+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Spoiler : New Email Found

Quote Originally Posted by SystemMustNotFail View Post
    BOOYA!

Methinks this is a real update people. DarkUFO said the person who sent him the link was LBDG. A google search of LBDG turned up this page, which says he is the author of this novel, which happens to be the same guy who owns this page.

WOOT!

Yes, there has already been some discussion about this author and his novel. I seem to remember a rather lengthy set of posts somewhere, but as I've been jumping between three forums and have read probably over 1,000 posts over the past week, the only one thread I can turn up again is here.

In any case, whether this guy's site, etc. are in game, or whether he's just as big a fan as he claims and is playing right along side us...

THANK YOU, LBDG!

Question

Since I know nothing about webpage design, is it normal for source code for www.SureFitDoors.com and www.darmawantsyou.com/Dharma.html to both begin with this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Believe it to be normal, so forget I said anything
    Last edited by suthrner; 08-06-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: I'm a paraniod moron

It might be a coincidence, but if it turns out that the same guy who wrote a book about traveling through time to save dead people was really the one who found the hidden email, kudos to him.

Even more so for his quote: "You’re lucky I’m one of the good guys." Remind you of anyone?

"Because you're one of the good ones, John."

"We're the good guys, Michael."

This is another URL

http://www.timelypersuasion.com/Home.html

Timely Persuasion is apparently written by a Jacob LaCivita.

?

Glad for this! It's all I wanted!

So I have been perusing Jacob LaCivita's blog, titled:
    A Blog of Timely Persuasion
    I’m from the future!

First things I have read are about Time Travel, Lost, and the Noble Eightfold Path of Buddhism (which, by the way, is this... look familiar?):

I'm a little freaked out. I can't tell if this guy is an uberfan like us, part of the ARG, or a brilliant strategist who is certain to dupe countless Lost addicts into reading his book.

Either way, I'm about to start.

Hmm. I'm not quite about to run out and buy a copy of his book yet. Would those in charge really send us down a road that included some affiliate earning a sizable profit?

Besides, the source code of the new e-mail has the same hidden code from the first. Would there be a new clue from RuckusGuy if it was a real e-mail? What are the odds the code was copied from the first e-mail, and this is a remarkably clever ploy to publicize this guy's book?
    It just doesn't make enough sense. Not yet.

I think I'll wait 'til Friday and see if the e-mail really goes out.

The opposite of war isn't peace;
    it's creation

Team Types-A-Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Sobakasu View Post
    Hmm. I'm not quite about to run out and buy a copy of his book yet. Would those in charge really send us down a road that included some affiliate earning a sizable profit?
    He actually posted it for free, and basically said purchase it if you like it, which actually made me suspicious when links to his site first popped up a few days ago, but for some reason I chose to ignore my instincts.

http://reader.timelypersuasion.com/Chapters.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sobakasu View Post
    Two words: Bad Twin

I'm with Sobakasu on this one ...
    True story.
    Love, YAE21
    The Dolls are Dead.

It is a noble thing we do here. Do not feel shame.
    - DHC -

+ Reply to Thread