+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2x06 Abandoned

Quote Originally Posted by Kinuvia View Post
    Regarding Walt appearing, I think Ms. Klugh pretty much references it in 'Three Minutes' in her discussion with Michael about Walt. It's jumping way ahead, so I won't really elaborate because I know that is frowned upon here - but it seems to be one of the characteristics of him being special.
    I'm kind of assuming that it is Walt, not the smoke monster, but it's hard to say since there are whispers about, and I agree that it could go either way in terms of "is he trying to help her or not?" question. I suspect that he's dripping wet in these appearances because he's in the same (or a similar) holding cell Jack ends up in on the Hydra, but I'm sure they didn't plan that ahead of time.

I doubt we'll ever find out about Walt. And, honestly I'd rather get answers on much more key things then walt. To me, he should've been wrapped up before he left the island so at season 6 they dont throw a precious episode into something about a character who hasn't been credited as a main role since season 2. Just my thoughts.

Shannon was a good character, I perfer Boone. I was very happy when he showed up to Shannon. However, his Zac Efron likness was creepy. And he was a d-bag. Hopefully both characters make an appearance in season 6. I think the actors would definetaly come back(Boones come back like what, 4 times?)

I'm also a little ahead of the rewatch(just started season 3) But who caressssssssssssss!

made me miss Shannon
    well, and Boon for that matter

Shannon's story was a pretty sad one, I hope kharma bit Mrs. Rutherford's ass not much later

but damn, Sayid look inthe eye when he finally encounters Ana-Lucia ... absolute killer

Quote Originally Posted by faragay4faraday View Post
    Shannon's story was a pretty sad one, I hope kharma bit Mrs. Rutherford's ass not much later

her son (and step daughter, as little as she cared) were lost (presumably killed) in a plane crash, in the few years following her husbands death. i think its safe to say kharma gave her a good ass biting.

Sorry for lat post just trying to get cought up still.

Walt was definitely trying to help her. He was telling her to be quiet so she wouldnt jump out in front of the tailies and get shot. About Walt walking that way that is not what happened. He turned and moved out of the shot for a second. Shannon was ran so far into the jungle after that. For at least a good 20 second sprint witch got her pretty far away. If you want to put logic into it.

Walt is now in the hands of the Others and he appiered Wet. I think there would be no reason for him to be dripping wet unless he was the one doing it. The island and Flock would have no reason to appear wet.

Trying to think back, I'm guessing this is the first episode where it introduces the character in a flashback and then kill them off at the end of the episode. Was a shame imo, Shannon I think was starting to get into the role of the group a bit more and then she meets Ana-Lucia head on. In her flashbacks, I definatly get a lone theme, something that was apparent on the island, once Boone had his vision in Season 1, and then Sayid didn't believe her. Most horrible person award to Sabrina Carlyle anyone? Just when she actually breaks through and gets her internship, and then it's all snatched away from her. This episode really makes you feel for Shannon.

Interesting to see the first cracks beginning to appear between Charlie and Locke in this episode, once again Locke has one up on him after hearing from Claire that he's still in possession of his drugs. Speaking of Locke/Claire, from a personal point of view I really liked that relationship. I think it was clearly more of a father/daughter relationship they shared, rather than husband/wife she shared with Charlie. Locke always seemed to have her best intentions at heart, that's not to say Charlie didn't, but it was nice to see. Seeing the tailies make the mammoth trek across the island again was a sight to behold, soured by the fact we know how it ends. Very creepy what happened to Cindy, not holding my breathe that we actually get one, I'm sure the writers have far more important things to worry about than how someone disappeared in Season 2, but it would be interesting.

The whole Walt appiration always gets me thinking, who is behind that? The island? If so, was the island wanting Shannon to die, or indeed with Walt putting his finger to his lips and almost 'shushing' Shannon and Sayid, was he saying be quiet so the gunshot would never happen. Then of course the gunshot, horrible moment in the episode. So tragic when you just hear the shot, before you have to wait a second before Shannon turns around and it's revealed she was shot. Then the reactions of all the actors are golden, the losties, but then we also see Ana-Lucia's reaction, and then of course Sayid's. That look in his eye, we just know something good isn't going to happen. Uh-oh!

I don't really like Claire anymore, she's just a bit annoying, Charlie deserves better.

Yeah I really like Shannon on the rewatch, she was a really interesting character who had depth. Boone never had this, Boone just walked around copying people and following them like he is their lapdog, he's a sidekick.

Just as we start to feel emotional about Shannon, her flashbacks in this episode were great, she gets shot and she is out of the picture, sad.

Walt is appearing to her drenched in water because the island is telling her that something went wrong with the raft, I do think he was leading her to find Ana Lucia and the Tailies, but she was faltered by her own eagerness to prove herself, which she never actually did

yes maybe walt was leading her to the tailies. but not to get shot, to help find them and bring them back?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMoney37 View Post
    Cindy dissapearing has always bothered me. I guess we can just assume she was kidnapped, and nothing else really happened.
    Cindy's disappearance is addressed in Season 3. I won't spoil how it happens, but it is addressed.

this episode mad me start to think that walt is one bad kid. imo he led shannon right to her death. just like he made the bird crash into the window in season one (can't remember the episode name, but it's the walt/mike flashback one).
    and i realised that i did actually like shannon, i got sad in the flashback when she was at her dad's funeral

+ Reply to Thread