1. thirday413
    thirday413
    I've built it.....now you come!
  2. Lollipop
    Lollipop
    *runs up out of breath* "Here!"
  3. pac611
    pac611
    OK, I'm here. I want to discuss the Oz/Wonderland/Narnia reference that they made in the 02/18 podcast. All of those lands are "real" lands, connected to our world via unusual portals, "just like our island."

So the bearing is the portal in? Is it constant, or are there variations on how to get there, like Narnia and Oz? What other portals are there?
  4. thirday413
    thirday413
    I've always liked the idea that one of the portal(s) was a room in The Looking Glass. Hence the "bumpy ride" Ethan was talking about to Juliet and the "fake" sub ride she was forced to be knocked out for. Not 100% sure though.
  5. thirday413
    thirday413
    Also I recommend looking at the Vile Vortices theory for other possible portals to the island. Just take a glance at the locations of the "vortices". This could explain alot of things. (i.e. Nigerian Plane, Black Rock, Oceanic 815, location of artic listening station, theory that the Other, Amelia, is really Amelia Earhart)
  6. pac611
    pac611
    So can we talk about the Orchid video here, since they mentioned that in the podcast? I ask because I think it has something to do with portals.
  7. pac611
    pac611
    I read the Vile Vortices theory before, but I need to refresh my memory.
  8. Lollipop
    Lollipop
    All of those lands are "real" lands, connected to our world via unusual portals, "just like our island."

So the bearing is the portal in? Is it constant, or are there variations on how to get there, like Narnia and Oz? What other portals are there?
    I am thinking that there is more than only one portal. I don't think I have read the Vile Vortices theory - I will do that tonight. Also, I am ok with talking about the Orchid video. To me that is a "must see". Thirday do you have an opinion on the Orchid video?
  9. pac611
    pac611
    I just reread the Vile Vortices on LP, Wikipedia and Deepinfo. What none of them posits is a theory about where missing plane/ships go once they disappear in a vortex.

So if we're theorizing that our island may be a dumping ground for at least one of these vortices, do we think it may be the dumping ground for all of them? Or are they all interconnected somehow?

And Lollipop--I agree, there is probably more than one portal, but maybe there is only one portal for planes and boats?
  10. thirday413
    thirday413
    Orchid video was a fun tidbit to keep us going over the summer. I think something we can hone in on from this previous podcast was the link of "bunnys with 8's" and "polar bears in tunsinia"......a link to the Dharma Inititive's past experiments.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Bitcoin Donations: 14XbHWbqCVnZ1fUVeFaEXPn1Jezu5ngH5w