+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The numbers, magnetic permeability and Mu

Default The numbers, magnetic permeability and Mu

I mentioned this information in the ABC.com Lost Wiki several weeks ago but no one has commented on it. Since this is a much more active forum, so I thought I'd bring it up here and see what you guys think. You may have seen this info before but I'd like your thoughts...

In Windows alt codes.... alt + 4 8 15 16 23 42 = µ (also known as "Mu")
    Mu (uppercase Μ, lowercase μ) is the 12th letter of the Greek alphabet, and the symbol is representative of magnetic permeability (a possible connection to the magnetic properties of the hatch and the Island in general). Also, anything followed by 15 16 23 42 equals Mu (µ) in Windows alt codes....

Mu (aka Lemuria), is also the name of a lost island civilization that existed 78,000 years ago in the South Pacific, located somewhere in the Pacific Ring of Fire. The ancient civilization lasted many thousands of years, populated by 64 million people, and was eventually sunk by large earthquakes and tsunamis (the catastrophic December 26, 2004 tsunami happened in the same place where Mu/Lemuria is thought to have existed). It is theorized that the Mu civilization was well-advanced beyond our current civilization and may have been populated by aliens, as dicussed at length by James Churchward in his series of five books written in the 1920's and 30's.

Additionally, many underwater statues have been discovered in the ring of fire. When I saw pictures on them on wikipedia, I was immediately reminded of the four-toed statue.

Wow, I personally hadn't read that... nice theory.

I knew Bill Gates needed to be involved , that bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Jackface View Post

I knew Bill Gates needed to be involved , that bastard
    Ha! He has his hand in EVERYTHING... Bill Gates is secretly trying to take over the world. I personally think he's the reason we have atrocities like Wal-Mart (aka The DeathStar).

You're really smart, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackface View Post
    You're really smart, you know?
    Thanks! But I'm not sure it took much "smarts" to figure that out!

Default Regarding Mu

MU is typical sci-fi jargon for "mirror universe." You get it, right? Not a universe made out of mirrors (actually that would kinda be like DLP technology), but a universe that mirrors the universe we live in.

MU is also the concept of "no thing." For example, in the normal manner of things I turn the light switch "on" and the lights turn on. I turn the light switch "off" and the lights go off. Suppose the light bulb is burned out, broken, or missing. I turn the switch on but no light appears. The light is in the state of MU - it is NO THING.

The laws of the lightswitch do not apply to burned out light bulbs.

This concept applies to the show. The rules don't apply to the Losties anymore.

Another example of MU comes from the question "Does your wife still have a drug problem?" "Yes" assumes I have a wife and that she has a drug problem. "No" assumes I have a wife, and she had a drug problem, but it isn't a problem anymore. But if I don't have a wife or if my wife never had a drug problem then "yes" and "no" don't answer the question. The only correct response is MU, "no such thing."

I'm afraid most of theories we post fall into that category. "Why didn't Locke see the smoke in the Pearl?" "The smoke proves someone was there." "Someone said they heard that DL said the cigarette was definitely smoking, meaning Patchy was just there."

The answer is MU - no smoke, no patch, no thing.

Default Smarty Pants

Quote Originally Posted by jackdutton42 View Post
    Whoa. And you think I'm smart? I had to read that three times to get it all. Nice work. I didn't know any of those things about Mu. But the more I read about it, the more it seems like a concept that the Lost producers would LOVE.

I was under the impression that Windows alt commands maxed out at four digs...

Quote Originally Posted by SWANiACHi! View Post
    I was under the impression that Windows alt commands maxed out at four digs...
    To be honest, I wouldn't know. I got the alt code info from a programmer/Lost geek that posted it on another forum. Several people from that forum tried it out and were surprised that it worked. I don't know how to do it, so try it and let us know!

Once I read it, I researched the rest of the stuff on Mu. But I'd really like to know if the alt code thing works.

Quote Originally Posted by jackdutton42 View Post
    How'd you get that answer? Did you just pull that out of an orifice?

+ Reply to Thread