+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss "Carrie" (main thread)

Default Discuss "Carrie" (main thread)

Okay, this is the main thread to post your opinions and general comments about the book "Carrie", as part of the Lostpedia Book Club.

For all the info about how this month will play out, see the blog post.

Just to reiterate, this is for general book discussion, for all aspects relating to Lost etc - if you've got a specific point you'd like to expand on with further discussion, by all means create your own thread. If you do this, try to make the title non-spoilery just in case others haven't finished the book yet. This would be much appreciated.

Happy reading everyone, and I hope the discussions prove fruitful!

P.S. Be sure to check the blog post for info on Lord of the Flies, which will be next month's read.
    Last edited by nickb123; 08-02-2008 at 05:20 PM.
    "And we're live in 4...8...15...16..."

Every time I read Chris Hargensen's character, I picture sweet, innocent, Claire.

So far, the book isn't that bad. It's not bad enough to not even read it in the "damn bathroom." It's actually quite good.

Is telekinesis the power that Walt has? It seems like he moved all those birds to him with his mind. But Walt's powers seem to actually go beyong that too, don't they?

It does seem that his power is similar to that of Carrie's.

*starts*

I couldn't find that much similarities between Lost and Carrie except for the psychic abilities that Walt.
    Could someone please help me find the similarites?
    Great book though I say we do the Stand next.

I think the common theme between 'Carrie' and LOST is Jacob. When Ben and Locke went to visit Jacob, he became angry, and objects started to dart around the room. Just a thought.... :-)

I think similarities can be drawn between Juliet's character and Carrie's character...if you think hard enough. Carrie is kind of a misfit at her school, as is Juliet among the others. Also, Carrie seems innocent, yet she holds a really dangerous power. Juliet's kind of like that. She's all sweet and it seems that she's always the victim. But she's killed people, and she has the ability to manipulate people as well.

Henry Grayle

Quote Originally Posted by HenryIan View Post
    Henry Grayle
    Good catch. I had forgotten all about him.

Chelsea, I like your train of thought. I always took Carrie's powers at face value, so applied them literally to Walt, and tried to think of who else on the island was "special." But I agree that symbolically they fit better with Juliet. She seems very capable of manipulating people and situations. Not psychically, but just through her own cunning and character.

+ Reply to Thread