+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2x17 Lockdown

Default 2x17 Lockdown

Lost Rewatch - Lockdown

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Lockdown

One of my favourite episodes from the second season with 3 exciting things happening at the end:

1. The blast door map appears
    2. The Losties find the food pallet in the jungle
    3. The man in the hatch is not Henry Gale

Perhaps we should discuss a bit about the hatch. Especially after the fifth season, we know certain things about the station. We know the button is not a joke and that the station was indeed built near a pocket of exotic energy and that this energy can somehow affect the time-space continuum.

But there are still open questions:
    Why was there a button anyway? To me, it seems a strange way of dealing with this energy considering the fact that not pushing the button would probably lead to a catastrophe.
    Why didn't they program a computer to do this task?

We can certainly assume that Radzinsky had a big part in planning the Swan station (and also the button). Perhaps he was simply crazy. Perhaps he wanted to force the D.I. to stay on the island, force himself to stay in the Swan station. Perhaps he wanted the island destroyed in the case the D.I. would disappear. Who knows?

After rewatching this episode I am at a loss why Ben would mess with John about not pushing the button. I can understand that he wants to make John lose his confidence and yet, he risks everything blowing up. And why would the Others leave it to change that Desmond would be so diligent and push this button every single day for all these years.

1) Would YOU want an unsupervised computer in charge of keeping the world from imploding? Computers NEVER fail.

2) The Others don't want the Island (or, I imagine, the rest of the world) to be destroyed either. Ben wants John to lose his faith but he knows there is a failsafe.

3) They almost certainly were watching Desmond from either the Pearl or the computer in the Flame. If he looked like he were gonna screw it up they woulda stormed the place and used the failsafe or pushed the button, time permitting.

I'm of the belief that Radzinksy was so paranoid (and confident in himself) that if the station were to be taken over by the Hostiles, then the Hostiles would be stuck in there and exploded not knowing the code.

I agree with Derp that the Others were keeping an eye on Desmond. Anyone have any ideas as how to make the blacklights come on? It seems like something Ben knew unless it was specific to the food drops..and the food drop is still such a big question....

Good episode anyhow. The final flashback of Locke was soooo sad.
    Dom is my beloved.
    Scott Caballero Jedi Príncipe Steve de los Foros Españoles
    Quote Originally Posted by BenWarner View Post
    Entertainment is very important in our life. For Entertainment i listen song. My favorite song is one love. I like this song very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott/Steve View Post
    I'm of the belief that Radzinksy was so paranoid (and confident in himself) that if the station were to be taken over by the Hostiles, then the Hostiles would be stuck in there and exploded not knowing the code.(
    Yes, this makes sense. So the button was be a "dead man's trigger" for the D.I. or at least for Radzinsky.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott/Steve View Post
    Good episode anyhow. The final flashback of Locke was soooo sad.
    I really like Helen: she's such a strong woman. Nice to see how she slaps Cooper in the face - he really deserves it.

I think a Ben flashback about getting caught is long overdue. Don't know if we'll end up getting it now. Is it possible that he didn't really push the button and that it reset itself during a lockdown since the person manning the station would obviously be locked inside? I believe we are to assume this is a real lockdown and not the lockdown that Desmond/Kelvin faked later in the season.

Has anyone considered John's hypocrisy for how he treated Charlie in "Fire + Water" considering what happened at the end of the flashbacks here?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schwenke View Post
    Has anyone considered John's hypocrisy for how he treated Charlie in "Fire + Water" considering what happened at the end of the flashbacks here?
    i think that locke is a totally different person on the island than he was before. somehow he doesnt connect his old life to his new one. most of the characters keep their past characteristics and are defined by them on the island just as much as they were before (jack fixes, kate runs, sawyer cons).

good character connection with locke surveying nadias house.

this episode actually had me worried despite knowing the outcome - those men checking lockes bag, the blast door coming down on lockes leg, benry getting "knocked out".
    also amazing ending - the food drop and confronting benry. i like how we last see charlie/ana/sayid find the balloon and the grave and are left to think that henry is telling the truth, and then this is totally crushed in the last scene.

did anyone else find that on thier first lost watch they though every episode was going to show how locke became paralyzed? because i remember always thinking "ok, this is the episode they are finally going to let us know..."
    in this one i was convinced he would get shot by the scary mafia (or whatever) men.

i really love helen and i wish she would have given locke another chance - i know she had given him chances before, but it seems this time he really would have been done with cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    did anyone else find that on thier first lost watch they though every episode was going to show how locke became paralyzed? because i remember always thinking "ok, this is the episode they are finally going to let us know..."
    in this one i was convinced he would get shot by the scary mafia (or whatever) men.
    Hah, definitely. I thought the same thing for this episode.

In 'Deus Ex' I thought he was gonna become paralyzed because he ripped out the IV in the hospital. xD
    "All I need is a connection, a hint that my ship in the desert could someday run aground on your shores."
    Ben Kenney

Quote Originally Posted by Noman View Post
    Hah, definitely. I thought the same thing for this episode.

In 'Deus Ex' I thought he was gonna become paralyzed because he ripped out the IV in the hospital. xD

...And when he was hit by the car in the toystore parking lot. Tricky writers.

+ Reply to Thread