+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1x22 and 1x23 - Exodus

Default 1x22 and 1x23 - Exodus

Lost Rewatch: Discuss Exodus Pt 1 and Pt 2 here.

Wiki Links:

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Exodus,_Part_1
    http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Exodus,_Part_2

A really great finale!

My top 5 moments:

-WALT: Vincent took care of me when my mom died -- and nobody would talk to me. They pretended like nothing happened. So I had to talk to Vincent. He's a good listener. You could talk to him about Boone if you want.
    Malcom totally owns this moment, some really impressive acting from him, plus just a beautiful moment between two characters you wouldn't guess would share a scene.

-SUN: [subtitled, handing Jin some papers] This is for you.
    JIN: [reading the papers] Star. . . star board.
    SUN: Starboard. [Subtitled]: It's a list of simple English words spelled out phonetically... I thought this would help you so I made it for you.
    JIN: [subtitled] I'm sorry.
    SUN: [subtitled] I am too. You don't have to go.
    JIN: [subtitled] No, don't you understand, Sun. I'm in this place because I'm being punished. I made you suffer. You don't deserve any of this.
    SUN: Jin...
    JIN: [subtitled] I have to go because I'm going to save you. Stay with Jack. He'll keep you safe.
    SUN: [subtitled] Who will keep you safe?
    [They hug and cry.]
    SUN: [subtitled] I love you.
    JIN: [subtitled] I'm so sorry.
    SUN: [subtitled] It's okay.
    [They kiss.]
    Really made me come around to Jin, finaly see what's been going on inside his head.

-SAWYER: [calling after Jack as he walks away] Jack. -- About a week before we all got on the plane, I got to talking to this man in a bar in Sydney. He was American, too. A doctor. I've been on some benders in my time, but this guy -- he was going for an all time record. So, it turns out this guy has a son. His son's a doctor, too. They had some kind of big time falling out. The guy knew it was his fault, even though his son was back in the States thinking the same damn thing. See, kids are like dogs, you knock them around enough they'll think they did something to deserve it. Anyway, there's a pay phone in this bar. And this guy, Christian, tells me he wishes he had the stones to pick up the phone, call his kid, tell him he's sorry, that he's a better doctor than he'll ever be -- he's proud, and he loves him. I had to take off, but -- something tells me he never got around to making that call. Small world, huh?
    Great payoff after Outlaws, one of Josh's best deliveries.

-LOCKE: That's why you and I don't see eye-to-eye sometimes, Jack -- because you're a man of science.
    JACK: Yeah, and what does that make you?
    LOCKE: Me, well, I'm a man of faith. Do you really think all this is an accident -- that we, a group of strangers survived, many of us with just superficial injuries? Do you think we crashed on this place by coincidence -- especially, this place? We were brought here for a purpose, for a reason, all of us. Each one of us was brought here for a reason.
    JACK: Brought here? And who brought us here, John?
    LOCKE: The Island. The Island brought us here. This is no ordinary place, you've seen that, I know you have. But the Island chose you, too, Jack. It's destiny.
    One of the greatest convos ever. So defining of these two characters relationship.

-The boarding scene. Brings the entire season around full circle. Beautiful score from Giachinno as well.
    "All I need is a connection, a hint that my ship in the desert could someday run aground on your shores."
    Ben Kenney

Things I liked/noticed in Exodus, Part 1:
    1. DANIELLE: Dynamite, by the Black Rock, in the dark territory.
      HURLEY: Well, that's 3 reasons to go right there.
    2. Ana Lucia discusses burying Jack’s father (not knowing who he is although she spent considerable time with him, plus the viewer not knowing she ends up as a survivor in the tail section).
    3. Sawyer finally telling Jack the story of meeting Christian in the bar – great stuff indeed.
    4. I didn’t remember that Jin & Sun reconciled before the launching of the raft. After seeing it, I’m surprised I could have forgotten it! Nice tug at the ole heartstrings.
    5. Overall, great ensemble cast acting, epic raft launching and the best soundtrack music on the show up to this point. Like a major motion picture!

This was an awesome finale and began a tradition of awesome finales to come.

Flashing back the day of the flight, from waking up to the airport to boarding the plane, was a perfect way to tie the season together. Cut out the cliffhanger and I would have felt somewhat satisfied even if the series had not gotten a Season 2 order. Among the castaways, there wasn't a character I absolutely hated, and everyone had changed somewhat from the person they were when the plane crashed. The raft launching showed the community that had developed, and through the season, the main characters interacted with one another in various combinations.

It didn't really bother me that we didn't find out what was down the hatch.

I loved all the moments from above too... "Exodus Part 1" had a bigger emotional punch leaving the suspense and action for "Exodus Part 2".

This was probably my second or third favorite finale. A great end to a great season.

Default I may be crazy...

...but I could have sworn I saw a guy who looked a lot like Richard in the boat that took Walt. The one who shot Sawyer. Am I nuts?

Nuts, indeed. This was way before the others were clearly defined, and Nestor Carbonell was certainly not cast yet. Plus, to entertain that implausible theory/idea, would Richard bother putting himself out there like that? He's more of a consigliere, less of a grunt. He wouldn't jeopardize that ageless goodness. Sorry if that sounded a little harsh, but I imagine you watched a lot of seasons quickly, rather than wait the real time of several years between that scene, and our first Richard encounter.
    This was a great episode, made better by the multi-centric, longer, 2 part ep and the revelation of what the hell the monster is. You see it finally, but still don't know what it really is!
    Jacob is John Galt. He has the face with no pain nor fear nor guilt.

I LOVE Exodus. Such an amazing 3 hours. The launching of the raft is one of the most beautiful things i have ever seen. The shock of the Others taking Walt. The montage of all the main cast getting on 815 and then the explosion of the hatch as Locke and Jack peer inside. Just perfect.

If i was going to be picky though, it would be the flashbacks. Michael and Walt got 2. Sun and Jin got 2 but Sayid and Claire didn't get any. Sayid did appear in Shannon's though and both had deleted scenes. Here is Claire's one, it's great and a shame they cut it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hknxIqQkvwk

amazing, outstanding, awesome finale

Rousseau's story is made consistent with later depictions (they actually came and took her child, screw "I never saw anayone, but I hear them"). also, creepy how she's goes mental when, for the first time in the 16 years after she had lost Alex, she suddenly sees and hears a baby (according to Claire ... pronounced /beɪbiː/)

and Charlie: this man is either absolutely fearless, or really stupid. it's the second time he punches someone he'd never ever stand a chance to without thinking twice (first James, now Sayid).

Arzt ... well ... what is there to say about Arzt that hasn't been said yet? could have been a great character to keep around for a while, he totally reflected on the show and how everything is focussed on a few chosen ones ... and he had that very human, annoying side where he yells at people and stuff ... cool guy. his death totally made up for the loss ... it's just BAM! and ... off he goes

we finally get to see Smokey, might get a gist of what Rousseau meant with her "pillar of black smoke 5 miles inland" ... and John and Jack drift further away from each other. the raft part of the finale was pretty cool, even though nothing much happens until Walt is taken and Michael now yells Waaaaaalt! throughout the entire 2nd season

^^and yeah: Claire and Norris, too bad they cut that out

Quote Originally Posted by leighana View Post
    ...but I could have sworn I saw a guy who looked a lot like Richard in the boat that took Walt. The one who shot Sawyer. Am I nuts?
    No, you're not. I thought he was it as well until I read that he wasn't in there.

I get all misty when Vincent tries to follow Walt, having grown up with a yellow lab and all.

Not showing what's down the hatch was a masterstroke. That said, I got on the show late and had the luxury of just loading up S2 right away. That must have been a tough wait for all you non-bandwagoners.

The look between Jack and Locke on the plane is so loaded, especially after 5 seasons of their conflict. Hurley's goofy thumbs up to Walt is great too, especially how Walt's smile fades as soon as Michael looks at him.

+ Reply to Thread