+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: Dinasaur Hed Cult Primer

Quote Originally Posted by YouAllEverybody21 View Post
    *bumpertonsdfghjkiouhygtfrdesedrfytgyh*
    Yeah, YAE21, there's lots of good stuff here. Read it!

Seriously, one project I have is to streamline into one or two posts the process for the DH or "Hed" (or HV at Hedville). Maybe I'll get my ducks in a row and we'll wadlle on over to completion.

Just a bump to thank all the contributors to this thread, an off-shoot of the two-year old "dinasaur head on lost" thread, and an appeal to new Hedders to offer points on technique if you have them.

Dinasaur Hed, Yo!

Some of you may have seen a byline by Malion in recent posts on the forum. Others may be wondering what makes Malion tick. It could be that bomb he has sticking up his arse. Or it could be a wild creative hair that drives him. Read these contributions to the defining of the art form called "the Dinasaur Hed," or "DH," and decide for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Malion View Post

(lol yes, this is much broader in scope than you thought. )
    and whoever knows the meaning of these numbers gets a cookie.

OMG! Multiple scales of epic!

Default Time to Bump This Thread with More Hedder Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Potato View Post
    OMG! Multiple scales of epic!
    Yes, Rancid Potato, they certainly are!

Recent discussion of imageshack vs, tinyurl vs. imgur...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim108 View Post
    Sooo... since a few hours Imageshack wants me to sign in to share uploaded pictures. Does anyone have a good alternative for uploading?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellraiser-89 View Post
    I noticed that too now! I didn't sign up though, I just clicked the image instead, and then right-clicked on it and chose "view image" and copied the url from there

Otherwise you can check out http://tinypic.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by lostaddict12 View Post
    I recommend http://imgur.com over that. sometimes people can't see tinypic images, imgur is more reliable.
    Ah, I hadn't tried clicking it yet. I tried tinypic, but you have to put in a code every time you upload and that's way too much work for me.

...Ah, I'll try http://imgur.com ! Thanks!

Discussion of Jim108's process from his "Get to KNOW a Lostpedian" thread...

Quote Originally Posted by 1foxi View Post
    Howcome you are so awesome at hed making? Do you have any tips?
    I have no idea. But I can tell you about the process of my hedmaking!

First I find a good quote (look at places where you don't expect to find them! ), then I think of which character should say it. After that I think about which scene to use. Or the other way around. I guess it helps that I've watched every episode at least 10 times. When I have the scene, I use VLC Media Player and make a lot of screen captures (around 30.) so there's always plenty of facial expressions to choose from!

If I can't think of a good scene (or character), I just pick a random episode and scene and see if it works. If it doesn't, I forget about the quote most of the times or save it to my favourites until I do think of a good scene. That never works though; rule number #1: Don't force the funny!

Oh, and I prefer to not put text on the last cap unless it's the punchline, because it's just too much. Facial expressions say it all!

^ Yay, you quoted me!!

Someone asked me yesterday how to make gif heds, so I thought I'd post a little tutorial here.

But first of all:

Haha, I'm useless.
    And now you're dead!

This will all make sense later.

By the way, I use Photoshop to do this. I'm not sure if gif files look as good when you save them with Paint or some other program!

Anyway:

1) Google UnFreez and download it (it's free)! With UnFreez, you can make the animation.

2) I assume you already know which scene you want to use, and which panel you want animated, but if you don't, think about that!

3) I use VLC Media Player (also free!) to make my own screen captures. Four or five is enough if you want it to be nice and smooth.

4) You make your hed, with the 5 different panels. You save these 5 separate heds as gif files.

5) Open UnFreez, and drag your 5 heds where it says ''Drop GIF files here''. Make sure they're in the right order, sometimes when you drag them all at once they get switched around. The frame delay depends on the animation you want. I mostly use between 10 cs or 20 cs.

6) Make sure ''Loop animation'' is checked, and click ''Make animated GIF''!

If all is done right, your hed should look like this:

Source

Enjoy.

'Bout time to "resurrect" this thread, just for the examples of the craft here, but also as another place to ask all those who want the Dinasaur Hed Cult brand to go over to the "Mother Thread" and post your names! Boonie is throwing the branding iron in the fire!!

Soon we'll have Sizzlers!

Meanwhile, in the dropped shadows...evil lurks...

Haha, I'm pretty sure he does have giant moobs.
    Old heds coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt A.M View Post
    ^^ The first one's good.
    Wow, that one was when I still used Paint for all my heds! I had to put every bit of text on there twice, one black and one white, to get that shadowy effect. It's so hard to believe I've been making these things for three years.
    Couldn't you have just added the text using Word (I'm sure there's a shadow thing on it)?
    ^

Seriously! I never considered that and I never would have, and it actually works! Word Art... That's brilliant.

Gilli, we have a new post for the dinasaur hed primer thred!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilliganista! View Post
    Flesh it out and post it!

And take the credit. *stupid smiley that should portray rolling one's eyes*
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilliganista! View Post
    Glad to see you're with me in boycotting the smilies.

Hey, matt, you write it up and post it. Link is below.

Or if you all want me to go back and multi-quote and then copy-and-paste it myself...

[*insert manipulative guilt-rendering emoticon with sound file of "sigh"*]

I'll let you do it and I'll take all the credit. *evil grin*

^ Yay, you quoted me!!

Someone asked me yesterday how to make gif heds, so I thought I'd post a little tutorial here.

But first of all:

Haha, I'm useless.
    And now you're dead!

This will all make sense later.

By the way, I use Photoshop to do this. I'm not sure if gif files look as good when you save them with Paint or some other program!

Anyway:

1) Google UnFreez and download it (it's free)! With UnFreez, you can make the animation.

2) I assume you already know which scene you want to use, and which panel you want animated, but if you don't, think about that!

3) I use VLC Media Player (also free!) to make my own screen captures. Four or five is enough if you want it to be nice and smooth.

4) You make your hed, with the 5 different panels. You save these 5 separate heds as gif files.

5) Open UnFreez, and drag your 5 heds where it says ''Drop GIF files here''. Make sure they're in the right order, sometimes when you drag them all at once they get switched around. The frame delay depends on the animation you want. I mostly use between 10 cs or 20 cs.

6) Make sure ''Loop animation'' is checked, and click ''Make animated GIF''!

If all is done right, your hed should look like this:

Source

Enjoy.
    I never properly highlighted Jim108's contribution to this thread almost...8?!? years ago?!? Wow! Where was I?

+ Reply to Thread