+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 1x05 White Rabbit

Default 1x05 White Rabbit

White Rabbit discussion

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross" - Sinclair Lewis

A bit ahead of myself, I watched this one a couple days ago I think I'll rewatch it tonight though.

One thing I noticed though, when Jack is following Christian through the jungle... MAJOR monster sounds! Definitely hinting at a Christian-monster connection there, imo.
    Last edited by MM0602; 06-07-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Yeah I let myself watch this one last week already but I will watch again for the sake of discussion.

Probably my favorite episode so far. They did a great job with the way Christian appears, very eerie the way he just appears standing perfectly still staring at jack.

That is a great episode and - in my opinion - the discussion between Jack and Lock in the forest will turn out as an important scene.

After Locke had to face the monster in the previous episode, I got the impression that Locke - probably already influenced by island ("I've looked into the eye of the island and what I saw was beautiful.") - coworking with the monster is now testing Jack (and in the next episode even Charly?). He had a very knowing look on hos face ("What if everything happens for a reason?") and it was very coincidental that Locke appeared on the cliff just when Jack had the accident chasing Christian. And Locke insisted that Jack didn't join him in the search for water but instead he "should finish what he started". And Jack - following someone or somewhat - finally found the place with the water and the empty coffin. And Jack seemed to be changed when he returned to the beach.

Default "I know where to look"

Interesting Locke moment:

Claire faints on the beach when Jack is off chasing his father through the jungle and the remaining water is missing. Kate, Sayid and Locke are about to go search for Jack when Locke tells them that they should both stay to deal with the water problem and that he would look for Jack alone; and Locke adds with a creepy smile: "And besides, I know where to look."

And then of course Locke just happens to show up just when Jack is dangling off a cliff and saves Jack's life by pulling him up.

Hmmm. I don't buy that Locke is MIB/Essau back in season one, but his comment and expression is sure similar to NotLocke in season 5. . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Droogs View Post

Locke tells them that they should both stay to deal with the water problem and that he would look for Jack alone; and Locke adds with a creepy smile: "And besides, I know where to look."
    Probably just talking about his tracking skills

great episode, LOST was so much creepier back then (and Jack so much more likeable)

Christian standing motionless in the jungle
    Jack chasing Christian thru the jungle
    Christian walking thru the jungle with a scotch on the rocks in his hands
    Locke suddenly appearing out of thin air to save the day ... in the jungle

on a sidenote: when Jack runs after his dad, we never see him running uphill, yet he falls down a steep slope ... are we supposed to believe there a parts of the Island below sea level

Quote Originally Posted by Droogs View Post

Claire faints on the beach when Jack is off chasing his father through the jungle and the remaining water is missing. Kate, Sayid and Locke are about to go search for Jack when Locke tells them that they should both stay to deal with the water problem and that he would look for Jack alone; and Locke adds with a creepy smile: "And besides, I know where to look."
    that's not what he said ... he says

"When the others find out the water's gone it's going to get ugly. And when they find out that someone pinched it, it's going to get uglier. I'll go. Camp needs you two here, especially with the doctor gone. And besides, I know where to look."

he's not really going after Jack, he going to find water

Quote Originally Posted by faragay4faraday View Post
    that's not what he said ... he says

"When the others find out the water's gone it's going to get ugly. And when they find out that someone pinched it, it's going to get uglier. I'll go. Camp needs you two here, especially with the doctor gone. And besides, I know where to look."

he's not really going after Jack, he going to find water
    You may be right, but looking at the actual transcript of the entire conversation it's a bit more ambiguous, since it begins by Locke asking, "Where is the doctor?" and Kate responding "I don't know. No one can find him.":
    [Shot of Locke, Sayid, Kate on beach.]

LOCKE: Where is the doctor?

KATE: I don't know. No one can find him.

SAYID: Is this the last of the camp's water supply?

KATE: Yeah.

SAYID: Keeping it all in one place, foolish.

KATE: Let's go into the jungle, try to find some fresh water.

SAYID: You're not going alone.

LOCKE: When the others find out the water's gone it's going to get ugly. And when they find out that someone pinched it, it's going to get uglier. I'll go. Camp needs you two here, especially with the doctor gone. And besides, I know where to look.

+ Reply to Thread