+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoiler : New Email Found

Arrow Spoiler : New Email Found

Posting as spoiler as this is probably not meant to be released yet

http://lostoctagonglobalrecruiting.b...ail-found.html

All recruits are reminded that the unauthorized release of confidential information pertaining to the details of your activities within the Dharma Initiative will result in instant dismissal from the volunteer program.
    The first rule of Fight Club people!!!!

Q:How do they know it won't be sent until Friday?

A:an other
    "They are probably saying 8/8/08 because the "0808" in the address. They used "0729" in the last email that was sent on 7/29/08. Two more days till we learn we have to wait. I check the source. It contains the "Banks Claw" and a link to the hacked booth video"

Last edited by theotherbilly; 08-06-2008 at 08:53 PM.

Looks like it was hacked by Ruckus Guy because BANKS CLAW aka. BLACK SWAN is in the source code again.

Ha ha...looks like they're covering their collective ass for not having the ARG up and running to the satisfaction of the fanboys!

They are probably saying 8/8/08 because the "0808" in the address. They used "0729" in the last email that was sent on 7/29/08. Two more days till we learn we have to wait. I check the source. It contains the "Banks Claw" and a link to the hacked booth video.
    The Others. Songs about Lost.
    It's stressful being an other.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherbilly View Post
    How do they know it won't be sent until Friday?
    The location of the e-mail: http://www.dharmawantsyou.com/site/emails/0808.php. So far, all of the filenames of the Octagon and DharmaWantsYou e-mails corresponded with the date they were sent: the Octagon e-mail sent on the 18th of June could be found at 0618.php, the Octagon e-mail sent on the 16th of July could be found at 0716.php, and the DWY e-mail sent on the 29th of July can be found at 0729.php.

So it seems a logical assumption that this e-mail is meant to be sent out on the 8th of August, i.e. next Friday.

Thumbs down

This just puts everything on hold indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by suthrner View Post
    This just puts everything on hold indefinitely.
    Which is actually a pretty good way to get rid of people who're just barely leaning into it and would probably abandon it anyway. I mean, they're bound to spend some money on server-space, SMS, and possible mailings (they did ask for our addresses, afterall) that would go to waste on the barely involved.

BOOYA!

Methinks this is a real update people. DarkUFO said the person who sent him the link was LBDG. A google search of LBDG turned up this page, which says he is the author of this novel, which happens to be the same guy who owns this page.

WOOT!

More:

If you cut and paste from the darmawantsyou.com site, it grabs a line from higher in the page and inserts it below:

Be careful out there! This thing called “Internet” can be a dangerous place.

Namaste!

Jacob

Dharma Fanatic and author of the novel Timely Persuasion

(Or maybe this is part of the game and I just want you to think that...)

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

12, 22, 24, 47, 69
    The line "(Or maybe this is part of the game and I just want you to think that...)" is pulled from halfway up the page and inserted right above The Numbers. OK, I am so reading this tonight.
    Last edited by SystemMustNotFail; 08-06-2008 at 09:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread