Claters United

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Dharma Ranch Dressing
    So what is everyone's least favorite thing about Claire? Mine is that she is basically just a wallflower on the show. Her character is mostly uninteresting and very pointless now that Charlie is gone. I don't necessarily want her off the show (I wouldn't cry over it) I just want her to be relegated to Rose/Bernard status: a background character that doesn't really drain the time and resources of the show.
  2. ADDICTEDTOTHESHINDIG
    ADDICTEDTOTHESHINDIG
    I share your views on Claire for the most part DRD. The reason I don't like Claire is that she bores me. I liked season 1 Claire but since then I have found most of the screentime devoted to her either boring at it's best or downright irritating at it's worse (STAY AWAY FROM MY BABY JUNKIE). Season 3 she was relegated to the role of either Aaron's mom or Jack's secret sister and it felt like the screentime they did give her at the end of 3 was just given to advance the Charlie story or to make the audience who didn't like him feel the tiniest bit of sadness when he died.

I think I remember reading on the Clater thread that you hated her flashbacks. Her flashbacks are the one part of the Claire story that I have actually liked. Not so much the reveal about Christian, but the rest of the flashback stories - being dumped by Aaron's Dad, the creepy psychic, that she was once goth, that she was responsible for the accident that put her mother in a coma - I felt these gave Claire a depth she just seems to be missing in her on-island story.

I would love for my opinion to change, for the writers to give her a story that would make me embrace the character, but I'm not holding my breath.
  3. Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Dharma Ranch Dressing
    I agree with you about her flashbacks...there are some decent ones in there and I think the psychic thing is really interesting. I always forget about that. Which is why her character is so frustrating...why haven't they explored that more? I hope they do.
  4. Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Dharma Ranch Dressing
    So...there's just 4 of us, huh? I guess everyone got tired of that Clater thread...although it was the hottest thing going during the roughest part of the hiatus.
  5. CurbFan
    CurbFan
    So...there's just 4 of us, huh? I guess everyone got tired of that Clater thread...although it was the hottest thing going during the roughest part of the hiatus.
    I expect most of the non-OT'ers haven't even spotted the groups yet. Maybe you should plug this one?
  6. AlaskaDave
    AlaskaDave

how bout this for the group avi:

7. fredcar
    fredcar
    i like the little one better.

as for my dislike of claire. she isn't interesting so i don't like her... is that circular logic?
  8. AlaskaDave
    AlaskaDave
    meh i whipped them up during lecture a few months back

at least we've got something to look at.. gotta love that look she's giving in the big pic... "oh im just an innocent aussie...OR AM I???!!!!"

9. CurbFan
    CurbFan
    meh i whipped them up during lecture a few months back
    Was it a class about Claire?
  10. Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Yay! Dave has joined us!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Bitcoin Donations: 14XbHWbqCVnZ1fUVeFaEXPn1Jezu5ngH5w