+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1x10 Raised by Another

Default 1x10 Raised by Another

Thread for the discussion of The Lost Rewatch - "Raised by Another"

Wiki Page

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Raised_by_Another
    Last edited by Anfield Fox; 06-15-2009 at 11:37 AM.

I never remembered the few daddy comments that are made in this episode about Claire. First is from her boyfriend when he refers to her daddy-abandonment issues, and second is just before she tries to sign the adoption papers and asks for them to sing "Catch A Falling Star", just like her daddy used to. Others?

(Need I point out the glaring Mommy comments? A discussion here is inevitable...)

I find Hurley telling Jack that Ethan wasn't on the manifest to be one of the iconic moments of LOST. It was played so wonderfully by the actors and in the way that it switches back and forth between the caves and Charlie/Claire/Ethan. Very frightening.

Gives me the chills every time I watch it. xD
    Last edited by Noman; 06-15-2009 at 04:23 PM.
    "All I need is a connection, a hint that my ship in the desert could someday run aground on your shores."
    Ben Kenney

Malkin is a total creep out.

One thing I was trying to figure out about Claire's meetings with Richard Malkin in this episode is if they took place before or after his daughter's "resurrection" and Eko's investigation. It would seem that Claire's interaction came AFTER Eko's since Richard appears to be living alone (unless Claire just kept showing up when the rest of his family was out). However, Richard admits to Eko in "?" that he is a fraud, so perhaps Claire met Richard first, though he could vry well have continued his business after this admission. Lostpedia doesn't give any clues to the order.

On a separate note, with all the fLocke/Jocke theories floating around about him being possessed (or whatevr you want to call it) right from episode one, I groaned during Claire's dream sequence when Locke is shown with one black and one white eye. I don't believe Locke was inhabited by anyone other than himself prior to 316 and was half expecting this episode's board to be full of "See! I told you so!" posts by now. I'm cringing just thinking about the possibility that those posts are still to come by the end of the week.

"What I've done is going to be puzzled over and studied and followed... forever."
    -John Doe (Kevin Spacey), "Seven" . . . but it might as well be Lindelcuse.

I second the groaning.

Even though that sequence is killer, capped off with one of the best on camera screams by such a cutesy actor like Emilie de Ravin. She totally pulled off the freak out accompanied by palm-cutting fist-clenching in my book. You can see why she's got some horror flicks under her belt :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bunny Killer View Post
    One thing I was trying to figure out about Claire's meetings with Richard Malkin in this episode is if they took place before or after his daughter's "resurrection" and Eko's investigation. It would seem that Claire's interaction came AFTER Eko's since Richard appears to be living alone (unless Claire just kept showing up when the rest of his family was out). However, Richard admits to Eko in "?" that he is a fraud, so perhaps Claire met Richard first, though he could vry well have continued his business after this admission. Lostpedia doesn't give any clues to the order.
    Didn't Eko met Malkin right before taking Oceanic 815 ? Malkin's daughther went to the airport to talk to him right before the flight and a couple of days after Eko went to her place... and they even stumbled on Libby while they were talking...
    Eko was sent to Sidney just to investigate about this "myracle"...

So, thinking about it, Malking managed somehow to put both Eko and Claire on that plane...
    Last edited by Rosichan; 06-15-2009 at 10:09 PM.

Anyone else find Claires reaction to her dream interesting? She told Jack something like "maybe it wasn't a nightmare"... interesting since now she has indeed given Aaron away and Locke has become creepy for real. Might we see a scene similar to her dream in season 6?

Default Raised by Another

Warnings to Claire about giving up her baby abound in LOST. I'm not sure if there is an event more hyped by varying sources in the whole series.

We also now suspect that Claire's issues with sleeping were generated when Ethan is injecting her with Juliet's preventative medicine and disrupting her sleep.

Claire's most significant nightmare confirms that the Losties will find their purpose more difficult because Aaron is not there with her, making her disappearance even stranger, if she is not dead. Further, her bloody hands seem to indicate that something about her nightmare was actually real. I'm not necessarily buying the fingernail explanation even though it's the most logical. Certainly her nightmare is a significant foreshadow of a circumstance to come now that we know Locke is dead, and free to warn and otherwise counsel the Losties.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosichan View Post
    Didn't Eko met Malkin right before taking Oceanic 815 ? Malkin's daughther went to the airport to talk to him right before the flight and a couple of days after Eko went to her place... and they even stumbled on Libby while they were talking...
    Eko was sent to Sidney just to investigate about this "myracle"...

So, thinking about it, Malking managed somehow to put both Eko and Claire on that plane...
    That is true but Malkin also gave Claire the ticket for Oceanic Flight 815 the day before the flight. I would think that Eko's investigation took at least a few weeks and it seems that each of Claire's meetings with Malkin were months apart throughout her pregnancy, so perhaps both Eko and Claire interacted with Malkin without crossing paths.

"What I've done is going to be puzzled over and studied and followed... forever."
    -John Doe (Kevin Spacey), "Seven" . . . but it might as well be Lindelcuse.

+ Reply to Thread