PDA

View Full Version : Connections to Watership Down

burgundee21
05-25-2010, 04:12 AM
I'm about half way through Watership Down, so I'm not an authority on the connections, but the ideas of "human" nature and group dynamics is similar to that found in LOST. Both are obviously about survival and creating a new society. Both involve creatures that are often naive, overly trusting, or don't believe the one in their group who has "visions" or is skeptical.
Not just about bunnies, that's for sure! I can't even think of them as bunnies - more human to me.
When the losties leave the beach to go the caves, it totally reminded me of when the rabbits first leave the warren and go to the place with the traps. Someone could remind me, but weren't some of the cave dwellers "trapped" during their stay in the caves?
Recruitment of the other bunnies in the barn is like recruiting from other groups on the island... too much of a stretch?
Any other specific connections you can make?

Tim Paine
10-22-2010, 11:21 AM
I fall asleep in my recliner every night after dinner. I usually sleep about a hour sometimes longer. Then I am good for a few more hours of TV before I get up and go to bed.

beenvaker
02-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Read the book and write down any passages you can relate to and impacts the story in some way. Try finding connections from the passage that have to do with your interests, friends, thoughts, hobbies.