+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter ARG discussion (ARG IS FAKE)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard_Celine View Post
    I actually had a few apollo bars. Not very good.
    Hehe, what did you expect from a candy bar created by stoners in the 70s?

I'm thinking there will be no ARG. As we get closer to season 6 there might be an attempt at a promotion like the Ajira thing, but I wouldn't expect a long drawn out affair.
    Sadly, the days of Team All Nighter and Team Types A Lot are over.

So settle in people and let the rampant speculation begin, because that's all we're gonna have for the next 8 months

I actually thought Apollos were delicious!
    Quote Originally Posted by myllian View Post
    I think 'perdidos' means 'lost' in Spanish, so perdiphile = lost lover. (I'm just guessing)

you are someone else, I am still right here

I never got to play an ARG

I hope they do one this hiatus, or the wait is going to be brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by allikf View Post
    from that article:
    . . .there are still sections of the magazine that remain tantalizingly unaccounted for, like a two-page spread bearing an array of numbers and a lottery ticket that will be familiar to dedicated viewers of “Lost.” Asked via e-mail if these pages were connected to “Lost,” Damon Lindelof, an executive producer of the show, wrote, “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”
    if damon says it's nothing, it's something. should we discuss? the first part of the message has been decoded, but as far as i can find, the second part has not. i've never been very good at cryptograms, and this one is far more complicated than simple substitution. . . .

Still awaiting the triumphant return of Team Types-A-Lot and Team ARG All-Nighter. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkDharmaBeer View Post
    from that article:

if damon says it's nothing, it's something. should we discuss? the first part of the message has been decoded, but as far as i can find, the second part has not. i've never been very good at cryptograms, and this one is far more complicated than simple substitution. . . .
    Well great. Guess who's on his way to the store right now to pick up the May issue of Wired.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherbilly View Post
    Well great. Guess who's on his way to the store right now to pick up the May issue of Wired.
    it is worth it even if it doesn't pan out as lost-related. the whole magazine is a puzzle filled with puzzles.

here are the numbers on page 104:
    17 1 22 16 8 6
    20 11 18 18 10 14
    7 7 5 18 22 7 5 6
    24 15 12 13 1 8

and page 105:
    4 34 18 55 14 93
    54 5 6 11 10 13
    30 12 6 19 2 22 5
    2 1 117 2 17 1 17

hurley's lotto ticket is at the top of page 104:
    MEGA LOTTO JACKPOT
    Your numbers are:
    4,8,15,16,23 MEGA NUMBER 42

page 104 has been solved:
    Spoiler Below
    using a Vigenere cipher. it is translated as USE LETTERS BACKWARDS FROM END

it has been suggested that you may need the magazine to solve this. . . i just had a thought that maybe it relates some way to the WIRED magazine that was shown in Faraday's house. it was the August 2003 issue.

any thoughts? i'd suggest spoiler tagging any results in case people want to figure it out on their own.

Still awaiting the triumphant return of Team Types-A-Lot and Team ARG All-Nighter. . . .

...or it's just possible that Damon only has a professional relationship with JJ and actually didn't really know what they were talking about, if he'd seen the issue at all.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have the next ARG. Link and Link.
    Quote Originally Posted by myllian View Post
    I think 'perdidos' means 'lost' in Spanish, so perdiphile = lost lover. (I'm just guessing)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeagleislander View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have the next ARG. Link and Link.

gtfo bleag

I don't know about this. Remember "Jo"?

Anyway, the starfield from the Youtube video kind of looks like Cygnus the Swan.
    I didn't really put all that much effort into looking for a match so I'm probably wrong

Last edited by theotherbilly; 05-16-2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: added better pic

+ Reply to Thread