View Poll Results: Do you think Find815 is canon?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 13.33%
  • No

14 31.11%
  • It's Semi-Canon

25 55.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Find815 canon or not?!

Default Is Find815 canon or not?!

Firstly, I apologize if this has been mentioned before.

I'm sure atleast some of you have seen the EW interview with Damon and Carlton.
    If not here it is.

Basically, what I want to know is if you guys think that Find815 is canon based on what they said in the interview.

Here's what the producers say about Find815:
    LINDELOF: We cannot say that any of that stuff in ''Find 815'' is in canon. The Maxwell Group is something that Hoodlum came up with. Last fall, we presented them with the idea that, at the beginning of the second episode, a salvage ship was going to find wreckage of Oceanic 815. From there, they came up with a story — and backstory — that led up to that event. [Some background: Prior to the strike, the producers and ABC's marketing team hired a company in Australia called Hoodlum to execute ''Find 815.'']

CUSE: We provided the creative framework but didn't oversee the execution.
    They didn't definitively say it wasn't canon. Damon merely said that they can't say that it is.

When asked what was canon, they said:
    CUSE: The mobisodes are in canon. The Orchid video is in canon. The videogame is not in canon. It's unfair for the audience to go to ancillary sources in order to really understand the show. Even the things like the mobisodes, which are in canon, aren't essential to your understanding of the show. These things are just added bonuses.

LINDELOF: The only true canon is the show itself.
    No mention of Find815 here, but Damon does say that only the show is truly canon.
    What do you guys think? Can Find 815 be considered canon?
    Or did we all just waste ALOT of time with it.

I did not waste a lot of time with it there was one game I could not figure out and quit. When i came back a day or two later it let me play the next segment so I never wasted much time having to solve something I did not understand.

My awesome sig was made by Kittylili

Photobucket sucks
    [I am Kitty's sugar daddy My Mantra is Ji Ya]

I think you are just arguing semantics.

We cannot say that any of that stuff in ''Find 815'' is in canon.
    That means it's not canon. I'm not sure how else you would interpret that.

Default a

sure the maxwell group may have been created by hoodlum,but it also says [in talbots' briefcase] that it is a subsidiary of the widmore corp,therefore part of the hanso foundation

It's semi canon. We first learned in Find 815 that a salvage ship called Christiane I found the fake pane. This was later confirmed on the show.

So yeah, answering "No" in this poll is just wrong. It's really between the other 2 options. And even if the rest isn't canon we didn't waste our time with it. I was kind of ready for this, nobody said it was canon, so you couldn't just assume it was.

It was a fun game, even if it wasn't canon all the way through.

As far as I see it, it's not canon. Darlton told Hoodlum a salvage ship would find the wreckage in season four and they came up with an ARG round that. It wasn't TPTB so isn't really relevant to the show. Just a fun thing to keep people occupied during the hiatus.
    Thank you LC

Default a

well one other way to interpret it is---"WE cannot say that any of that stuff in find 815 is in canon"

Whatever the concept of these "games" is, I'm not getting it at all...

yea. i haz no idea what all these weird DWY and find 815 stuff are. BRING BACK RACHEL!
    Rachel is gonna get dirty underground!! someone get a shower ready! Second Of The Number Members!!
    (member #8-HAH! top that dirty (see above) rachel blake!!)

sorry for all that randomness... (btw, TLE #1 was better than the other 2)

Definitely semi! Nothing els!

+ Reply to Thread