+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2x02 Adrift

Someone earlier in the thread said it perfectly, I don't quite know why Michael is being a dick to Sawyer especially after he saved him at the start of the episode. I can understand why Michael continues to shout for Walt but surely he knows it's useless, although when your desperate for something I suppose that won't stop you one bit. Absolutly love the way Locke just plays along with Desmond when he asks "Are you him?" it's excellent but he just hasn't got an idea what to say when he continues asking him about what one snowman said to the other. An excellent foreshadowing bit happens on about 17 minutes, look out for it if your reading this or have noticed it before watching. It's when Desmond realises that Locke and Kate have been in the plane crash. He asks them how long they've been on the island for to which Locke replies 44 days, and just for a momentary second, we see Desmond say 44 days and then take a second in his head, obviously realising or at least noting that it could have been him who crashed the plane. Excellently writing by the writers considering we find out in the finale of season 2 that it was him who crashed it.

It was excellent to see the Mama Cass from Jack's POV in the first episode then Kate and Locke's in Season 2, especially when we hear her voice from the vent just like we had the previous episode. Kate watching over it all (and nearly getting shot) is just such a neat twist. The ending of this episode is just sensational, so spooky. Out of nowhere we hear Jin so it's the joy of knowing he's alive, then you see him and he's in such a panic state running towards Saywer and Michael, and of course his infamous 'udders' line. Then we see the tailies, but of course we still think it's the others, maintaining that barbaric type we still know them as to this point, excellent decieving by the writers.

The flashbacks are brutal on Michael, and I suppose in a way it tells us why his attitude is the way it is, Susan is definatly a bad piece of work and didn't help Michael one bit in this flashback, the way he gets embarassed about what his own's first words, favourite food and stuff like that infront of people, uncalled for and at that moment I really felt for him, I don't have kids although one day I hope to, and I mean that must be the lowest of the low for a Dad to feel like. Least at the end he gets to see his son, although it is saying goodbye it's something which kind of brings the fb full circle.

Some of Sawyer's quotes in this episode are excellent. When Michael points out that it's because he's arm is bloodied is why the shark is hanging around, his reply of "Well I'll just stop BLEEDING then". Also when he pulls the bullet out with his bare hands, screams in agony then simply turns around and says "Got a band aid?". When talking on the two bits of the raft with Michael and he says Walt's the reason he got a bullet in his arms, Michael turns around and threatens him to never say Walt's name again, Sawyer's excellent reply of "What you gonna do? Splash me?". Genius.

Susan's lawyer was also a giant bitch. She looked like she was having the time of her life humiliating Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by DharmaVan View Post
    Waaaaa-aaa-lllt!

Michael is so annoying (as if we don’t already know that). I mean, I get weepy in even the most minor of sentimental Lost moments; you’d think an episode whose major storyline was devoted to losing/giving up your child would have me cryin' like a little baby. This did absolutely nothing for me. Michael's characterization just doesn’t move me. Sorry, he's a dufus. And, yeah, Walt's mother is a real piece of work.
    i SO agree with this! i see shannon hug walt and im sobbing, i see michael lose walt and i feel so little....i actually think it was probably all best for walt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombyx mori View Post
    has there been any confirmation that michael is actually dead?
    i really dont understand this...i thought that maybe i wasnt in on some secret information or i had missed something....but when i have asked or seen this asked, its always the same answer.....LP does say hes dead.....but i dont know where this comes from....i honestly would like to see michael again (as much as i hate him), only because i think such a prominant character deserves a better death.

Quote Originally Posted by MM0602 View Post
    Susan's lawyer was also a giant bitch. She looked like she was having the time of her life humiliating Michael.
    ugh..i hated this ugly horrible woman. for those who think susan is TVs worst character....think again...haha i dont know how 3 minutes of a person can make me feel such hatred, but it did.

anways... i feel that this episode is MOSMOF Part 2....and i like it....it wasnt nearly as great as MOSMOF, but it was a good episode, and i was glad to see the rafties again... the ending with jin and the tailies...such a cliffhanger...how scary is it thinking those people are others!?! although...come to think of it, the tailies are a pretty brutal bunch themselves...

kate eating the chocolate bar was also pretty cute. and rarely will i call kate cute (not to say she isnt totally beautiful...she is).

When they do details right, they really do it right.

Totally missed it the first couple times I saw this ep, but I finally saw it this time around. In the scene with Michael in his lawyer's office, you can see the Twin Towers outside the window.

Man, even as a background touch, it still just haunts me.

You can barely see them in this screen grab, but it was pretty clear on my DVD copy on my TV.

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    i honestly would like to see michael again (as much as i hate him), only because i think such a prominant character deserves a better death.
    Completely disagree with this, I think his death was actually great. Everything leading up to what happened just tied his story up perfectly and it left him on a high note, I was willing to forget all the WAAAAAAAA-AAAAA-LLLLT (the one at the start of this episode was a particularly annoying one)

It would be stupid and needless if they broughr him back when pretty much everyone is assuming he is dead.

--

As for this episode, I loved it. I love the different perspectives of the same event and I also picked up on the same thing Jack Shepherd's Twin did, with Desmond taking a moment to think back to 44 days ago, genius.

The end shot is the most menacing I have ever seen people look on this show, it genuinely looked like something out of Resident Evil with Jin being chased down by a group of people with really brutal looking weapons, what a great moment to end the episode on.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but... am I watching the same episode you guys are? I mean, this is the episode with Michael and Sawyer floating around on a raft for an hour while Michael has flashbacks to things we already learned about in "Special", right?

jepp, that's the one

also the one were see the hatch, the button, and we meet Desmond

aaand the drifting on the raft thing was pretty cool, seeing how Holloway and Perrineau totally can pull off some dialogue based scenes. the tension between them was very well acted, and Michael turned into a total jerk over night. and hell: the Dharma shark

Michael was an amazing, yet sometimes really annoying, character

I don't miss him, but his story arc was really cool ...
    Last edited by faragay4faraday; 08-04-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmondFaraday View Post
    Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but... am I watching the same episode you guys are? I mean, this is the episode with Michael and Sawyer floating around on a raft for an hour while Michael has flashbacks to things we already learned about in "Special", right?
    Don't worry, I found this episode to be the worst of the rewatch yet... And I watched Fire + Water already jus sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by faragay4faraday View Post
    jepp, that's the one

also the one were see the hatch, the button, and we meet Desmond
    Nope. We were introduced to those things in "Man of Science, Man of Faith".

Quote Originally Posted by MM0602 View Post
    Don't worry, I found this episode to be the worst of the rewatch yet... And I watched Fire + Water already jus sayin.
    I just finished "Flashes Before Your Eyes" in my rewatch, and over a season later, it's still the worst yet.

Yeah I must agree with the majority here Michael is a douche.
    Like I really dont buy how the whole custody battle went down. It seems so unrealistic.
    Like its his kid too bitch give him some visitations! How can she be so selfish and not care about Michael and his relationship with his son.
    Then we see the flip side with Clair and her b/f walking out.. what a douche! I guess your dammned if you do and your dammned if you dont! lol

Love the whole floating int he ocean scenes. Even tho its meant to be serious its really a comedy to me. Like a little lovers tiff but they have to deal with eachother cos they cant go anywhere else...

I like S2 because there is more action.. S1 dragged a bit with the whole getting to know the characters.. nessecary evil I guess..

+ Reply to Thread