+ Reply to Thread
Page 5034 of 5034 FirstFirst ... 4034 4534 4934 4984 5024 5032 5033 5034
Results 50,331 to 50,337 of 50337

Thread: dinasaur head on lost

Quote Originally Posted by Gilliganista! View Post
    The concept of "meme" is traced to 1976, according to "Science Friday."

https://www.sciencefriday.com/articl...the-word-meme/

I think the consensus back in the day was that paperknives, or pk as he was known, produced the prototype of what is seen here. Back then--ten years ago?!?--there was a lot of push back that the DH or "Dinosaur Hed" was nothing more than a meme. We considered it an art form, a 3-panel screen-captured combination of humor derived from actual members of the forum. The posts were "fodder" for "the funny," as we said then. There were variations, but even then, what distinguished it was that the actual body of the text was something typed by people in response to posts on the Lostpedia forum.

It lies dormant, awaiting its resurrection (means brought bak 2 lyfe) in the next iteration of The Island and the flawed human who is its Protector.
    interesting. i always felt like hed mirrored that kung pow movie that came out around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago View Post
    interesting. i always felt like hed mirrored that kung pow movie that came out around the same time.
    I saw the movie years ago but had to review IMDB to see how "Kung Pow: Enter The Fist" is mirrored by the Hed. I'm not sure I see it. Can you explain?

I love that movie. The first time I saw it was when I worked at the movie theatre. I knew nothing about the movie and I was high AF. I was like WTF is going on.

"One day it's fate, the next day it's free will."

Quote Originally Posted by with closed eyes View Post
    I love that movie. The first time I saw it was when I worked at the movie theatre. I knew nothing about the movie and I was high AF. I was like WTF is going on.
    The cannabinoid context?

I saw the movie years ago but had to review IMDB to see how "Kung Pow: Enter The Fist" is mirrored by the Hed. I'm not sure I see it. Can you explain?
    well they took footage from an old kung-fu movie and voiced over new dialogue for their story. we took screenshots of a tv show and captioned forum quotes as dialogue for paneled shorts.

kung pow had the luxury of saying whatever, for wherever they wanted to take the story for funnies. we were, dare i say, "limited" to lp posts... but arguably thats what made them comedy gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dago View Post
    well they took footage from an old kung-fu movie and voiced over new dialogue for their story. we took screenshots of a tv show and captioned forum quotes as dialogue for paneled shorts.

kung pow had the luxury of saying whatever, for wherever they wanted to take the story for funnies. we were, dare i say, "limited" to lp posts... but arguably thats what made them comedy gold
    I can dig it.

I can dig it.
    My apologies for not being here November 4 for DiarmyHowley Day. We had this little thing we call an election on November 3, and I was busy checking Electoral College totals for several days.

I can see by the many thousands of posts that many people celebrated with glee and abandon.

+ Reply to Thread