+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ARG over?

I just think that if the ARG were over, Darlton would tell us clearly , and it wouldn't be "Hans" in character with a weird e-mail.

We sold the Dharma Initiative to the television show LOST.
    The reason for this was that at the very least the show would be able to keep the spirit of the Dharma Initiative alive and in the public consciousness.
    In the meantime, you will hear shortly from LOST showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.
    They will explain to you their future plans for the Dharma Initiative and how these plans might affect you.
    This better mean that they have something coming up on 12/15.
    Maybe tptb will start sign people up for the peace corps or something.
    Dharma Proof Reader

Quote Originally Posted by Who is this hermano View Post
    Haha,
    Do you guys really think ABC was tied up in the mortgage mess? It’s part of the game.

maybe, maybe not

it's not unusual to lose funding for ARG's...if something at ABC went overbudget (or if they are having any kind of financial trouble) they would have pulled the plug on this without thinking twice...appears darlton are trying to makeshift...if this was all planned it just adds more evidence that this was one poorly planned ARG from the start..."we sold the DI to the tv show lost"...ugh...

I think its part of the game. I was all distraught thinking it was over but then I read the email and saw "They are planning blah blah blah" and was like "oh ok the next part is just going to be slightly different. Thank goodness."

I think its just part of it.

Edit---because for goodness sake why bother giving us jobs just to tell us we are fired?
    Last edited by Sawyers_Stash; 11-18-2008 at 07:15 PM.

"The Count on Sesame Street is scarier and more captivating than those preening whack vamps from Twilight."
    -Watch your sizes & please sig responsibly-

Also, the whole "the backers have disapperaed..." etc... It sounds like they're just planting seeds for a deeper mystery, to me. (I know the implication is that they fled the country, but it seems like they're trying to create a deeper backstory rather than just "Here's your jobs! You're welcome!")

I agree, We're too sharp for them to be able to fool us. Plus, it would've been so much more believable if they left out the part about Hans (Old Friend) going to sell cars, yada, yada...Darlton better at least come up with some interim answers as to their intentions, cause if they don't...

Thank you Erowyn!

Everything changes, everything appears and disappears; but there is perfect tranquility when one transcends both birth and extinction.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Chioma View Post
    maybe, maybe not

it's not unusual to lose funding for ARG's...if something at ABC went overbudget (or if they are having any kind of financial trouble) they would have pulled the plug on this without thinking twice...appears darlton are trying to makeshift...if this was all planned it just adds more evidence that this was one poorly planned ARG from the start..."we sold the DI to the tv show lost"...ugh...
    I’m under the impression the ARG hasn’t really even started yet. I wasn’t around for the Lost experience, I did play find 815.

When did find 815 start, December? I don’t know when the Lost experience started.
    I think this was just the pregame.

I don't think, it's over. I mean, if we fade out all the meta informations like Show references... The email pictures in a very sarcastic way the person of Hans. But imho he wouldn't never ever confess all his mistakes and troubles since he was in all hos videos authoritarian and serious person.

What if his account is hacked and somebody (even if the real Black Swan) is writing funny things about Hans as it were himself?

It isn't Hans' style!
    Try my Dharma tests:
    World literature:
    http://www.dharmawantsyou.com/site/?...6474393633#/qp
    Movies meet literature (Matrix etc.)
    http://www.dharmawantsyou.com/site/?...5305468782#/qp

Quote Originally Posted by kosmomerz View Post
    What if his account is hacked and somebody (even if the real Black Swan) is writing funny things about Hans as it were himself?

It isn't Hans' style!
    Nice.
    Maybe the black swan is responsible for us getting our dossiers early.
    Besides they haven't doled out half the jobs listed when this arg started.
    Dharma Proof Reader

Looks to me like they're planning to do a Q&A type thing where Lost fans send in questions about the show, like an extended Comicon Panel...a really slow panel.

If the show is back in January, then I don;t think we'll have too much more ARG. Anything they start now would carry over into the show's run. Remember that The Lost Experience ended before S2 and Find 815 ended just before the 4th season (literally), so there's a doubt there that any ARG will carry over. They could carry it onward, but they'd really really have to hustle and get a storyline out there. The one we have sorta fell into disuse when the website/testing thing started.
    Lost-O-Rama

+ Reply to Thread