+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lostpedia Interview - Jorge Garcia

Question The Lostpedia Interview - Jorge Garcia

Following on from the Michael Emerson and Rebecca Mader interviews, we have now managed to secure an interview with Jorge Garcia, who, of course, plays Hurley.

As I've said in all my previous topics, it's clear that there are going to be a lot of questions for Jorge. So, not everyone's question will be answered - don't take it personally, it's just bound to happen. Also, I have a limit of 15-20 questions, so it goes without saying that some will have to be omitted.

Also, try and steer clear of questions that are strictly plot-related (i.e. will Hurley get back to the Island? What are Ben's plans? etc, etc) because the cast have made it perfectly clear in prior interviews that they are not told ahead of time what is going to happen. Try and ask a question that no journalist would ever think to answer - perhaps about his experiences on the show, the process of filming a Lost episode, how he gets into and prepares for his role, and other things like that. In essence, the real gritty questions that you have always wanted answered. And, also, please try (if you can) to not ask questions that have already been asked – it just makes things easier when it comes to collating the questions.

The mistake I made with the Emerson interview was not to set a definitive deadline at the start. As such, you have until July 12 to ask questions.

Thank you very much!

Red Carpet and Rebellion -
    a board for graphic artists to test their skills and learn new ones!

Lostpedia has recently been conducting interviews with members of the Lost cast and crew.

This is a really blunt question, and will probably not be selected by our Lostpedia filter, but I'm a blunt person and I really wanna know this...

My favorite Hurley moments are those involving "weighty" comments from other characters. Charlie: "You must have food hidden somewhere. I mean, look at you." Sawyer: "You'll just slow us down Hugo. Look at you!" Hurley himself, during the O6 interview in the hangar: "Is that a shot at me?" Hurley's handlng of these comments is some of the most humanity-revealing moments. As a big guy yourself, playing a big guy, how do you feel about these scenes and lines?

Thank you.

I second asking how he feels about the weight lines. As a kind of heavy guy, myself, I've actually been deeply touched and moved by some of the scenes dealing with his weight, and I'm curious as to his feelings about those scenes--if they mean as much to him as they do to me.

I'd also like to ask the following:

You maintain a blog on which you occasionally mention the show. Early on you made some posts to the effect of the studio not being thrilled about the blog and its potential for "spoilers." Obviously, it hasn't been too big of an issue, since you're still posting, but are there any serious restrictions that you're under in your blogging? Are you encouraged to mention the show in your posts, or discouraged to do so?

...of course, I realize that's WAY too wordy...but something like that!

Also wondering, since he's noted as being one of the more approachable members of the cast, if he ever feels like he has fans going "too far" in seeking him out.

Thanks for doing this one!

It seems to me the character of Hurley was less of a means for comic relief during season 4, and when it was, the humour appeared to be rather cynical. How did you feel about the darker approach the writers have taken with your character?

Great coup Lost Soul! You really outdid yourself this time. Getting one of the original cast members is fantastic. I'm going to have to think long and hard about what to ask

Being designated as one of the "Oceanic 6," do you feel a bit safer in the regard that your character may actually make it through to the final season?

diggler's rules of ettiquette
    1) No punching me in the face!
    2) When I punch you in the face, you tell me how you feel...so I can write that down...on my clipboard.
    3) NO TOUCHING MY CLIPBORD!

Hi, Jorge! Do you speak speak fluent Spanish? And your character? If so, will we see him speaking Spanish as we did with Ana-Lucia?

It's just awesome how LP is getting these interviews. I can't wait to read them. I noticed on the Wiki interview page that Jorge is noted as a "minor cast member" and there is no photo.

*bats eyelashes at wiki editors*
    Ben's Wife and Constant
    Disclaimer: Bad Speller
    Commando Carbon, the resident nympho = OBFF
    Blacx and Lola are my LP siblings.
    Illy and Chris are angels!

AD=FTMFW!

Thanks to Penny for the smokin hott banner.
    Cori <3s Me and he is my Antony.
    /me is Malion's Pam.
    Moonshiner is my concubine.

Quote Originally Posted by lilkatielady View Post
    It's just awesome how LP is getting these interviews. I can't wait to read them. I noticed on the Wiki interview page that Jorge is noted as a "minor cast member" and there is no photo.

*bats eyelashes at wiki editors*
    Changed him to main cast. Let me see if i can add a picture too. Im a bit of a noob on the wiki.

Did you ever play the lottery using the numbers ? Also, considering the fact that you have to live with your role alot, was there ever a time when you yourself felt superstitios about the numbers?

+ Reply to Thread