+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Thread: 03x09 - "Stranger in a Strange Land"

Seems like most people didn't think much of this episode. They were at a bumpy part in the series right here, needing to get their main character out of the severe in-action they placed him in

It's not so much how little the flashback adds that annoys me about this episode, it's that the seemingly important "sheriff" is never even mentioned again and dies off-screen. I liked the subplot, however.

Still, it's not Lost's worst episode. That is still quite firmly Fire + Water in my eyes.

One of the worst episodes of the show. That's for sure.

I didn't understand why the sheriff only appeared in this episode.

The flashbacks were kind of absurd. They almost make me think that their only purpose was explaining the tatoos and the poker knowledge of Jack.

I didn't understand the part that Jack says "that what it says. It's not what it mean" nearly at the end of the episode.

The whole scene with Cindy talking to Jack on the cage was really awkward. She didn't explain him anything about what happened to the people that were kidnapped and she talked to him in a very stupid way, like if she wasn't aware that he was on a cage treated like a prisoner.

And it was boring too...

Yeah I HATED this episode. The only good thing I liked about it was how Jack kind of saved Juliet. But that's it. I think I even liked 'Expose' better.

iDream247 detonates my heart too

Actually, I sort of liked this episode (at first), especially the music at the end, but when it all seemed to lead nowhere, it was sort of hard to know what (or whether) we were supposed to think about it. I think the whole "aura of mystery" with Isabel and Cindy and Jack in the cage could really have gone somewhere, but it was never really referenced again. I did like that one scene with Sawyer and Carl, though- it was sort of "Classic Sawyer"- and his random monologue about "Little House".

I liked this episode !!! **leave it alone LOL

I read a few posts ago that someone didnt understand about the tattoos and what Jack said, heres the explanation : Archera had a gift that was "seeing who people really are" and she marked them accordingly. She said Jack was a leader, a great man, however, only people who belonged to Archeras special group of those in the know were allowed to receive these tattoos/marks which effectively marked them out as uniquely special, as people of destiny(she said her tattoos were DEFINITION not decoration). So, jack forced her to mark him, which is why he was beaten up later by her brother and others.
    Isabel read the tattoo and said it means "he walks among us but he is not one of us", Jack replies "thats what they say not what they mean", because what they mean is that he is a leader and a great man, as Archera said.

As for Isabel only being in one episode, Darlton say in the new LOST mag that they thought in hindsight that the Others having a 'sheriff' was a bad idea, so they killed her off real quick. Apparently she died in the beach raid.

Dude whoever said the island was moving, you were fucking right. You knew all along.

+ Reply to Thread