+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 1x04 Walkabout

Default 1x04 Walkabout

Thread for the discussion of The Lost Rewatch - Walkabout

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross" - Sinclair Lewis

Interesting to see that the Monster appeared to Locke at almost the exact same time Jack saw "Christian". Jacob/Man#2 checking out the new good ones/candidates/leaders?

Also, the DVD cover summary of this ep makes it sound like they're all cannibals: “Meanwhile, the bodies inside the plane need to be disposed of, but how? Jack decides the most effective way of doing so, but it’s grisly. When the castaways realise that the food supply is running out, Locke has a suggestion.”
    Quote Originally Posted by myllian View Post
    I think 'perdidos' means 'lost' in Spanish, so perdiphile = lost lover. (I'm just guessing)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeagleislander View Post
    Also, the DVD cover summary of this ep makes it sound like they're all cannibals: “Meanwhile, the bodies inside the plane need to be disposed of, but how? Jack decides the most effective way of doing so, but it’s grisly. When the castaways realise that the food supply is running out, Locke has a suggestion.”
    LOL you're right! It sounds like that movie "Alive" if you have seen it.

As for the episode, what exactly did Locke see?

In "The Cost Of Living" he tells Eko

LOCKE: So, what exactly did you see back there? I saw it once, you know.

EKO: And what did you see?

LOCKE: I saw a very bright light. It was beautiful.

EKO: That is not what I saw.
    Considering the next time Locke encountered Smokey in Exodus it tried to kill him, the question that has to be asked is did Locke actually see Smokey in this episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield Fox View Post

Considering the next time Locke encountered Smokey in Exodus it tried to kill him, the question that has to be asked is did Locke actually see Smokey in this episode?
    who said it was trying to kill him? it could have been like the french team, smokey lures them in there then turns them. part of me also wonders if its possible locke was turned in this episode, which is why for the rest of his life he is all about saving the island.

I thought it was interesting that Christian leads Jack into the jungle where he finds the caves and fresh water (in White Rabbit). On the other hand, Smokey leads Locke to food, by killing the boar for him. Watch very carefully just before Locke sees Smokey: he's tracking the boar and he hears the monster smashing in the trees, then he hears the boar squealing like it's being killed. Later, he pulls the boar out of the woods. You never see him kill it. Smokey killed it for him, perhaps to give him cred with the other Losties.

So I think Jack was led to water and Locke was led to food, both by the island/smokey/Christian.

Another thing that I noticed: Locke accidentally calls Kate "Helen". You might be tempted to think of his girlfriend Helen Norwood, but the only helen we knew at the time of Walkabout was Helen the phone sex operator that locke wanted to go on the Walkabout with.
    Conformity of purpose will be achieved through the mutual satisfaction of requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield Fox View Post
    LOL you're right! It sounds like that movie "Alive" if you have seen it.

As for the episode, what exactly did Locke see?

Perhaps he saw a different creature altogether. One that Jacob can turn into, perhaps, if you buy into the whole Jacob's Nemesis = Black Smoke theory.

Nothing to see here, move along...
    No. Seriously. I mean it.
    There is nothing to see here.
    So just move along.

Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    who said it was trying to kill him? it could have been like the french team, smokey lures them in there then turns them. part of me also wonders if its possible locke was turned in this episode, which is why for the rest of his life he is all about saving the island.
    I also thought John Locke had been converted in this episode

Yes, I agree with some of the observations about this episode. It did seem as though Locke doesn't quite come back the same after his encounter with Smokie. I don't think that Locke turned the way the French team did but as I keep watching, Locke's behavior becomes quite erratic from time to time. I couldn't help but wonder if after his meet with Smokie, there were 2 Lockes on the island.

"Right behind you, jackass." LOL

Confused a bit about something. Kate has no problem revealing to Michael that she is climbing the tree to place the antenna. But Michael wasn't one of the people who went on the trek and heart the French distress call???? They agreed they wouldn't tell anyone else about it, why does it seem like Michael already knows. I probably just missed something, don't know why I let myself watch all 4 episodes already.
    Last edited by ZEITGEIZT; 06-02-2009 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeagleislander View Post
    Interesting to see that the Monster appeared to Locke at almost the exact same time Jack saw "Christian". Jacob/Man#2 checking out the new good ones/candidates/leaders?

Jack saw Mr. X, Locke saw a very bright light (Jacob/white smokie?)

+ Reply to Thread