View Poll Results: What sub-forums would you like?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Q&A Sub-forum.

37 38.54%
  • Theories Sub-forum.

48 50.00%
  • Community Sub-forum (Separate the OT and Community threads).

8 8.33%
  • Episode Discussion Sub-forums for each Season.

18 18.75%
  • Use Prefixes on each forum topic.

27 28.13%
  • Keep it as it is.

18 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lostpedia Forums Change? (Vote or Voice Your Opinion!)

i voted for prefixes and theories.

baueruk rocks my socks off with his sig skillz

تانیا

How are we going to deduce a winner from the poll. Are we just going to do the one with the most votes, or are we going to do it by percentage? For example, use all options which receive, say 75% (or any other number) of votes by a certain time.
    D.H.C.

Thanks, LC!

Quote Originally Posted by sawyer540 View Post
    That was cute.
    and on topic!

Quote Originally Posted by i sell seals! View Post
    i voted for prefixes and theories.
    I definitely think prefixing will help this forum out a lot, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sawyer540 View Post
    How are we going to deduce a winner from the poll. Are we just going to do the one with the most votes, or are we going to do it by percentage? For example, use all options which receive, say 75% (or any other number) of votes by a certain time.
    I think once we see some action here and we all discuss some things, we'll work it out among us, maybe the top two or something? If someone presents good reasons for doing one thing over another, Im sure we'll all listen and give our input. Again, this is something we all have to come together and figure out.

Also, I dont think the OP (dispirito) was talking about any certain time-limit, just in general... erm, before the show ends at least

<3 shirin <3
    من شیرین را دوست دارم

"There is nothing now, or ever has been, in this galaxy, or any other universes, both tangible and parallel, that could ever come within a 6 inch pole of being compared to, or uttered in the same sentence, as the majestic perfectedness that is MMJ" - LoG

Good enough for me. .
    D.H.C.

Thanks, LC!

Someone has been mobilizing the troops to vote on prefixes i think.

Theory and Q&A all the way.

Oh and this thread should be in the main forum because the vast majority of people that would have the most to benefit from this never come here.
    Last edited by Anfield Fox; 02-08-2009 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield Fox View Post
    Someone has been mobilizing the troops to vote on prefixes i think.
    *shifty eyes*

Theory and Q&A all the way.
    I agree - even if it doesnt work out in the long run, I think it would be a great thing to implement and at least try.

Oh and this thread should be in the main forum because the vast majority of people that would have the most to benefit from this never come here.
    I threw a link in my sig, so more will see it. The last thing we want is drive-by votes from people who don't really care. Most of the major LP-changing type stuff is hosted here, but referenced elsewhere. But its a good point that not many people come here

<3 shirin <3
    من شیرین را دوست دارم

"There is nothing now, or ever has been, in this galaxy, or any other universes, both tangible and parallel, that could ever come within a 6 inch pole of being compared to, or uttered in the same sentence, as the majestic perfectedness that is MMJ" - LoG

I voted prefixes (that just makes sense) and Q and A...in case anyone wants to know who voted for what. I was thinking about voting to separate theories, but as was pointed out by people in the original discussion, people are going to theorize in any discussion that they have--I don't think that they can be avoided.
    Thanks, Barney!

Thanks, LC!

Bet you didn’t see that one coming. Chuck Norris can bite me.

AD <3 LoRab <3 AD

^THIS! Anfield, spot on!

I have sigs disabled, so it doesn't really help to advertise down there. Don't most people just look over them anyways?

Also, we're talking about changing the forum. Wouldn't it be best to have this thread IN the forum that's looking to be changed?

Community Sub-forum (Separate the OT and Community threads).
    ^What exactly does this mean?

Finally, if we have prefixes, I'd like there to be some way to filter them out of our view. OR, have a theory sub-forum. I think you get the point... I do NOT want to read "Jack is Jacob. Here's why." theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Rabbi View Post
    I was thinking about voting to separate theories, but as was pointed out by people in the original discussion, people are going to theorize in any discussion that they have--I don't think that they can be avoided.
    I think we were thinking of the more major-all-around theories, like timelooptheory.com or the more major theories (Jacob, etc). If you had a theory about a small thing on the show, I'd still think it would go in the MF. As we've all pointed out, there's no way to separate complete theory from our own thoughts right now - it would just be more for the big-all-encompassing stuff. At least, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuer View Post
    Also, we're talking about changing the forum. Wouldn't it be best to have this thread IN the forum that's looking to be changed?
    yeah, its a good point. I just thought I'd keep the thread in the same place the OP posted it, but it might be good, for sure

Community Sub-forum (Separate the OT and Community threads).
    ^What exactly does this mean?
    I'm not quite sure, I think plk added that? I think he was trying to group all the "community" stuff like the DHC/etc in one place, out of the OT. Again, I just copied/pasted from the original thread - I'm not in favor of it, personally.

Finally, if we have prefixes, I'd like there to be some way to filter them out of our view. OR, have a theory sub-forum. I think you get the point... I do NOT want to read "Jack is Jacob. Here's why." theories.
    I agree that a major, all-encompassing theory sub-forum would fun to at least try, to see how it goes.
    Last edited by AlaskaDave; 02-08-2009 at 08:49 PM.

<3 shirin <3
    من شیرین را دوست دارم

Community Sub-forum (Separate the OT and Community threads) seems redundant. Lostpedia is a community. A community within a community...

The only problem that I have with the prefix thing is people being too lazy or not knowing how to use it (see "search function" :s). Otherwise, it'd seem ideal IF individual users could choose which ones they didn't want to view.

Theory subforum would be fantastic.
    Q&A as well. I don't mind answering questions here and there.

Closed Thread