how smokey can't use bodies that are buried?
Christian wasn't buried
Locke wasn't buried
Alex wasn't buried
Yemi (if that was smokey) wasn't buried either...

totally irrelevant to this episode but ANYWAY

I could finally tolerate Jack in this episode, minus the unnecessary freak out in the lighthouse

TheDharmaShark
02-24-2010, 06:20 AM
+1

also, to someone who said in the in show discussion thread (now locked) that 108 was an arbitrary number so the lighthouse would pass 23: What about the hatch and the button? Not sure what the ultimate meaning of 108 is, but its obviously not an arbitrary number.
4 + 8+ 15+ 16+ 23+ 42 = 108

Edit: oops. didn't realize so many people had already commented on this...

bongzilla
02-24-2010, 06:27 AM
108 (http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/108), per the Wiki.

domzy
02-24-2010, 06:28 AM
So when jack was looking through the mirrors and saw what he saw before he saw his house, im pretty sure it was either the monastery that desmond was a monk at or the college that daniel taught at.

can someone get a screen cap on that scene and also a screen cap of all the numbers and names

JiMMy-BoY
02-24-2010, 06:33 AM
So when jack was looking through the mirrors and saw what he saw before he saw his house, im pretty sure it was either the monastery that desmond was a monk at or the college that daniel taught at.

can someone get a screen cap on that scene and also a screen cap of all the numbers and nameshttp://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7366/87136904.jpg

whiskeyJim
02-24-2010, 06:37 AM
We finally see how Jacob knows so much about the Losties. More and more of his supernatural powers are actually island products.

BooneDock
02-24-2010, 06:41 AM
I’d almost bet money on it that Juliet is the mother of David. Here’s why:

1. In season 4 episode 6, when Ben is showing Juliet her new home & telling her all the features he says “Oh and I know you love the opera. We have all the classics on CD.” She’s made a few references to her love of classical music throughout her time in Dharmaville. David is a young classical pianist & was obviously influenced by these composers.

2. David's baby blue eyes. They didn’t come from Jack or Sarah; both of them have brown eyes. Juliet's eyes are sososo blue.

3. In the ATL, doctors would run in the same circle. Perhaps Jack & Juliet crossed paths at the hospital or in med school? It makes sense to me :)

4. Sure Sawyer and Juliet were together & almost engaged, but don't forget that Juliet and Jack had their steamy moments in season 3 & 4.

domzy
02-24-2010, 06:45 AM
theres another name that isnt crossed out that is a little below austens, can anyone make that name out?

Hart

1. In season 4 episode 6, when Ben is showing Juliet her new home & telling her all the features he says “Oh and I know you love the opera. We have all the classics on CD.” She’s made a few references to her love of classical music throughout her time in Dharmaville. David is a young classical pianist & was obviously influenced by these composers.

2. David's baby blue eyes. They didn’t come from Jack or Sarah; both of them have brown eyes. Juliet's eyes are sososo blue.

3. In the ATL, doctors would run in the same circle. Perhaps Jack & Juliet crossed paths at the hospital or in med school? It makes sense to me :)

4. Sure Sawyer and Juliet were together & almost engaged, but don't forget that Juliet and Jack had their steamy moments in season 3 & 4.

I'm not up on my genetics, but I think the blue eyes thing is no way. Your parents definitely do not have to have blue eyes for you to. Otherwise, I like this and would love for Juliet to Mom.

JiMMy-BoY

4. Sure Sawyer and Juliet were together & almost engaged, but don't forget that Juliet and Jack had their steamy moments in season 3 & 4.Nice thoery. :)

BooneDock
02-24-2010, 06:50 AM

can someone get a screen cap on that scene and also a screen cap of all the numbers and names

I remember hearing on a DVD that the monastery & Oxford were actually the same shooting locations. So technically you'd see both! :)

I didn't see that though. I saw the church where young Sawyer was sitting after his parents funeral & the place where Sun and Jin were married.

flute0001
02-24-2010, 06:54 AM
At the audition in ALT:

Dogen comments that "they're so young to be under such pressure." Then he asks Jack how long his boy has been playing and he doesn't know???

After seeing Jack notice a "new" scar and remembering that in the last episode he discovered a scrape under his shirt collar, it makes me wonder how he is so disconnected with his own life in this flash-sideways!

