+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1x03 Tabula Rasa

Default 1x03 Tabula Rasa

Thread for discussion of The Lost Rewatch - Tabula Rasa

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross" - Sinclair Lewis

Still think this is the best Kate centric. Both the island and flashback story were engaging as the survivors come to terms with their new life. Funny how goofy Hurley was in these early episodes when he is getting the water or passing out at the sight of the Marshal's blood, etc.

Loved it when Sawyer shot Edward and missed

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield Fox View Post
    Still think this is the best Kate centric. Both the island and flashback story were engaging as the survivors come to terms with their new life. Funny how goofy Hurley was in these early episodes when he is getting the water or passing out at the sight of the Marshal's blood, etc.

Loved it when Sawyer shot Edward and missed
    yes, all the characters are weird in the first few episodes. its really weird to see hurley and kate interact for the first time. and yes sawyer missing is awesome.

yeah.. hurley passing out was soo funny..

kate really did look bad ass in her mug shot to..
    A tiger don't change its stripes...
    The last Jack fan.
    Jack pulling the trigger aimed at Lockes head- Best Jack moment ever.
    RIP Jack, I'm glad you made it to where you did. I'm glad you found happiness and peace. You were the hero the island needed and deserved.
    "John Locke told me I needed to stay."
    Proud member of Team Loved Jack Since Day 1

As for Kate, I don't think the writers knew what her crime was at this point. Thus the marshall constantly making it sound like she was some kind of female Hannibal Lecter or something.
    Conformity of purpose will be achieved through the mutual satisfaction of requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by BobW View Post
    As for Kate, I don't think the writers knew what her crime was at this point. Thus the marshall constantly making it sound like she was some kind of female Hannibal Lecter or something.
    exactly. because her killing her abusive father, isn't really a threat to anyone else.

One of the things I enjoyed the most about Season 5 was Sawyer's emergence as the leader of those left behind, especially after Locke left the island. Unencumbered by the need for revenge and coupled with someone who truly has his back, Sawyer has bloomed into the kind of quiet hero Jack could never be. Sawyer also has an appreciation for the cold, hard facts and truths about life that Jack doesn't grasp, for instance, that wasting precious resources on someone who isn't going to survive lessens the survival chances of the entire group, as we see him so stubbornly do in Tabula Rasa.

-Ray Mullen says he is a lefty, since his right arm is gone. In Latin, the language of the Others, the word for left(hand) is sinistra, and that evolved into the English word sinister, which has come to mean evil, ominous or unlucky. Ray turned out to be fairly unlucky for Kate, as it was his call to the Marshal (for a $23,000 reward) that led to her arrest and subsquent crash on Mystery Island. Side Note: The other two armless ones on the Island: Montand, the member of Rousseau's science team, and Pierre Chang, also known as Dr. Marvin Candle in the Swan Orientation video. Both of them lost their left arms, which makes them righties. Does that make them the opposite of sinister?

-Ray's place is lousy with The Numbers. His wife died 8 months ago, the closest town is 15 Kilometers away, he turns Kate in for 23,000 dollars (American?)

-Charlie makes a new fingertape, replacing the 'F' in Fate with an 'L' for Late. How unintentionally prohetic of him.

-Another stretch for Numbers: When Jack looks at Kate's mugshots, the plaque she is holding up says Harrison Valley Police and the numbers 61136.

6+1+1+3+6=17
    1+7=8

Ta Da.
    It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress

I really liked this episode. I don't think I ever watched it, I know when I was trying to get caught up to Season 5 I was watching DVDs and sometimes just reading the episode wikis to get through it faster, I think I only read this one.

I really like the end where Hurley is listening to music and for the most part people are "getting along".

The song playing on the radio as Ray drives Kate to the train station is Patsy Cline, Leavin' on Your Mind. Which, of course, Kate most certainly does.
    It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress

Stop with the Kate hate NOW.

grr.

+ Reply to Thread