The Wine Snobs

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Ahhhh...wine. So delicious. I plan on cracking open a bottle of Francis Ford Coppola Claret tonight. It's pretty cheap ($15-18) and is probably my favorite of his cheaper wines. It's a cabernet blend but isn't as overwhelming as the regular cabernet. The high end stuff is awesome (Niebaum-Coppola) but pricey.

So what kind of grape do you prefer?
  2. scocub
    scocub
    I actually watched Lost last night with a glass or two of Coppola Pinot Noir. I think Coppola wine is pretty good for it's price range. Also a good find in that price range is American Winetasters Society Wines I really like their Cabernet Sauvignon and their Pinot Noir is outstanding except it's only sold in limited quantities each year so it can be hard to fine.
  3. Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Some of the best Pinot I've had was from Oregon: Chateau Ste. Michelle. Coppola is really hard to beat. I don't think their wines are the best, but they're always solid and you can't really go wrong.

I've really been into whites here lately. I got a bottle of my favorite white right now this weekend: Hook and Ladder Gerwurztraminer ($12). It's really good and goes well with spicy dishes. My wife and I also tried another white that came highly recommended called Obsession Symphony. Symphony is this fairly new grape that is a cross between a Muscat and Grenache, I think. Anyways...it was really fruity and had a bit of spice. Really good, especially considering it was just $9.
  4. i sell seals!
    i sell seals!
    ooh, i have wine parties every month! so much fun!

i prefer whites, mostly sweet ones, like reisling and gerwurztraminers. oh, and moscatos. they're not snobby, but sooooooooo yummy!
  5. AlaskaDave
    AlaskaDave
    oh man, thank god I found you guys

Quote Originally Posted by DRD
    Chateau Ste. Michelle.
    their Reisling is a bit sweet, but that Pinot is effing amazing

Quote Originally Posted by DRD
    Obsession Symphony
    I know that all too well.. again, beautiful bottling, a stunning look and a great drink. Obsession is providing a new varietal in the next few years I heard, too
  6. Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Quote Originally Posted by ISS
    i prefer whites, mostly sweet ones, like reisling and gerwurztraminers. oh, and moscatos. they're not snobby, but sooooooooo yummy!
    Me too. I'm the only guy I know that likes white wine. I guess it has a stigma of being a girly drink for some reason, which is stupid. I think for the price range, you get so much more complexity and flavor with a white than you can with many reds. I'm not knocking reds...I'm just saying that for $15 you are probably more likely to get a better white than red.

Moscatos rule. I don't care if I ever drink champagne/sparkling whites again.

Quote Originally Posted by AD
    their Reisling is a bit sweet, but that Pinot is effing amazing
    Agree about the Riesling. Their Gerwurztraminer is a little too sweet too. I like Columbia's Merlot for the price ($9-$10). It's not the best in the world, but it beats Yellow Tail. That Obsession Symphony is great. I had another bottle of it this past weekend. Nommy nom nom nom.
  7. i sell seals!
    i sell seals!
    wow, you guys are making me want to try obsession symphony again. i didn't like it when i tried it before.

has anyone had moscato asti? it's a blend of sweet champange and moscato. if only i could live on it
  8. Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Dharma Ranch Dressing
    I love Mocato d' Asti. I can't remember the name of the Moscato that I usually buy...all I can remember is that its Italian and about $25.
  9. i sell seals!
    i sell seals!
    i haven't seen it in any of the stores i go to. but it's good to know it's out there!
  10. AlaskaDave
    AlaskaDave
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharma "I swear I'm not gay because I drink white wine" Ranch Dressing
    It's not the best in the world, but it beats Yellow Tail.
    erm, anything beats Yellow Tail

Quote Originally Posted by i sell LOOSESEALs
    wow, you guys are making me want to try obsession symphony again. i didn't like it when i tried it before.
    i didn't enjoy it right away, it made my teeth ache for a bit. But bought two bottles to bring to poker last year and fell in love with it. Maybe it was the Jack Daniels talking, but I'm pretty sure I really enjoyed it
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Bitcoin Donations: 14XbHWbqCVnZ1fUVeFaEXPn1Jezu5ngH5w