+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire: The Thread.

It bothered me for like 10 minutes that Jaime Lannister said "I could care less..." at the beginning of the episode.

C'mon, even in a fictional medieval era, the phrase "I couldn't care less" hadn't been bastardized yet.

^ haha

Another good episode, though not one of the best. I didn't expect Robert to die like that! That's going to have some interesting consequences. Joffrey as a king will probably not be very good. The Khal Drogo scene was pretty cool though.

its amazing that the actor that plays drogo can speak a fictional language with so much emphasis.

martin himself wrote the next episode in the series so it should be really good

Quote Originally Posted by Jim108 View Post
    ^ haha

Another good episode, though not one of the best. I didn't expect Robert to die like that! That's going to have some interesting consequences. Joffrey as a king will probably not be very good. The Khal Drogo scene was pretty cool though.
    Actually thought this was the best of the season so far.

I gotta say, as a non-reader of the books I'm finding the show pretty hard to follow and keep track of all the characters and who they are, but I'm still enjoying it. I like the dialogue, the look of the show, the sex, and the violence, but I don't even know what I'm watching probably a good 30 percent of the time.

I liked the lesbians last night, but I have no idea who Mayor Tommy Carcieri from The Wire is supposed to be, except that he screwed over the king's advisor for some reason instead of helping him. And there was no midget last night, which sucked because I like the midget. And Drago's smoking hot wife isn't getting naked anymore now that she's pregnant, so I hope she has the kid pretty soon so she can start getting naked again (hopefully).
    Last edited by BathtubJin; 05-31-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth4114 View Post
    Actually thought this was the best of the season so far.
    It bored me just a little the first 30 minutes, but after that it was really good!

I'm surprised at how well I can follow it. There are certainly things I have to watch twice to understand, but for the most part I think I do know who the characters are. And for what I don't know, there's the viewer's guide on the official website. Robert's two brothers for example (one of them unseen, but talked about in this episode).

It probably was the lack of Tyrion that made me like it just a little less. We did get more Khal Drogo in return!

Great episode. Not the best, but certainly one of the best.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.
    The hands of death could not defeat me. The sisters of fate could not hold me.

Joker. Smoker. Midnight toker.

Drogo's speech was just awesome. Nice to see him get more than 4 words here and there to say.
    “There is only one god, and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.”

- Syrio Forel

Question! Was Cercei's unborn child actually Robert's or Jaime's? I was wondering because I just watched their scene again.

If it's too big a spoiler, don't tell me. But I don't think it is.

+ Reply to Thread