+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible All in One Theory - In progress

The maps and part about Zealandia are very nice work.

Well, its been confirmed that Yemi was indeed the monster.

In the Temple toasting marshmallows with Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by theyneedyou View Post
    Well, its been confirmed that Yemi was indeed the monster.
    Okay, where did that happen? Looked and maybe I'm just not good at ferreting that out.

1 Step closer to the end with every episode. And that means we're all 1 step closer to finding out how bad my original theory will turn out to be. Seriously doubt most of it myself now, but it has parts I think may still prove true.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic_1 View Post
    Okay, where did that happen? Looked and maybe I'm just not good at ferreting that out.
    PODcast.

Well that helps as long as we take what they say as fact. But I thought we weren't supposed to take the podcasts as fact.

Thanks for pointing it out tho
    Last edited by nomadic_1; 04-05-2008 at 12:11 AM. Reason: spelling

1 Step closer to the end with every episode. And that means we're all 1 step closer to finding out how bad my original theory will turn out to be. Seriously doubt most of it myself now, but it has parts I think may still prove true.

Quote Originally Posted by theyneedyou View Post
    PODcast.

I actually want to thank you for that. Seems on the same podcast they make a point of saying that Charlotte is a Cultural Anthropologist and that is significant. Then one of them, don't know which it is, says that Cultural Anthropolgists are "people who, like, study civilizations and ancient cultures....ancient cultures."

Kinda makes me feel that I just might be on the right track

- What about Rousseau? We know she's been there quite awhile judging by Alex's age if nothing else. Looks to be a bit more than the 16 years that message had been running in a loop. Alex seems to be a bit older than that to me. What strikes me as curious is that if Ben is the one that stole Alex from Rousseau, then why didn't she torture him or kill him when she had him in the net way back in Season 2? Why give Ben to our beloved 815 survivors if she knows he's the bad guy? At the very least she could have said "here's the leader of that bunch that I told you about". No, all she did was say he was dangerous, kept acting crazy and then give him the perfect reason to be in close proximity to Jack...he was wounded. Anyone else think she might be working with Ben all this time? Who says she's been on that island the whole time? Maybe Rousseau was an early attempt to see if they could conceive off the island and have the child come back.

I guess what triggered all of that was Ben pleading with her to take Alex away. Why in the world would she have any basis to believe that Ben cared for Alex if the only prior knowledge she had of him was as the jerk that stole her child? Basically I think that Rousseau is part of Ben's coterie of folks. He's shown that he could embed someone on a quick scale when needed. Maybe Rousseau is part of a long term plan to keep anyone that finds the island off balance as well as a means of infiltrating them. Maybe Rousseau is Annie? eh...I just don't know

Well that’s it. I may try to refine it a bit but I think we’re seeing a story that began thousands of years ago and the crash of 815 was our introduction to it. As the various survivors learn more about the island and the the Others/Hostiles I think it will begin to flesh out a story that, hopefully, looks like the one I’ve come up with. Feel free to shred it up.
    Overall, I rather enjoy your theory, perhaps not as all encompassing but as a basis of many of the elements of the story. I've never dwelt on the Four Toed statue as a great mystery, my assumption given size and decay was that is was ancient and in the vein of the Easter Island statues and Egyptian hieroglyphics, a representation of a person or being important to those who erected it. Anatomical correctness not required. So, yes, I'm agreed that there once was a civilization sophisticated enough to erect a giant statue.

Mainly though, I dissent on the issue of Rousseau. Her behavior from first encounter with Sayid has rung true with me. Once convinced he was not an Other, she did nothing but try to persuade him to stay, to protect him from the threat outside- she stated expressly a desire for- someone to talk to. Nothing in her behavior indicated a desire to be nearer the Losties. She has gone feral and while wanting human contact, also wanted to stay within her 'territory', that area she has established as safe for herself.

If nothing else, look to her abduction of Aaron. If she were working for Ben or controlled by Ben, she would have made a beeline for the compound to secure him there as it is the policy of the Others to make safe all children on the Island as innocents. In that same vein of thought, if she were taking Aaron to the Others as an agent, she would not have hesitated to kill Charlie and Sayid to keep him to that end. Ethan certainly had no compunction about murdering adults. Nor Goodwin. And she was armed.

Ben could just as easily have been on his way to the Lostie camp to play his role as Henry Gale to get closer and inadvertently been captured as it could be a set up. I've always viewed Danielle's handing him over like a cat casting a dead thing at your feet as a sign of affection. Here, I'm taking care of you. A gesture of good faith, I told you they were here, here is my proof that you can trust me. (Yes, this can be taken both ways, as an honest gesture or part of a ploy.) I believed her despair and remorse as expressed when she surrendered Aaron to Sayid.