BooneDock
02-24-2010, 06:55 AM
I'm not up on my genetics, but I think the blue eyes thing is no way. Your parents definitely do not have to have blue eyes for you to. Otherwise, I like this and would love for Juliet to Mom.

haha I wasn't looking at it from a genetic POV, more of a casting choice. I think they chose a young man with clear blue eyes to give us insight as to who the mother was :)

Ferenci130
02-24-2010, 06:55 AM

I bet it is Sarah, jack's ex-wife.

bongzilla
02-24-2010, 06:56 AM

Chopin did not compose opera. But you could be right. It'd fit.

I'm still wagering on Gaby Busoni just because of the surname.

foxbat
02-24-2010, 06:56 AM
they didn't show Juliet dying this week

WTF ????

Hesler14
02-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Ok I have a lot but let me know what you think

first, LOST always references real ideas and people (with names like Locke, Hawking, Faraday, etc.) so based on this im assuming they will use real time travel theories. Scientists have stated that if time travel was possible, events could not be changed to affect the future, but instead a whole new 'ALT' timeline will be created.

SO, the bomb going off created two separate timelines- one with the crash (and off island drama, oceanic 6, etc) AND THE OTHER with the ALT timeline being showed in this season.

SO in this ALT timeline, there is no island anymore because its under the sea. This would mean that Hurleys unlucky cursed numbers dont exist (meaning that he wasnt lying to Sawyer in the Season 6 premier about being lucky). ALSO, this would mean that Juliet would never go to the island, making it a possibility that she and Jack met and had their son from this episode.

SO eventually the 2 timelines will eventually have to intersect and this will possibly be done by Jack (seeing that he is commonly the 'hero') or possibly by Desmond- - because we do know that he is special and that the rules dont apply to him. Eloise did say the island wasnt done with him.

This could possibly explain why he was on the plane for a brief period in the opener. Maybe he is doing his research in both timelines in order to get things back to the way they should be.

JUST SOME IDEAS...lemme know what you guys think

domzy
02-24-2010, 06:58 AM
^
great another theory to add on to the hundreds more of what people think the alt actually is.

jssp4709
02-24-2010, 06:59 AM
...Also the key to the door of the house was under a rabbit...

BooneDock
02-24-2010, 07:00 AM
At the audition in ALT:

Dogen comments that "they're so young to be under such pressure." Then he asks Jack how long his boy has been playing and he doesn't know???

They kind of cleared it up why Jack "didn't know" when David and Jack were talking by the bicycle rack, didn't they? David didn't want to seem like a failure in his fathers eyes & then Jack told him he could never disappoint him (or something along those lines) Then he said he didn't want their relationship to turn out to be like his and Christian's.

Another reason he didn't know is because he isn't really an active father. David said, in the kitchen, they see each other once a month. :)

Hart
02-24-2010, 07:01 AM
haha I wasn't looking at it from a genetic POV, more of a casting choice. I think they chose a young man with clear blue eyes to give us insight as to who the mother was :)

they failed, apparently.:D

Hesler14
02-24-2010, 07:05 AM
I'm in favor of everybody coming. Widmore, Walt, Aaron...even David if he wants. Then they can do a Bollywood ending.

I think Walt is out of the picture considering in real life he is too old to represent his younger self

Hart
02-24-2010, 07:06 AM
At the audition in ALT:

After seeing Jack notice a "new" scar and remembering that in the last episode he discovered a scrape under his shirt collar, it makes me wonder how he is so disconnected with his own life in this flash-sideways!

Was Jack not knowing how long his son has been playing part of the realities mumbo jumbo or insight (along with the awkward distance between them) into their relationship ... or both?

I got the impression kinda that maybe David had been living with his mom and (maybe Jack was even out of the picture for a while - note his rooms (at Jack's, it looked like an unlived in hotel room; at Mom's, all his stuff was there, including classical music posters broadcasting his interests)) now Jack was here to reinsert himself as caring father to which David, of course, rebels.

Time Will Tell
02-24-2010, 07:20 AM
I bet it is Sarah, jack's ex-wife.

wait - if the plane didn't crash in the ALT version, wouldn't Jack have had that second drink with Ana Lucia? Annndd maybe later they, y'know, flew United. *nudge nudge wink wink*. Hence David?

BooneDock
02-24-2010, 07:26 AM
I can't even begin to fathom how the Island & ALT are going to come together in the end. My head starts to spin just thinking about it!! I just hope it doesn't end like "Life on Mars" where we find out they're all in suspended animation on their travels in space. hehe :)

modernmethod
02-24-2010, 07:27 AM
I think that the names written on the dial are written by different people. There are several in all-caps and several with only the first letter capitalized. Just doesn't make since for someone to go back and forth on the way they write. Makes me wander if half were written by Jacob and the other half written by MiB. Also, I noticed that the name Barnes was on the dial twice- once in all-caps and once with only a capital B.

