+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Unspecified Lost Discussion

Default Unspecified Lost Discussion

I make this because the MF is too big and unweildy, and as we're behind they will have probably talked about these things before; but also, it's not related to the latest episode.

My thought of the moment is Walt, and if he needs to return with the O6. I don't think so, because by extension they'd need Michael. He's dead - so unless he was in the radius, like Jin, then he can't be brought back to the Island as his body is lost somewhere underwater. He hasn't been mentioned either.

And then there is Frank... Again, I don't think they'll need him. He was only ever a recurring character too, unlike the other three members of the Freighter team.

Also, do you think the Island has just moved in time? The Losties are moving in time now, but the Island moved in the finale. The Island can't move back in time, I don't think, or it would appear on itself. So it would have had to go into the future. It's something that I haven't heard discussed during S5. But, it could well have been.

I don't know if Walt, Frank and for that matter Desmond need to return but I suspect we will be getting answers to these questions in the next few weeks. But they way it was worded Everybody who left it could very well mean that Ms. Hawkings and Widmore have to return as well but who knows?

Could the island not have stayed in the future?

What do you think of Locke saying to Miles I'll see you later? Locke knows he is being asked to sacrifice himself (a real sacrifice the island demands) does he know Miles speaks to the dead? In that scene he says goodbye to Sawyer and Juliet (which is kinda weird as he has spent like no time with Juliet) but to Miles he says I'll see you later.

My awesome sig was made by Kittylili

Photobucket sucks
    [I am Kitty's sugar daddy My Mantra is Ji Ya]

..ahhh i never thought Miles's "gift" when he said that...hahaa...nice touch!
    In pitch dark......... I go walking in your landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by REDSHIRT FOREVER View Post
    I don't know if Walt, Frank and for that matter Desmond need to return but I suspect we will be getting answers to these questions in the next few weeks. But they way it was worded Everybody who left it could very well mean that Ms. Hawkings and Widmore have to return as well but who knows?
    Have we been given evidence that Hawking has been on the Island?

We've been led to believe, so far, that the problem causing the flashes was the "wheel being off its axis" (which I personally didn't like). So what is bringing the O6 back going to do?

What do you think of Locke saying to Miles I'll see you later? Locke knows he is being asked to sacrifice himself (a real sacrifice the island demands) does he know Miles speaks to the dead? In that scene he says goodbye to Sawyer and Juliet (which is kinda weird as he has spent like no time with Juliet) but to Miles he says I'll see you later.
    He also said "I'll be back as soon as I can" to everyone, didn't he?

I really liked Juliet's line where she thanked John for what he was trying to do - as she knew about how much the Island had helped him more than anyone. It was quite subtle, but that's how I took it.

Ben did say very specifically the names of the O6 when he spoke to Jack about them returning so I did assume it was just those 6.

I was musing about Walt elsewhere and posted that I thought perhaps part of the time jumping being established was so Walt could return - obviously the actor playing has greatly matured so being three years in the future off-island circumvents that. I don't think he's actually needed on the island, to stop the flashes anyway, but his story is unfinished.

There's also the fact that Frank, Penny and Des are the only people, apart from Ben and probably Widmore, who know the O6 are lying.

So, in short, I suppose I believe it is the O6 who must return but I wouldn't rule out Walt, Des, Frank and perhaps Penny going too.

This storyling seems to have been set up to make us believe bringing the O6 back will stop the flashes but I don't see how the wheel being off its axis connects yet. Are they going to return via the Orchid and fix it?

As for the island, I think it moved in space not in time.

We also haven't been given direct proof Ms Hawking was on the island but most are assuming Ellie was her and I think that's probably right.

Edit: I stickied this so hopefully we'll get a lot more input instead of watching GT/Sawyer flirting.
    Last edited by TokyoRose; 02-17-2009 at 08:48 PM.
    Thank you LC

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoRose View Post
    Ben did say very specifically the names of the O6 when he spoke to Jack about them returning so I did assume it was just those 6.

I was musing about Walt elsewhere and posted that I thought perhaps part of the time jumping being established was so Walt could return - obviously the actor playing has greatly matured so being three years in the future off-island circumvents that. I don't think he's actually needed on the island, to stop the flashes anyway, but his story is unfinished.

There's also the fact that Frank, Penny and Des are the only people, apart from Ben and probably Widmore, who know the O6 are lying.

