+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Lost Experience Summary

It'd be interesting, but I don't think it's meant to be the same Rachel. Juliet's sister is in her 30s or 40s and in the past, and Rachel Blake is a teenager in the present (and played by a different actress, see above for appearance)

True, true...

sorry i not speack englisch...
    go to
    thehansofoundation.org
    and click on humanity (last word of 3 paragraph)

rachal blacke films are cool theres just soo much!

Thanks, Pandora, for that summary.

"A man must have a code." -The Bunk

*missed AlaskaDave a lot*

Ok, what IS the Lost Experience?
    Quack.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenB View Post
    Ok, what IS the Lost Experience?

Heh.

The Lost Experience was an alternate reality game (ARG) designed by the writers and producers of Lost to engage fans and expand the storyline. The game was co-developed by three TV companies, America's ABC, Australia's Channel Seven and the United Kingdom's Channel Four. The writer of The Lost Experience has been identified as Jordan Rosenberg by Carlton Cuse. All in-game websites (with the exception of the sponsor sites) were developed by UK Design Agency Hi-ReS!, who had previously created the Lost The Untold site for United Kingdom's Channel Four.

The Lost Experience was internet-based and featured a parallel story line that was not part of the TV show. There were no winning prizes, but the Experience claimed to offer clues that could unlock some of the island's many secrets. It included the introduction of new characters and the mysterious Hanso Foundation. Clues were varied by continent, so participants would benefit from coordinating their information via the internet. ABC said the game was designed to appeal to both fans and people unfamiliar with Lost.
    http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/The_Lost_Experience

*ojhuggles*

LOL, love the icon!
    Quack.

sorry if im asking dumb questions, but please have patience!...... im getting these two seperate entities confused..tle and lost the show. having read pandoras great synopsis and having seen the sri lanka vid and rachel at comic con., im wondering how much of it relates to lost, like will we ever see any of the characters coming up in future seasons? how much of what we see going on with D.I.H.G viruses etc..will be involved in lost story lines?
    Ok- i get it now , but the quest. still stands..will any of these plots be upcoming in future lost episodes?
    Last edited by ste@?; 04-24-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ste@? View Post
    sorry if im asking dumb questions, but please have patience!...... im getting these two seperate entities confused..tle and lost the show. having read pandoras great synopsis and having seen the sri lanka vid and rachel at comic con., im wondering how much of it relates to lost, like will we ever see any of the characters coming up in future seasons? how much of what we see going on with D.I.H.G viruses etc..will be involved in lost story lines?
    Ok- i get it now , but the quest. still stands..will any of these plots be upcoming in future lost episodes?
    The rule of thumb for ancillary stuff like this is thus : The characters themselves are not important or canon to the show, the information they uncover however is.

Here's an example : In Find815, there's a long character arc about someone who finds the fake 815 crash with underwater probes. In the show, this event/information is canon. We see the probes even. But the person behind them is not the same.

The character wasn't there or important, the information revealed through him was, and was included. See what I mean?

Some stuff from the ARGs actually has been referenced to in the show. In "The Constant" we see Widmore buying a book, and the auctioneer says it was from a man "Magnus Hanso" and contained information on the Black Rock. Previously, this information was only referred to in TLE.

But mostly, the information won't make it in episodes, but it is however canon to the mythology. They do these ARGs for the reason of getting out info or plot details that can't be fit into the show itself well.
    Last edited by Garmonbozey; 05-18-2009 at 09:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread