+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1x15 Homecoming

Quote Originally Posted by faragay4faraday View Post
    yeah, Ethan was a machine ... I loved that

the Island part of that ep was amazing (as usual in season 1), but I thought Charlie's flashbacks were kinda pointless (funny, unfortunate, weird and all ... but I don't see how they really contributed to Charlie's character ... at least not as powerful as The Moth did)

Locke's smile when he gets his hands on a gun ... creepy (I remember watching this the first time around I thought: this man will sooner or later kill somebody just for fun)
    I think it was just showing us why he is so protective over Clair.
    "you will never take care of anyone" -Door shut in face.
    I guess he just feels totaly inadaquate as a lover/partner/provider. His band is dead, hes on junk, he has no money, cant be respectable.. But he sure showed Ethan.. BOOM BOOM BOOM - I would have thought Charlie killed Ethan because he tried to neck him, that would have pissed me off majorly at least..But he is Clairs white knight..

The thing I'm taking from the rewatch of this episode is the frequent showings of Half of Lockes face being in Shadow, it's very cinematic and whether deliberate or not is foreshadowing to the later seasons!

I was watching this episode today and I asked myself so often what happend to that deleted fight scene with Ethan and Locke? On lostpedia there was a screenshot floating around on this.

Is there any place to watch this? Didn't found something on youtube.

Ethan: I'll kill another and then another and then another...

Yeah, the Others are the good guys. It was all to save Claire. yeah, right! How did they end up trusting them anyway?! (not that they exactly did) I'm sure Ethan's not just speaking for himself.

just me, but did it sound like, when Charlie says "No one's safe..it was my fault", that Jack calls him Hurley?

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyJim View Post
    Random thoughts:
    1. Charlie is weak and given a choice, will make the wrong one. He has a huge need to feel like he's taking care of someone (needs to feel needed) but he isn't usually capable of even taking care of himself.
    My opinion is yes and no. Yeah he's weak. He's an addict and has crushed self-esteem from his brother and losing the band. no job or money etc. But I always thought he was a good person. I think the flashback is a good one because it shows, like almost all the Losties, the flaws and bad choices they've made in their former lives, but it shows Charlie's too decent a person to really con. I don't think he liked Lucy so much as he wanted to like her. He didn't want to go through with it and he wanted to change himself and be a better person, but he couldn't. Maybe he would've put the cigarette thing back when he noticed she gave him a briefcase and a ride and believed in him, but he didn't have the chance to sneak it back. and heroin's got to be incredibly hard to kick.

It seems sad but true that, in general, the more you want or need to achieve something, the more it's likely it'll push you to go too far, until you become "the bad guy"...for instance, Michael trying to be a good father and he's too harsh on Walt. or Jack going too far to save people, to overcome his father's doubt/disbelief in him. or Locke needing to be special. or Charlie needing to be able to take care of Claire and Aaron. The more they need it, because they're down on themselves, the more desperate...whereas maybe, if you don't "need" to do it, if you're already calm and self-confident, it comes naturally. that sucks.

one more thing...they give Kate the fifth gun and bring her along. (not charlie because they didn't think he could shoot) At this point, though the audience through flashbacks knows she can shoot, shouldn't the Losties think she has no clue? Their only experience is that she said she didn't know how to use it, Sayid told her how to take it apart, and she held it as neutral between Sayid and Sawyer. Then had the opportunity to shoot the marshall, which she passed onto Sawyer. So why would they include her? probably just because Jack and Sawyer like her and she'd find a way to come anyway.

I just love the old days with Jack and Locke working together in harmony. And Claire and Charly before all this "stay away from my baby" stuff which is so annoying.

While rewatching I remember how Boone annoys me. Is he actually good for anything? I mean come on, he can't even walk on even ground without falling.

Ethan is so creepy in this episode. I just can't imagine him living in the baracks, using a microwave and eating from a plate

i just happened to rewatch this episode a couple hours after watching "happily ever after". all i could think about every time i saw claire was how similar her amnesia was to desmond's confusion every time he hops between universes.

so i have to ask: is claire actually claire, or did she get switched when the others took her?

Just rewatched this after having not seen it in a while, and I think I'm starting to agree with Damon. There are good moments, but it is one episode that gets weaker over time, instead of better. Claire with amnesia ends up killing time in the episode, instead of making the story more mysterious.

+ Reply to Thread