+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 1x05 White Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyJim View Post
    I believe Locke was Locke until S5. But after viewing this episode, I also believe the Smoke Monster was much more active in helping Locke than I first thought. He was helping and leading him.

I also have two questions:
    1. Who was the girl in the ocean? Will we ever find out?
    2. What is the significance of the title, "White Rabbit?"

Finally, it makes sense to me that if Christian is also Anti-Jacob (hence the strange sounds...), he is attempting to sway Jack now that he has enlisted Locke. Finally, he offers him an olive branch by leading him to water.
    aw common ... both question have been explicitly answered in that episode: Kate explained who the girl who drowned was, and Locke explains the White Rabbit allusion to Alice in Wonderland

no offence tho ... just wanted to point that out

other than that: was Boone really drowning, or was he going after that girl? he looked pretty much dead when Jack pulled him up ... but he later said that he was fine

Either:
    John knew how to find water (remember he was ready for his walkabout), and just came across Jack because they were headed to the same place.
    or
    The island led John to Jack, which is more the way I lean. Where did John go after he rescued jack and they had their little convo by the campfire? Jack found the caves by himself. Was John asleep maybe? Why didnt Jack wake him up to go back to the beach? John just disappears after that, or I am missing something.

Its clear that Jack either was chasing an illusion (Like the AIW story) Or he was chsing or being lead by either MIB or Jacob. We now know in S5 that they take the bodies, so its clear hes someone. Maybe it was MIB trying to kill jack and use his body as the loophole.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyJim View Post
    I believe Locke was Locke until S5. But after viewing this episode, I also believe the Smoke Monster was much more active in helping Locke than I first thought. He was helping and leading him.

I also have two questions:
    1. Who was the girl in the ocean? Will we ever find out?
    2. What is the significance of the title, "White Rabbit?"

Finally, it makes sense to me that if Christian is also Anti-Jacob (hence the strange sounds...), he is attempting to sway Jack now that he has enlisted Locke. Finally, he offers him an olive branch by leading him to water.
    http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Barbara_Joanna_Miller

What really bugs me about these first episodes is that everyone expects Jack to do everything. There were 47 people on the beach, and they ALL expected jack to rescue Boone and the other Lady?? Come on now, we know there were other people who could swim. Why is everyone putting everything on Jack? At least he is not accepting all of it.
    I'm sure it is just the writers placing Jack as the leader, but it is a little ridiculous.

Just a little vent...thanks for listening

Did anyone else notice that Jack is running through the woods in pursuit of his father on a clear day, then suddenly, and only for one quick view, there is an abundance of white 'fog' or 'smoke', then when he looks the other way it's perfectly clear again? Now, I think that it's honestly just a production error but does anyone think that maybe we see the white smoke monster here (in the episode 'White Rabbit', at that)?

Ok, something else I noticed; Christian has on white shoes (which stand out against his dark suit, so we are supposed to notice this). When Jack brought dead John back, he put Christians black shoes on John's body. This has to have significant meaning...John has black shoes, he's the MIB. Are Christians white shoes a sign he is working for/is Jacob? Christian said he once he was speaking on behalf of Jacob. Does this also mean that Jacob is good and MIB is bad?

I am surprised no one commented on the scene where Kate tackles Sawyer on the water, and he says "I made this birthday wish 4 years ago" Knowing what we now know about Loops

Ahhh... That's true! I never made the connection. lol, even when I rewatched it, I just just passed it off as one of Sawyers off the wall comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.locke View Post
    Ok, something else I noticed; Christian has on white shoes (which stand out against his dark suit, so we are supposed to notice this). When Jack brought dead John back, he put Christians black shoes on John's body. This has to have significant meaning...John has black shoes, he's the MIB. Are Christians white shoes a sign he is working for/is Jacob? Christian said he once he was speaking on behalf of Jacob. Does this also mean that Jacob is good and MIB is bad?
    rather not, Christain's white shoes are a sign that his son didn't appreciate him at all, and simply put some cheap, white tennis shoes on his feet (see 316)

John is actually wearing Christan's shoes (also, 316)

and when James says "I made this birthday wish 4 years ago" he was being sarcastic and tried to hit on Kate ... it's an obviously sexual reference. no loop, no time-travel, just a smug macho trying to be funny (which he was btw, I smiled)

+ Reply to Thread