+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Polar Bear University (tm) Study Hall

Default Polar Bear University (tm) Study Hall

In preparation for the final Lost Experience, i am opening this Study Hall (tm)

And i just want to add how great it's been to be here since the beginning. I remember the beginning of the forums, the first of us sitting with Admin, sipping tea. And then it happened. TLE 1. Chocolate bars and whatnot, the holy Golden Oracle even paid a visit.

We found 815... with Dan Brown (?), broken sites, Black Swan White Swan!

And then the bomb blew up. Or did it?

And with that, I hereby officialy open this Study Hall.
    Rachel is gonna get dirty underground!! someone get a shower ready! Second Of The Number Members!!
    (member #8-HAH! top that dirty (see above) rachel blake!!)

sorry for all that randomness... (btw, TLE #1 was better than the other 2)

I look forward to our new "education". But I've found doing this at work isn't always the best bet. So I look forward to people passing me a note during study hall.

So I guess we need to start talking about school supplies.

Noteably Blueray players with BDlive.

I would like to find one that is stand alone, good track record of firmware updates and feature support, and plays the old fashioned dvd's still without a bunch of color loss.

I know the main contender in the recomendations list will be the ps3, but personally I don't want to burn through a gaming systems laser on DVD's and movies, it is a pain in the ass to get repaired.

My hat and University shirt are already on the way. I too am a Lost ARG from the start kinda guy, and even played in Vincent Madison's non official Lost ARG.

So far my favorite thing about all of the ARG's was the Apollo bar, I ate three and still miss the taste.
    Lostpedia LU Honor Society Also: Big pictures of each poster as they arrive here. Not for slow connections.

banner courtesy of StanDubar

You like it? I did it myself. It takes a very long time when you're making the thread, but, uh... I suppose that's the point, isn't it?

I wouldn't worry about burning through the laser. I had a PS2 from 2002 until 2007 when I got my PS3 and it was also my only DVD player. I also have little kids, so occasionally it would get left on accident with a DVD in it overnight, etc. It was still working when I got the PS3. Now I've had the PS3 for a year and a half and it's our only DVD player as well. Use it all the time. Still working, never had a problem. Sony makes a good product even if a lot of their stuff is overpriced.

He's right. I bought my PS3 on day 1, use it as a game system, blu-ray and DVD player *constantly* with no problems. Not to mention, it has Wifi built into every machine, in case a cable can't be ran for the BD-Live functions.

The basic model is all anyone really needs.

I don't know if I'm going to do this one. They've been fun in the past, but now i need to hand over my hard-earned monies? No??
    Rachel is gonna get dirty underground!! someone get a shower ready! Second Of The Number Members!!
    (member #8-HAH! top that dirty (see above) rachel blake!!)

sorry for all that randomness... (btw, TLE #1 was better than the other 2)

+ Reply to Thread