+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 1x01 Pilot, Part 1

Default 1x01 Pilot, Part 1

Thread for the discussion of The Lost Rewatch - Pilot, Part 1

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross" - Sinclair Lewis

I just finished my rewatch of the episode, and wrote a five-page review. Expect to see it early tomorrow.

Default Terrific

Not an easter egg but just a point I noted - I just rewatched this episode and noticed that Charlie (God, I miss him!) says "Teriffic" (@ 21:08 when the Losties see rumblings behind the trees) in the EXACT same tone & VOICE that Frank says it when he sees Locke's body in the box in the S5 finale.

Quote Originally Posted by arjwiz View Post
    Not an easter egg but just a point I noted - I just rewatched this episode and noticed that Charlie (God, I miss him!) says "Teriffic" (@ 21:08 when the Losties see rumblings behind the trees) in the EXACT same tone & VOICE that Frank says it when he sees Locke's body in the box in the S5 finale.
    Geez I hope people aren't going to be constantly stretching to make connections like this. Do you REALLY think they put that much effort into making people say something in the same tone of voice over a span of 5 seasons?

Sure there's a lot of hidden stuff in this show but we don't need to be grasping at things that aren't really there.

Default RE: Arjwiz

Quote Originally Posted by arjwiz View Post
    Yes, I thought about that too...

At around 26:50, it feels really eerie when it shows Vincent watching Jack, Kate and Charlie. Then it switches to Locke for about 5 seconds, I can't think of any reason why it would randomly show Locke.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasMW View Post
    At around 26:50, it feels really eerie when it shows Vincent watching Jack, Kate and Charlie. Then it switches to Locke for about 5 seconds, I can't think of any reason why it would randomly show Locke.
    I thought of this too, but if you watch for another thirty or so seconds, it starts to rain, and it cuts back to Locke sitting in the rain. Sort of an establishing shot is all it is.

Why would they NOT show Locke. He's a character on the show!

People are digging way too hard now that they've seen the other 5 seasons. Not every insignificant second of film has a hidden meaning now just because we're going back and watching it again.

The only thing I'm finding interesting so far is the way Jack chooses to tell his story about counting to 5 during the surgery now that we now that Christian gave him the idea and embarassed him in the process.

Just rewatched this. One thing that I kept noticing was how annoying I found Charlie throughout that episode. Was he high during the crash sequence? He'd just taken the drugs in the bathroom and was stumbling around the crash scene all dazed, with bits flying around him and all; so was he actually high at the time? He was a bit whiny throughout, though the 'You All Everybody' scene on their trek and Jack's 'we are not amused' face was rather funny. Oh, and him tripping and getting caught and almost leading to Jack being eaten by the monster, and then whining to Kate.

Maybe I'm just being harsh on him. I loved seeing how everyone had changed since the beginning of the show (well, except Kate...).

Quote Originally Posted by ZEITGEIZT View Post
    People are digging way too hard now that they've seen the other 5 seasons. Not every insignificant second of film has a hidden meaning now just because we're going back and watching it again.
    I don't think anyone thought Charlie's "terrific" had a hidden meaning, just something interesting to point out. Same with the Vincent/Locke thing. No significance, just interesting little thing to notice.
    Last edited by Losty McLost; 05-31-2009 at 08:01 PM.

I agree with you 100% on Charlie, I forgot that I used to HATE him! I thought he was up to something as they were running from the monster and he said he didn't know what happened to Jack. I look forward to experiencing his character evolving again. I went from hating him to having a hard time watching the episode where he "meets his destiny". His feelings for Claire and taking care of Aaron are what help him evolve from this cocky "Driveshaft" version of Charlie.

+ Reply to Thread