+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How Faraday is in the Chang video

Question How Faraday is in the Chang video

I was just thinking .. why and how could Faraday have traveled back in time to make the comicon video, and one of the threads reminded me he wasn't actually on the island when it disappeared ..

My theory is that because he wasn't on the island, and traveling to and from the island causes some kind of time distortion, that he and the other losties in the boat with him were caught in the time distortion, and with the island moving, disappearing, whatever happened to it, Faraday and his boat ended up in another time.

Thoughts?
    True story.
    Love, YAE21
    The Dolls are Dead.

It is a noble thing we do here. Do not feel shame.
    - DHC -

I think you just about nailed it.

Remember when he started crying when he saw Flight 815 underwater on tv? It was because he remembered. I assume that's also why he needs a constant (Desmond).

yeah, but looking back on 'the constant,' the very last scene is faraday looking through his notebook. he looks like he doesn't recognize a lot of what is written there, and then finds the note scribbled urgently on the back of a page .. i don't know a lot (read: anything) about the logistics of time travel and a paradox and what have you, but I'm thinking .. he didn't write the notebook himself .. at least not yet (island time)
    True story.
    Love, YAE21
    The Dolls are Dead.

- DHC -

I know it's not the popular theory, but I still don't think it's him...

Well I'm actually reading this book Timely Persuasion and it actually explains some things for me about what Faraday might be experiencing.. don't even know if it truly is supposed to be for the ARG or not but was bored so I started on it almost finished.. and no, I don't have any relation to the dude lol
    “Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.”
    Henry David Thoreau

I started reading it.. but im not too interested until it's confirmed that it is part of the game .. it doesn't seem to be written too well.
    True story.
    Love, YAE21
    The Dolls are Dead.

- DHC -

Quote Originally Posted by YouAllEverybody21 View Post
    I was just thinking .. why and how could Faraday have traveled back in time to make the comicon video, and one of the threads reminded me he wasn't actually on the island when it disappeared ..

My theory is that because he wasn't on the island, and traveling to and from the island causes some kind of time distortion, that he and the other losties in the boat with him were caught in the time distortion, and with the island moving, disappearing, whatever happened to it, Faraday and his boat ended up in another time.

Thoughts?

Okay, something's been bugging me for awhile now, and this thread seems about as good a place as any to bring it up.

Everyone seems to be under the assumption that literal time traveling requires a person to have a constant. But I feel the need to remind everyone that when Desmond needed to find Penny, only his consciousness was moving through (unstuck in) time, not he as a whole.

Now, at some point we learn that people who have been exposed to a lot of radiation (or possibly electromagnetism, and who knows what else) may begin to suffer from being unstuck in time if they attempt to travel to and from the island on any route besides the 305 (or 325, whichever it is) bearing (which is something that still confuses me, as Eloise the Rat was never anywhere near the island, though I assume that Daniel succeeded in duplicating some of the island's "unusual properties" with his device.) Desmond was susceptible because of the hatch implosion (and had the helicopter not veered slightly off course during the storm, he would have been fine.) Daniel was susceptible because of his experiments with Eloise. Thus their need for a constant.

However, Bunny #15 never showed any signs of ill health, and we know he literally traveled through time as a whole. I suppose it's possible that they found Bunny a constant, but that is something that we don't yet know for sure. So I'm pretty convinced that Daniel's need for a constant merely has to do with having to travel back and forth to the island after having been exposed to so much radiation, and not the fact that he (has probably) traveled through time.

On a side note, and I'm pretty sure I've read this somewhere before, so my apologies for being repetitious, I also believe that "the sickness" of which Danielle speaks is the very same sickness that Desmond suffered from before contacting Penny. It would make sense that, being scientists, the other members of her team might have all been exposed to radiation during their expedition, and that she, having been pregnant at the time, would have avoided it.

All that being said, I think you may be onto something. It would make sense that that is what happened to him, since he wasn't on the island when it moved, and since we know he's not just stuck on a boat in the middle of the ocean (since Darlton specifically stated at ComicCon that we would definitely see him again. I would also find it highly amusing if, because of his past exposure to the radiation, he was the only one on the raft "eligible" to travel through time, and that the red shirts on the raft float to their death. Mwahaha. I also laughed hysterically when they buried Nikki and Paolo alive. I have a dark sense of humor. )

This would also be a good argument against having the island as a whole having moved through time, as well as space, during the turning of the frozen donkey wheel. But then again, Ben did land in, what, 2006? 2008? so we really can't know that it didn't, either.

And wow, this is almost more relevant to the main threads than it is to the ARG. I hope I don't get scolded, and I hope you enjoyed my novel.

I think that wherever his boat was heading, it wasn't heading at the correct compass bearing to get to or from the island. So, whenever he and the other red shirts make it back to the island, they're in another time. I think this is what you're trying to say...but I'm not sure. Either way, he's for sure in the Comic Con video due to some kind of accidental time travel

"don't confuse coincidence with fate."

Want to join The Dharma Dolls? Send me a private message and click here.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTravelingBunny View Post
    I think that wherever his boat was heading, it wasn't heading at the correct compass bearing to get to or from the island. So, whenever he and the other red shirts make it back to the island, they're in another time. I think this is what you're trying to say...but I'm not sure. Either way, he's for sure in the Comic Con video due to some kind of accidental time travel
    yes.

True story.
    Love, YAE21
    The Dolls are Dead.

- DHC -

Yeah good theory so fat i think...if would fit i think, if Danny boy and his log carrying friends were somewhere off the coast when the island moved, it would have obviously pushed them around the 3 spatial dimensions, so why not the 4th time dimension as well (and i don't see any reason to think that the log carriers are dead just yet...i'm sure they'd say a couple to be killed by the DI/smokey/the-hostiles/jacob/the-island/vincent...someone! :P)

A note on constants though...Eloise should have had a constant in Daniel...
    Yesterday upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away.

+ Reply to Thread