I've never seen the oddity in Rousseau accepting Ben's assertion of Alex being 'his' daughter. Loony she may be, but intelligent. They were speaking of perception, Ben is right to assume people with enough information to track him down also know of Alex, who has been identified as his daughter her entire life. Michael was no father to Walt for nearly ten years, do we question his love? No. Why would anyone question Ben's love of Alex just because it turns out she was not his biologically, for sixteen years she was seen and lived as his daughter. Acknowledging this perception was not only intelligent, but sane.

Ben did not abduct Walt, nor Emma, nor Zach nor Claire/Aaron, he had his people do it. While it's possible I missed something (I haven't re-watched most of the series, yet.) There's no reason to believe Danielle ever saw Ben at all, let alone identify him as leader of the people she purposely avoided and asserts to have never seen, just heard. I'll admit to working straight off of memory on the abduction of Alex part and if wrong, please correct.

I do not believe Danielle works for Ben. I do know there's sooo much more to her story we have not seen, but based on her behavior and actions to date, I believe she is who she says she is. A woman alone for sixteen years, kept alive by her wits and one burning need, to get her child back. And now, to protect that child.
    "Well behaved woman rarely make history."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Ty in The Whispers

Quote Originally Posted by banuisce View Post
    Mainly though, I dissent on the issue of Rousseau. Her behavior from first encounter with Sayid has rung true with me. Once convinced he was not an Other, she did nothing but try to persuade him to stay, to protect him from the threat outside- she stated expressly a desire for- someone to talk to. Nothing in her behavior indicated a desire to be nearer the Losties. She has gone feral and while wanting human contact, also wanted to stay within her 'territory', that area she has established as safe for herself.

If nothing else, look to her abduction of Aaron. If she were working for Ben or controlled by Ben, she would have made a beeline for the compound to secure him there as it is the policy of the Others to make safe all children on the Island as innocents. In that same vein of thought, if she were taking Aaron to the Others as an agent, she would not have hesitated to kill Charlie and Sayid to keep him to that end. Ethan certainly had no compunction about murdering adults. Nor Goodwin. And she was armed.

Ben could just as easily have been on his way to the Lostie camp to play his role as Henry Gale to get closer and inadvertently been captured as it could be a set up. I've always viewed Danielle's handing him over like a cat casting a dead thing at your feet as a sign of affection. Here, I'm taking care of you. A gesture of good faith, I told you they were here, here is my proof that you can trust me. (Yes, this can be taken both ways, as an honest gesture or part of a ploy.) I believed her despair and remorse as expressed when she surrendered Aaron to Sayid.
    Can't really argue with any of that I reckon. I hadn't really considered the part about the abduction of Aaron so I'll have to go back and watch it again. And I liked your cat analogy as far as Ben is concerned.

Yet I can't say that I really agree with you either. Very well thought out and concise it's just that my gut tells me that she isn't being honest with them. After 4 seasons you would think that at least one FB would have been given up if what she has been saying is true.

Reckon we'll see what comes out in the wash as the rest of the season unfolds

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic_1 View Post
    Can't really argue with any of that I reckon. I hadn't really considered the part about the abduction of Aaron so I'll have to go back and watch it again. And I liked your cat analogy as far as Ben is concerned.

Yet I can't say that I really agree with you either. Very well thought out and concise it's just that my gut tells me that she isn't being honest with them. After 4 seasons you would think that at least one FB would have been given up if what she has been saying is true.

Reckon we'll see what comes out in the wash as the rest of the season unfolds
    Thank you and agreed, Danielle has not told them everything. Yes, there have been inconsistencies, but who can recall every detail of events sixteen years ago with perfect accuracy? Her guardedness is to be understood, I have things I'd rather not remember myself. She seems to have lost all track of time before meeting Sayid. Oddly, but consistent with the show, she hasn't been asked many questions. Oh, and to further my point regarding Claire/Aaron, Rousseau helped Claire get back to the camp after she found Claire wandering confused in the jungle after escaping Ethan (with Alex's help) Another opportunity to put them in the Other's hands, this time with no witnesses. Claire, with every reason in the world to go 'Charlie' on Rousseau, did not, she came to forgive her, even feel sorry for her. (Maternity Leave)

I reckon they've been saving everything Danielle for the most mind blowing FB the series has had since 'Walkabout'. I chill to imagine it. Appreciate the feedback.
    "Well behaved woman rarely make history."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Ty in The Whispers

Okay so call me an idiot. Really, go ahead.

I never thought to actually look at what the whispers were saying. Never crossed my mind. Well, since I have now I edited the part about Jacob and the whispers.

So, I still think it has to do with ESP/Psionics in regards to the whispers. It's obvious, if you take what is shown here as a good transcript that these "people" can see Sawyer yet can't be seen by him. I'm still thinking that they are hiding in the open by laying down a fog of mind zappery to keep folks from seeing them.

But I'm willing to be wrong

+ Reply to Thread