Were both Jacob and MiB looking for "candidates" to carry on with their will? Jacob- someone to protect the island; MiB- someone to get everyone off the island.

Hart
02-24-2010, 07:32 AM
I think that the names written on the dial are written by different people. There are several in all-caps and several with only the first letter capitalized. Just doesn't make since for someone to go back and forth on the way they write. Makes me wander if half were written by Jacob and the other half written by MiB. Also, I noticed that the name Barnes was on the dial twice- once in all-caps and once with only a capital B.

Were both Jacob and MiB looking for "candidates" to carry on with their will? Jacob- someone to protect the island; MiB- someone to get everyone off the island.

well, could be. maybe one list is candidates for X position and the other list is candidates for Y position. would explain inconsistencies in the lists.

imrational
02-24-2010, 08:00 AM
I liked Jack's ALT story, and I liked seeing more Hugo... but all in all, I thought it was the worst episode so far this season. I even liked the Kate centric episode better.

So, what do the numbers mean? After all this time we finally learn... that there are ancient magic mirrors and a telescope where a godlike being can watch down on his chosen people. Man of Faith versus Man of Reason? They just gutted the man of Reason with an axe... and apparently to underline that fact, they have a crazy chick gut a rationally sounding guy with an axe.

If anyone is expecting real answers by the end of the show, let me tell you... you are playing on the side of "Man of Faith". They have introduced more mysteries in each episode than they have answered this season.

Meran
02-24-2010, 08:04 AM
No one has even mentioned this week's obvious-me-flavor: it's very Myst-like! The reflections in the Lighthouse, heck, the ~style of it, how it works, both mechanically and magically. Of course, Jack strong arming everything isn't quite as expected :) in Myst, not only would turning the Lighthouse dial show a picture, it'd prob also open a door somewhere... In fact, it still could have. Lol

thanks for the screencaps dude; but really, was a sneak peak at cleavage really called for? I'm not a prude, but hey, there are places for that kind of thing...

Hey, if it's Juliet as mom, she's out of town right? Maybe Sawyer has flown in to meet up with her:) and I agree, AltJack is finally someone I could appreciate.

One more thing: wasn't Miles' name (Straum) crossed out in the cave? Did anyone see it on the lamp dial? I've grown to like him; he wasn't dead last we saw; yet I'm pretty sure his name was struck in the cave.

Oh and I'm staring to bite my nails again: exciting episode and FAR TOO SHORT. That hour was done before I was ready!!!!

BooneDock
02-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Chopin did not compose opera. But you could be right. It'd fit.

I'm still wagering on Gaby Busoni just because of the surname.

I saw your theory on another thread! :) Hmm she's got blue eyes too! lol

pbermel
02-24-2010, 09:15 AM
I died a little inside when Jack smashed the mirrors. Hoping against hope that there might be a little more information in store regarding this lighthouse.

domzy
02-24-2010, 09:16 AM
thats hothead jackface for you.

always lets his emotions get the best of him

zubieta
02-24-2010, 09:36 AM

101 - FARADAY (crossed)
104 - LEWIS (crossed)
117 - LINUS (crossed) Is it ben or his dad?
120 - Rodriguez (Ana Lucia, crossed)
124 - Dawson (Michael, crossed)
109 - Friendly (LOL Mr. FRIENDLY AHAHAA)
98 & 112 - Two HORTONs?

and

... 108 - Wallace (crossed)

Who the hell is Wallace?
maybe jacob only intention was jack seeing the reflection of his old house

bongzilla
02-24-2010, 09:49 AM
... 108 - Wallace (crossed)

Who the hell is Wallace?
maybe jacob only intention was jack seeing the reflection of his old house

Man, you don't remember WALLACE? WTF is wrong with you. PAY ATTENTION.

Wallace was my favorite character on LOST. Wallace friggin' ruled.

Long live Wallace.

peterdaly
02-24-2010, 09:49 AM
I noticed there was a Bottle of MacCutcheon's in Jacks Mas place :)

domzy
02-24-2010, 09:56 AM
faradays name doesnt look like its crossed out in that screen cap hmmm.

bongzilla
02-24-2010, 10:00 AM
faradays name doesnt look like its crossed out in that screen cap hmmm.

Which screencap?

Rjinswand
02-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Its probably nothing, but when Hurley was looking for the secret passage, wasn't that an Omega symbol that he found it at?