So, in short, I suppose I believe it is the O6 who must return but I wouldn't rule out Walt, Des, Frank and perhaps Penny going too.

This storyling seems to have been set up to make us believe bringing the O6 back will stop the flashes but I don't see how the wheel being off its axis connects yet. Are they going to return via the Orchid and fix it?

As for the island, I think it moved in space not in time.

We also haven't been given direct proof Ms Hawking was on the island but most are assuming Ellie was her and I think that's probably right.

Edit: I stickied this so hopefully we'll get a lot more input instead of watching GT/Sawyer flirting.
    Oh yeah, I remember discussion about Ellie and Eloise. Interesting. Similar age to Widmore, it could work... but Widmore trying to stop Ben, and Eloise is helping, despite the fact that they both were in the Hostiles. Explains why Widmore knew of Faraday though.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Widmore. I expected more Ben/Widmore chat - TSOTTC seemed like a teaser - but they're going to be back on the Island before leaving has paid off. Unless Ben has seen more of him, we just need to flashback. Hmm.

I like the idea that having three years pass off the Island explains Walt being older.

I was thinking about the Island moving in space, as Rose said - that would mean that when the Island flashed from a past point to a time AFTER the Island moved, if the Island was in different locations, then the Losties would have moved too? Possible.

Default Ben is a LIAR

Ok I know we all know Ben is a liar, but I noticed another example of it today and figured this is as good a place as any to point it out. In TPID we saw this exchange between Jack and Ben

JACK: [interjecting] You said John never came to see you.
    BEN: That’s true, Jack, I went to see him. [To Sun] Jin gave it to him before he left the island.
    But in BYL Jack does not ask Ben if Locke came to see him what he said is
    JACK: When was the last time you saw him? I mean, Locke.
    BEN: [Sighs] On the Island... in the Orchid station, below the greenhouse. I told him I was sorry for making his life so miserable, and then he left.
    So yeah I know it is not a big mystery or anything but Ben is a friggin Liar.

And yeah the GT and 540 flirting is getting old they should just get a room or something already.

My awesome sig was made by Kittylili

Photobucket sucks
    [I am Kitty's sugar daddy My Mantra is Ji Ya]

Quote Originally Posted by REDSHIRT FOREVER View Post
    Ok I know we all know Ben is a liar, but I noticed another example of it today and figured this is as good a place as any to point it out. In TPID we saw this exchange between Jack and Ben

But in BYL Jack does not ask Ben if Locke came to see him what he said is

So yeah I know it is not a big mystery or anything but Ben is a friggin Liar.
    Hmm, I disagree. I think Ben said that just to support the "truth" he had already said to Jack that he wasn't visited by Locke. Jack already thought that way, and stuck to it. Similarly, half of it was so they could have a mini-flashback to that point for the benefit of the audience.

And yeah the GT and 540 flirting is getting old they should just get a room or something already.
    They just go round in circles of bickering.

Quote Originally Posted by The Smiley-Faced Balloon View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember discussion about Ellie and Eloise. Interesting. Similar age to Widmore, it could work... but Widmore trying to stop Ben, and Eloise is helping, despite the fact that they both were in the Hostiles. Explains why Widmore knew of Faraday though.
    Yeah, there needs to be a lot more explanation there, starting with when and why Widmore left and if Ellie/Eloise was involved. I wonder why she left too.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Widmore. I expected more Ben/Widmore chat - TSOTTC seemed like a teaser - but they're going to be back on the Island before leaving has paid off. Unless Ben has seen more of him, we just need to flashback. Hmm.
    I was quite disappointed by the lack of Widmore info - I know we've found out a little but we mostly had guessed it all anyway.
    I was thinking about the Island moving in space, as Rose said - that would mean that when the Island flashed from a past point to a time AFTER the Island moved, if the Island was in different locations, then the Losties would have moved too? Possible.
    I think so, but it's all very confusing.

I actually chuckled at Ben's massaging the truth regarding Locke, it's so typical Ben.
    Thank you LC

I'm warning you once - this thread is only for Lost discussion and I will delete your posts if you go ot.

:srsface:

edit: I wasn't joking.
    Last edited by TokyoRose; 02-18-2009 at 05:39 PM.
    Thank you LC

+ Reply to Thread