+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1x06 House of the Rising Sun

Default 1x06 House of the Rising Sun

Lost Rewatch House of the Rising Sun episode discussion for the Lost Rewatch

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross" - Sinclair Lewis

The thing that stood out to me about this episode was John and Charlie's "getting to know each other talk"..

Locke: Do you want your guitar back?

Locke: You are going to have give something to the island.

Locke: look up.

Double guitar cases..just like canoes....lol..

This made me think of Hurley's guitar case and Jacob visiting Hurley.

Does Jacob know Charlie is ok, and that they WILL change the future..

Could this be the first clue of an alternate reality?
    Last edited by I_Am_Lost_316; 06-07-2009 at 11:57 PM.

Double guitar cases?

Good episode. Again I like the end where Hurley is listening to music and they show all the characters. I didn't realize they did that so often in Season 1.

I liked the conversation between Sawyer and Kate about the beach or the caves.

This is the big episode in which we see Adam and Eve for the one and only time. This has been the one mystery on the show they have always hyped up and said that once it's answered it will be proof that they have always known where they were going with the show. A huge mystery because it has held up in people's minds for 5 years now based on 2 minutes of screen time.

I wonder if they will show that scene on "previously on lost" in the episode that answers it. On one hand it would spoil the surprise but on the other the general audience won't remember it from 2004 considering it won't be until 2010 that it's revisited. Another question is if they will rebuild the caves set. It hasn't been seen since the second episode of season 2 afterwhich they probably dismantled it. I'm sure it would be expensive to rebuild though which is probably why we never saw the inside of the Swan in season 5.

I did notice one new thing with that scene (which i can't believe i hadn't before) and that's Jack saying they were laid to rest there. All this time i had assumed they died there

i think that the guitar that jacob gives hurley is charlie's guitar from the island.

As stated key scene with A&E bodies (and the B&W stones).
    This is the first time we see the camp split in 2, or start too. And we see Locke confront charlie (i mean really does it seem like Locke knows Driveshaft?? But ok)
    Best line is Charlies about the B's in Kates shirt.
    But you have to LOVE when Michael says "Time doesn't matter on a damn island."

Quote Originally Posted by DSRing View Post
    This is the first time we see the camp split in 2, or start too.
    The split was between the "let's concentrate on getting off the island" faction and the "let's try to survive here on the island" faction. It's ironic that Jack is leading the survive-here faction when later he'll lead the get-off side.

About Adam and Eve: My picture was too dark to make out anything about their clothes. Could anyone see any details? In some post or summary someone said they were wearing jumpsuits, but I couldn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    i think that the guitar that jacob gives hurley is charlie's guitar from the island.
    Maybe I'm imagining it but I thought there was an interview or a commentary where they said it's definitely not a guitar in there this time.

I was wondering whether it is really a coincidence that Adam and Eve appear in a Jin/Sun centered episode ...

Quote Originally Posted by DSRing View Post
    Best line is Charlies about the B's in Kates shirt.
    But you have to LOVE when Michael says "Time doesn't matter on a damn island."

i LOVED that quote....kate didnt seem to though....hahaha

im really noticing the time references in these first few episodes....there have been a couple so far...hmmmm.

seeing the adam and eve scene...i actually dont think i remember it from this episode!!! i remember alot of other stupid details....and i know all about adam and eve from forum discussions, and articles on here, but i actually felt like this was the first time i have seen them finding the skeletons...weird.... i think they are one of my fave mysteries we have yet to see solved...

im trying to pace myself during this rewatch, and its so hard!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread