The Wine Snobs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
  1. Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Dharma Ranch Dressing
    We tried the Benton Lane Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley, OR) at the urging of the salesman at the wine shop. Meh. It was about $25 and I wasn't too impressed. We only drank about a glass a piece the first night then stuck it in the fridge and let it get room temp the next day. It was much better, but still average at best.

Do you guys decant your red wines at all or just pour them from the bottle? I've got a decanter, but I've only used it once.
  2. i sell seals!
    i sell seals!
    eh, i don't decant anything but port and sherry. chocolate port = heaven!
  3. Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Dharma Ranch Dressing
    I'm going to a huuuge wine tasting event this Saturday. Unfortunately, it's all TN wine which is pretty mediocre.
  4. i sell seals!
    i sell seals!
    but still, that's fun! did you find any you liked?
  5. Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Dharma Ranch Dressing
    Actually, 1 or 2. The very best TN wines are slightly above say...Yellow Tail. Many are on par with Yellow Tail...most are below it. We had a few that tasted like grape juice and bathtub gin, but a few that were actually pretty good. Most TN wine is really sweet because it gets so damn hot here that the grape turns into a sugar bomb. So we make decent whites, and one or 2 decent reds.

It was fun, though. Getting a little tipsy with friends on a perfect day by a lake.
  6. Robbyn
    Robbyn
    Yay Wine!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Bitcoin Donations: 14XbHWbqCVnZ1fUVeFaEXPn1Jezu5ngH5w