PDA

View Full Version : The Magicians by Lev Grossman

FrecklyAss
05-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Has anyone else read this book and want to discuss?

Its about magicians in a Harry Potter type of world, but much darker with a very flawed main character and adult themes.
I really had a wonderful time reading most of the book and I was surprised about the very LOST type connection that you get towards the end.

Anyway, I read a lot and this book in particular really made me think.
Anyone else read it?

Tim Paine
10-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Yes, there's no harm in reading a book. If you don't like it, just don't read it again. I read The Magicians and liked it, but it's not one of my favourites.

beenvaker
02-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Yes, there's no harm in reading a book. If you don't like it, just don't read it again. I read The Magicians and liked it, but it's not one of my favourites.

firecrash
06-05-2012, 04:20 PM
im looking for the book, anything that resembles harry potter interests me :)

bencyjack1
07-16-2012, 01:46 PM
“Lev Grossman's novel The Magicians may just be the most subversive, gripping and enchanting fantasy novel I've read this century.”

LostHighway
08-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Has anyone else read this book and want to discuss?

Its about magicians in a Harry Potter type of world, but much darker with a very flawed main character and adult themes.
I really had a wonderful time reading most of the book and I was surprised about the very LOST type connection that you get towards the end.

Anyway, I read a lot and this book in particular really made me think.
Anyone else read it?

Actually, someone just loaned me a copy. I'd never ehard of it til then, so I had to see what was being said here. I'm going to read it right after I finish Stephen King's It--which I like very much so far (almost halfway through). Then I'll get back to The Magicians and hope it's as good as reported.